March 28, 2024, 10:04:06 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 9009 times)

March 03, 2018, 11:56:42 AM
Read 9009 times

SteveCalley

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:27:36 PM by Teddy »

March 07, 2018, 01:19:15 PM
Reply #1

Armide

Maybe I only speak for myself when I say this: but interest in the unexplained comes and goes. Sometimes I really don't care for discussing unexplained phenomena, others I don't sleep and spend my time compiling and organising all the sources I can find on the topic :D There's maybe also the fact that this isn't a convential kind of social media; people spend more time on applications that they get direct notifications from, and especially on social media that don't require a lot of thought. Also, I've found that it gets a bit depressing after a while, and I guess sometimes people aren't always in the mood for that. Sure, I never knew the group personally, but reading about them and how full of ambition and youth they were knowing that they died so young is... depressing, to say the least. Sometimes I just don't have the energy to think about that, I guess, but maybe that's just me.

Don't be creeped out though, I don't think any of us have been kidnapped to be questioned by the CIA :D or at least not yet

May 04, 2018, 05:08:37 PM
Reply #2

CalzagheChick

Yeah I have to actively delegate my time more efficiently because I spent a very long time in this rabbit hole and neglected my actual life where I have to make money to pay bills for things like my SUV and insurance and taxes because 'Merica! If I'm not as active, I'm just taking care of my adult responsibilities.

I agree with Armide. It does get very draining to take all of this in. I'm not even an expert on the topic like say Teddy or Loose Cannon in any way. I get particularly irritated when there's information out there contradicting itself and in any case... I started all of this because I felt a connection to the 9 victims, not because of a personal interest. I felt the pain of their loss. I felt the pain of their families. That's what kept me inside the mystery ultimately. But connecting to the dead can be a very controversial thing--I don't want my emotions on some dimension to pull those lost souls from eternal peace/rest.

Yes I have a very scientific mind. But I'm also a very spiritually-inclined person too. I believe in an afterlife and souls. I also believe in not meddling with the dead--we don't know what's on the other side of that veil and we shouldn't be too quick to make attachments in the spiritual realm as there are some very very dark things that the human mind can't comprehend.

I'm hypersensitive to highly emotional events--they effect me in a much more profound way than I've observed in others. So here almost 60 years after the fact, I am very affected by these 9 deaths as though it happened yesterday. I have to control my emotional attachment in any way that I can even if that means taking a break from the case files because I don't want to trip a switch on the other side and "call" them from a place of peace (I'm not sure I believe they're at peace so long as people are still so actively involved in their case story, but if they are, I don't want to be the one to have called them.)

So now that I sound like a complete basket case I'll leave this conversation.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:27:56 PM by Teddy »

May 04, 2018, 05:44:05 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Laff....   you guys are fine.   Nobody expects you to live on tje forum etc.  We all have lives and often get worn out trying to make sense of the incident.  I'm by all means not an expert, and members here often remind me of points I had forgotten.  I do not know what happened to these poor people and I'm not married to any given theory.  Im just here to play devil's advocate where need -be to help you guys strengthen your standpoints, and help out any way I can. 

Feel free to message me anytime your having issues finding something or whatnot, and I'll do my best to help out.  Keep in mind.....  I don't read ANY of the books on the topic for fear it will melt my brain and think for me!    lol2
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:28:07 PM by Teddy »
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 06, 2018, 07:01:44 PM
Reply #4

CalzagheChick

Laff....   you guys are fine.   Nobody expects you to live on tje forum etc.  We all have lives and often get worn out trying to make sense of the incident.  I'm by all means not an expert, and members here often remind me of points I had forgotten.  I do not know what happened to these poor people and I'm not married to any given theory.  Im just here to play devil's advocate where need -be to help you guys strengthen your standpoints, and help out any way I can. 

Feel free to message me anytime your having issues finding something or whatnot, and I'll do my best to help out.  Keep in mind.....  I don't read ANY of the books on the topic for fear it will melt my brain and think for me!    lol2

Don't read the books. I started this weekend. And they kind of really do have a way of taking over to lead the reader into their court. I'm afraid to continue because like you I don't want to get married to someone's published theory although one in particular is in line with the theory I more or less lean toward.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:28:17 PM by Teddy »

June 27, 2019, 09:38:26 AM
Reply #5

snaika1079

In Russia, a slightly different approach. Here if you do not read a lot of sources and are not interested in the study of information in the testimony , in books, in magazines, it will not be considered a "competent approach". War versions here started clearly not those who want to understand the causes of death, but rather the opposite. Here the tail wags the dog. Studying the weather theme does not give a victory to one version, it is not quite the right approach.  This gives way to the knowledge of the TOPIC.  And created a stream of versions of a religion to which have joined the followers of the first level.  If it is difficult, I can easier - disconnect from what is poured on you from the Central media of the Russian Federation -TV, Newspapers and even YouTube. Lose yourself. Abyss. Then start with a clean slate.  99% are beginning to examine the tragedy with the improper tenets , rather from theoretical calculations made assumptions and gave good feed. As a person that 7 years firmly dealing with the topic of GD responsibly say - install "and here something unknown drove them to their Palacky" or "the night was cold
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:28:27 PM by Teddy »