March 28, 2024, 05:41:16 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Was The Pass Closed After The Incident?  (Read 5362 times)

August 21, 2019, 01:21:18 PM
Read 5362 times

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Because they were brought there and/or eacaped from a gov facility....  What does chem or bio have anything to do with it?  Experiments can take place months prior and many miles away.  A Yeti clan migrated..... Case closed.    lol2

Does that mean you have been converted to the “Dark Side” and are now a true believer in the Yeti theory?

Still- this one requires more forensic evidence to convince me it was a Yeti.  Especially given there was a surviving eye witness.

Regards

Star man

I think what is very interesting is that there are obviously some strange things happening all the time. And not just to groups of people out hiking. Thanks to the wonderful WWW we can now  look at hundreds of fascinating and mysterious events over decades and even hundreds of years. Stories of BIG FOOT in the USA for instance. And such stories sometimes linked to UFO's. And stories of CATTLE MUTILATIONS from around the World. ETC ETC ETC ETC. Something keeps ringing a bell re this Dyatlov Mystery and its this ; STRANGE LIGHTS SEEN IN THE SKY; STRANGE INJURIES SIMILAR TO CATTLE MUTILATIONS ; RADIATION; THE STRANGE BEHAVIOUR OF THE GROUP IN LEAVING THE SAFETY OF THEIR TENT. And then the decision by the AUTHORITIES to close the immediate area down for several years.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:37:36 PM by sarapuk »
DB

August 21, 2019, 03:31:50 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I think them closing the area for years is a myth if I recall correctly.  Good question for WAB.

All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 21, 2019, 10:19:02 PM
Reply #2

Morski

Yeah, WAB said, that closing the area is one of the many myths around. As he argued, it is  not reasonable to think, you can just "close" an area with the size of Belgium just like that. If I am not mistaken, the so called closing meant, that hikers could not obtain the degree in sports in the area under the usual rules, and not that people were not allowed to go there.
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

August 21, 2019, 11:01:47 PM
Reply #3

Star man

Because they were brought there and/or eacaped from a gov facility....  What does chem or bio have anything to do with it?  Experiments can take place months prior and many miles away.  A Yeti clan migrated..... Case closed.    lol2

Does that mean you have been converted to the “Dark Side” and are now a true believer in the Yeti theory?

Still- this one requires more forensic evidence to convince me it was a Yeti.  Especially given there was a surviving eye witness.

Regards

Star man

I think what is very interesting is that there are obviously some strange things happening all the time. And not just to groups of people out hiking. Thanks to the wonderful WWW we can now  look at hundreds of fascinating and mysterious events over decades and even hundreds of years. Stories of BIG FOOT in the USA for instance. And such stories sometimes linked to UFO's. And stories of CATTLE MUTILATIONS from around the World. ETC ETC ETC ETC. Something keeps ringing a bell re this Dyatlov Mystery and its this ; STRANGE LIGHTS SEEN IN THE SKY; STRANGE INJURIES SIMILAR TO CATTLE MUTILATIONS ; RADIATION; THE STRANGE BEHAVIOUR OF THE GROUP IN LEAVING THE SAFETY OF THEIR TENT. And then the decision by the AUTHORITIES to close the immediate area down for several years.

Well knowledge = power AND www = knowledge

Regards

Star man

August 22, 2019, 02:59:35 PM
Reply #4

sarapuk

I think them closing the area for years is a myth if I recall correctly.  Good question for WAB.

I did enjoy a discussion with WAB on this Forum about that. WAB said that a Group of hikers and been near the Dyatlov Pass shortly after the event. However I found out that they had been no where near The Dyatlov Pass. There is no Evidence that any one was at The Dyatlov pass for many years after the EVENT unless it was the Authorities people of course.
DB

August 22, 2019, 03:01:42 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Yeah, WAB said, that closing the area is one of the many myths around. As he argued, it is  not reasonable to think, you can just "close" an area with the size of Belgium just like that. If I am not mistaken, the so called closing meant, that hikers could not obtain the degree in sports in the area under the usual rules, and not that people were not allowed to go there.

Size of Belgium ! ?  I think not. And I think you will find that NO HIKERS went to The Dyatlov Pass for many years after the Event.
DB

August 22, 2019, 08:33:33 PM
Reply #6

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Like was stated, it's understandable that the University did not let students etc obtain their level 3 certification there for some time.  I also can understand why nobody else for that matter would 'want' to go there other then authorities etc. 

No conspiracy required.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 23, 2019, 08:42:37 AM
Reply #7

Morski

Size of Belgium ! ?  I think not. And I think you will find that NO HIKERS went to The Dyatlov Pass for many years after the Event.

The comparison to Belgium is only illustrative, and is relative, of course.

Can`t recall seeing a case file or official register, where every trip in the area after the incident is documented by date, but it could be my bad. May be I will find, that hikers skipped it, maybe I won`t, but that is not the point anyway. The point is why. Because they were reluctant to go to a place, where a terrible tragedy happened, or because the place was “closed”.

I can hardly see, it is because someone said: "hikers are forbidden to go there for unknown period of time, because the State says so". How do you even imagine this? The Red Army put a fence and was guarding it like a border line? The KGB was observing the hiker`s routes and was preventing all enthusiasts to go there? Or between all the Soviet Tourist clubs, an official order of the day was sent from "high above", that the region where the Dyatlov group was hiking is "closed"? This is not area 51, it`s the Northern Urals. That sounds so overstretched. But I have to admit - it really fits the conspiracy narrative very conveniently.

As Loose Cannon pointed, there seems to be a way more down to earth explanation. 

I think we are derailing this topic though, since it is about another incident.

August 23, 2019, 11:12:08 AM
Reply #8

sarapuk

Like was stated, it's understandable that the University did not let students etc obtain their level 3 certification there for some time.  I also can understand why nobody else for that matter would 'want' to go there other then authorities etc. 

No conspiracy required.

And no conspiracy needed. The Authorities did not hide the fact that no one was permitted in the immediate area for some time after the Event.
DB

August 23, 2019, 11:16:22 AM
Reply #9

sarapuk

Can`t recall seeing a case file or official register, where every trip in the area after the incident is documented by date, but it could be my bad. May be I will find, that hikers skipped it, maybe I won`t, but that is not the point anyway. The point is why. Because they were reluctant to go to a place, where a terrible tragedy happened, or because the place was “closed”.

I can hardly see, it is because someone said: "hikers are forbidden to go there for unknown period of time, because the State says so". How do you even imagine this? The Red Army put a fence and was guarding it like a border line? The KGB was observing the hiker`s routes and was preventing all enthusiasts to go there? Or between all the Soviet Tourist clubs, an official order of the day was sent from "high above", that the region where the Dyatlov group was hiking is "closed"? This is not area 51, it`s the Northern Urals. That sounds so overstretched. But I have to admit - it really fits the conspiracy narrative very conveniently.

As Loose Cannon pointed, there seems to be a way more down to earth explanation. 

Illustrative  !  ?  It seems like a statement of fact was intended  ! ?  Anyway the fact is that there is NO EVIDENCE of any other Groups going to that area for some time after the Event, for whatever reason.
DB

August 23, 2019, 01:49:20 PM
Reply #10

Morski

Illustrative  !  ?  It seems like a statement of fact was intended  ! ?  Anyway the fact is that there is NO EVIDENCE of any other Groups going to that area for some time after the Event, for whatever reason.

No, of course it was not a statement of a fact... It was intended to underline the absurdity of the idea of "closing" a vast area of wild land... And for what? Why are you taking it so literal?

No evidence of groups who were there after, does not mean there was an official ban. In the best case, it means no one went there. Simple as that. Not all hikers are students or wannabes trying to get a degree in sports, hence not all need a specific permit.

August 24, 2019, 11:31:33 AM
Reply #11

sarapuk

No, of course it was not a statement of a fact... It was intended to underline the absurdity of the idea of "closing" a vast area of wild land... And for what? Why are you taking it so literal?

No evidence of groups who were there after, does not mean there was an official ban. In the best case, it means no one went there. Simple as that. Not all hikers are students or wannabes trying to get a degree in sports, hence not all need a specific permit.

How do you know it was a vast area of land that was closed  !  ?  It may have been the immediate area of concern. Well by all accounts it seems highly likely that the area was closed down for some time. So closure would mean official.
DB

August 24, 2019, 02:12:49 PM
Reply #12

Morski

How do you know it was a vast area of land that was closed  !  ?  It may have been the immediate area of concern. Well by all accounts it seems highly likely that the area was closed down for some time. So closure would mean official.

To be honest, I do not know how vast or small was the area, but in both ways it sounds funny, to have it closed. I refer to the area, with regard to WAB''s words. To me the size is not the most important anyway. It is the reason and the facts. Any solid facts, that no one went there for many years after? No. Any document, that the State closed it? No. So how is this legend an official government move?

You English gentleman tend to love the "highly likely" expression.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 02:27:13 PM by Morski »