March 28, 2024, 12:06:21 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Exploring The Yeti Theory  (Read 142687 times)

August 27, 2019, 08:34:45 AM
Reply #210

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I think sliding down the embankment is another scenario that should be considered.  Given the significant flail chest injuries though and the force required to cause them I think the readers should still consider the likelihood of them receiving other injuries to head, limbs, spine etc.  I am asking people to make their own judgments.  Also to look up other reference information on falls, sliding down steep slopes.  I don’t know if any research has been done on that.

Regards

Star man

August 27, 2019, 11:42:21 AM
Reply #211

sarapuk

You have bacteria living in your gut, skin etc.... even in a perfectly sterile environment, they take over in death.  Fact

Wonder whats swimming around in creeks.

There wasnt a Creek at Dyatlov Pass  or any where near, just a little Stream. Yes Bacteria are everywhere. But I dont recall any one specifically stating that they had seen DECOMPOSITION on the Bodies of the Dyatlov Group  !  ? 
DB

August 27, 2019, 11:49:47 AM
Reply #212

sarapuk

Why am I missing the point?

You say, that because Vozrojdeniy did not specifically mentioned animals and/or bacteria, there is no evidence of them being present, hence we need other explanation for the missing body parts of the decomposing for months in the wilderness bodies... Nice, what is your guess then?

I see no contradiction in my words. Ok, you may have rodents in your hotel room, but you can have bacteria everywhere. So it is absurd to eliminate their role in demaging and decomposition of the body, especially in the specific environment of the Pass.

Now, the process of decomposition and the cause of death are two separate things. Obviously, no specific relation was stated. They died because of their traumas, and they decay, because that is what happens when we die. That is probably way too obvious for a coroner, so no need to explain how and why they rot.

Dont get me wrong, but I think you are missing the point, while trying to exclude all reasonable facts, and looking for a sensational cause.

Well Iam definitely not looking for a sensational Cause.  Iam merely trying to look at this in the way a DETECTIVE may look at a potential MURDER CASE. Iam not eliminating Bacteria, Iam merely asking for PROOF as to its possible role in any so called DECOMPOSITION. Bear in mind that some Human bodies are found many years after death in very cold conditions and they are well preserved because of the cold. Bacteria love warm environments.
DB

August 27, 2019, 11:51:49 AM
Reply #213

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
http://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=187.0

The fall scenario makes perfect sense for the pattern of chest wall injuries and scapula. I do not see that pattern as due to multiple blows (but not impossible  of course).

The situation regarding the eyes, perhaps tongue, etc could certainly be postmortem predation.  I would likely give the original pathologist benefit of the doubt on their interpretation.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:57:04 AM by Loose}{Cannon »
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 27, 2019, 11:52:46 AM
Reply #214

sarapuk

Extract from the www:

Hyoid bone, U-shaped bone situated at the root of the tongue in the front of the neck and between the lower jaw and the largest cartilage of the larynx, or voice box. The primary function of the hyoid bone is to serve as an anchoring structure for the tongue.

In Lyuda's autopsy report the "unusual movement of the hyoid bone is mentioned".

Bacterial or rodent damage?

Regards

Star man

My favourite and I have had plenty to say about that particular Bone in other parts of this Forum. There is no proof that Bacteria or Rodents caused that damage.
DB

August 27, 2019, 11:55:10 AM
Reply #215

sarapuk

Extract from the www:

Hyoid bone, U-shaped bone situated at the root of the tongue in the front of the neck and between the lower jaw and the largest cartilage of the larynx, or voice box. The primary function of the hyoid bone is to serve as an anchoring structure for the tongue.

In Lyuda's autopsy report the "unusual movement of the hyoid bone is mentioned".

Regards

Star man

If the entire area is decomposed, is it a wonder it has movement?

In that case why didnt the Report State that the damage was definitely duy to DECOMPOSITION  !  ?  Answer may be simple.  Because the damage wasnt  due to Decomposition.
DB

August 27, 2019, 11:58:15 AM
Reply #216

sarapuk

Just another quick thought on the hyoid bone.  The autopsy report mentions "unusual" movement of the bone.  If it is normal for the bone to loosen due to decomposition why would the autopsy describe it as "usual"

Regards

Star man

Thats right, and by the way you meant Unusual not usual, ie, Why would the Autopsy describe  it as Unusual Movement  !  ? 
DB

August 27, 2019, 11:59:19 AM
Reply #217

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Who the hell said anything about "damage"?

August 27, 2019, 11:59:49 AM
Reply #218

sarapuk

Is it easier to pull a bone out of a living fish, or a 4 month dead rotten fish?

There were not any living  or dead fish at the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
DB

August 27, 2019, 12:00:51 PM
Reply #219

Star man

Extract from the www:

Regards

Star man

My favourite and I have had plenty to say about that particular Bone in other parts of this Forum. There is no proof that Bacteria or Rodents caused that damage.

I suppose a question that we could ask is - are there any other examples for the hyoid bone becoming loose due to decomposition or bacteria etc?

Regards

Star man

August 27, 2019, 12:01:01 PM
Reply #220

sarapuk

Does it take cryptozoology or aliens to do this slippage?

What does this mean  !  ? 
DB

August 27, 2019, 12:01:10 PM
Reply #221

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Just another quick thought on the hyoid bone.  The autopsy report mentions "unusual" movement of the bone.  If it is normal for the bone to loosen due to decomposition why would the autopsy describe it as "usual"

Regards

Star man

Thats right, and by the way you meant Unusual not usual, ie, Why would the Autopsy describe  it as Unusual Movement  !  ?

Prolly because when your alive or recently deceased, its not like that.  The rotted state in of itself created the unusual movement.  This isn't rocket science. 

August 27, 2019, 12:06:02 PM
Reply #222

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Is it REALLY a wonder having the tongue rotten, that the cartilage associated with it had movement?   Seriously......

August 27, 2019, 12:25:59 PM
Reply #223

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Getting to quote myself from another thread....  priceless. 

Also from the autopsy report.      whist1

Damage to the soft tissue of the head and ‘bath skin’ wrinkling to the extremities are the post-mortem changes (rot and decay) of Dubinina’s body, which was underwater before it was found.

Pretty sure the head encompasses everything within said head.   

quiet1

grin1

August 27, 2019, 12:27:16 PM
Reply #224

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
^^^^^^^   literally.....  end of atory  ^^^^^^^^^

August 28, 2019, 12:45:12 PM
Reply #225

sarapuk

Regards

Star man

Prolly because when your alive or recently deceased, its not like that.  The rotted state in of itself created the unusual movement.  This isn't rocket science.

We know its not Rocket Science, thats for sure. But it doesnt make sense to put that Statement in the Autopsy Report if its common knowledge. I mean, the Autopsy person doesnt need to say specifically that such a body part is displaying unusual movement if that is what would normally be expected of that body part. Surely you must agree with what I have said  ! ?
DB

August 28, 2019, 12:47:13 PM
Reply #226

sarapuk

^^^^^^^   literally.....  end of atory  ^^^^^^^^^

Actually its the end of nothing because nothing as been proved.
DB

August 28, 2019, 01:11:23 PM
Reply #227

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Whats been proven is whats in the autopsy.

Damage to the soft tissue of the head and ‘bath skin’ wrinkling to the extremities are the post-mortem changes (rot and decay) of Dubinina’s body, which was underwater before it was found.

August 28, 2019, 10:59:25 PM
Reply #228

Star man

I think with the proper expert advice it should be easy to conclude whether the loose hyoid bone loosening is usual or unusual.  Unfortunately I am not an expert on this, but maybe someone who reads this thread may know more. 

Regards

Star man

August 29, 2019, 12:49:38 AM
Reply #229

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
How accurate was google in its word choosing?

August 29, 2019, 04:08:06 AM
Reply #230

Star man

I suspect that google translate will have its limitations.

Saying that there will be someone out there who has the right expertise who will know whether the movement of the hyoid bone is a normal part of decomposition.

Regards
Star man

August 29, 2019, 12:05:45 PM
Reply #231

sarapuk

Whats been proven is whats in the autopsy.

Not sure what you mean by that.  The Autopsy Report is all that we have regarding the Autopsy, there was no other Examination done as far as I know. And also there appear to be questions about the Autopsy Report being thorough enough. The Autopsy Report alone does not provide the proof needed to establish the exact cause of all the Deaths.
DB

August 29, 2019, 12:09:35 PM
Reply #232

sarapuk

I suspect that google translate will have its limitations.

Saying that there will be someone out there who has the right expertise who will know whether the movement of the hyoid bone is a normal part of decomposition.

Regards
Star man

But surely if the movement of the Hyoid Bone is normal due to Decomposition then why bother to mention this in the Autopsy Report  !  ?   It appears to have been mentioned because its not a normal thing to happen.
DB

August 29, 2019, 12:13:00 PM
Reply #233

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I agree, which is why concluding anything was ripped or cut out when it only states 'missing' is an extreme stretch in my opinion. Especially when the report specifically states.....

There is ample evidence this was caused by decomposition, and we have nothing to suggest it was anything else such as but not limited to ripped ot cut out. 

August 29, 2019, 12:19:42 PM
Reply #234

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
But surely if the movement of the Hyoid Bone is normal due to Decomposition then why bother to mention this in the Autopsy Report  !  ?   It appears to have been mentioned because its not a normal thing to happen.

The decomposition is what makes it "not normal".....   She was found with her head and neck slumped over a boulder. Is it not possible for the weight of her body and the rotten nature of the area to cause movement in cartilage that has movement to begin with?   Again, is it easier to wiggle a bone loose from a thawed dead rotten fish, or a freshly dead and frozen fish?

August 29, 2019, 12:27:09 PM
Reply #235

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Ask yourself this....

Why would it be a Yeti, and not for instance a giant purple penguin?  This theory requires a big non human animal....  Why not a flying Mothman or a shapeshifting Chupacabra?

August 29, 2019, 01:28:44 PM
Reply #236

Star man

I think I would say that there appears to have been something large and powerful with potentially 30cm long hands.  I don't actually know that it was a Yeti or if they exist.  There seems to have been some strange hapenings though.  It definitely wasn't a penguin - no hands.  I don't think it was unicorns farting either. 

Regards

Star man

August 29, 2019, 06:36:01 PM
Reply #237

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

August 29, 2019, 11:44:58 PM
Reply #238

Star man

Where do I currently stand on this?

As I said above I am not claiming that the dpi was caused by a Yeti.  We don’t know if they exist.  However if you laid out all of the current theories in a circle and placed a indicative evidence compass in the middle I would say that to me it seems to be pointing strongly at the possibility of some kind of large powerful ape like creature and slightly towards the military test.  The only known species of ape I think is capable of causing those injury patterns is a Gorilla.  So I still think the compass is pointing towards the military test using some kind of ape as a test subject:

Ape + radiation + cover up =?

But if it wasn’t something like that then it seems to me that we are left with the really bizarre possibilities of a Yeti or some other weird thing.

Regards

Star man

August 31, 2019, 12:41:49 PM
Reply #239

sarapuk

I agree, which is why concluding anything was ripped or cut out when it only states 'missing' is an extreme stretch in my opinion. Especially when the report specifically states.....

There is ample evidence this was caused by decomposition, and we have nothing to suggest it was anything else such as but not limited to ripped ot cut out.

Ample Evidence  !  ?
DB