March 28, 2024, 02:11:09 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Real Ball Lightning theory  (Read 104488 times)

May 11, 2019, 08:13:03 AM
Reply #210

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Time-laps stills of a drone... classic.
and your explanation for the sighting in 1948 is?......

Do I need to 'explain' every UFO sighting in history? 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 11, 2019, 09:58:37 AM
Reply #211

Nigel Evans

Time-laps stills of a drone... classic.
and your explanation for the sighting in 1948 is?......

Do I need to 'explain' every UFO sighting in history?

You could try your drone theory...

May 11, 2019, 12:09:20 PM
Reply #212

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Low ISO and a long shutter speed.......   waste of time mate. 

May 11, 2019, 03:32:42 PM
Reply #213

Nigel Evans

Low ISO and a long shutter speed.......   waste of time mate.
What is?
Do we have a negative of the plane frames?

May 22, 2019, 02:38:01 PM
Reply #215

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
DB

May 22, 2019, 07:58:42 PM
Reply #217

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-37843273/strange-green-light-spotted-over-japan

Its NOT climbing and its NOT ball lightning...   If it were coming straight at you, would you say it was going straight up?    No, its was the angle in which it was traveling in relationship to the the camera.   Its a meteor, and they glow dif colors depending on what elements they are comprised of.

May 23, 2019, 04:00:00 AM
Reply #218

Nigel Evans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-37843273/strange-green-light-spotted-over-japan

Its NOT climbing and its NOT ball lightning...   If it were coming straight at you, would you say it was going straight up?    No, its was the angle in which it was traveling in relationship to the the camera.   Its a meteor, and they glow dif colors depending on what elements they are comprised of.

Meteors commonly leave a trail or have a tail. No sign of that here.

Just a strange green light.... Like a green fire orb....

Read this and weep - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fireballs
"Meteor expert Dr. Lincoln LaPaz headed much of the investigation into the fireballs on behalf of the military. LaPaz's conclusion was that the objects displayed too many anomalous characteristics to be a type of meteor"
Some early reports came from late November 1948,[1] but were at first dismissed as military green flares. Then on the night of December 5, 1948, two separate plane crews, one military (Air Force C-47, Captain Goede, 9:27 p.m., 10 miles (16 km) east of Albuquerque) and one civilian (DC-3, Pioneer Flight 63, 9:35 p.m., east of Las Vegas, New Mexico), each asserted that they had seen a "green ball of fire"; the C-47 crew had seen an identical object 22 minutes before near Las Vegas.[11]  The military crew described the light as like a huge green meteor except it arched upwards and then flat instead of downwards[11] The civilian crew described the light as having a trajectory too low and flat for a meteor, at first abreast and ahead of them but then appearing to come straight at them on a collision course, forcing the pilot to swerve the plane at which time the object appeared full moon size.[12]

lol2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:16:47 AM by Nigel Evans »

May 23, 2019, 07:17:10 AM
Reply #219

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
And you call yourself a physicist.   

Ever pitched a mean curveball, or do they not have baseball in the UK?

Im guessing your NOT able to tell us what direction the object was spinning when it entered the atmosphere, or how fast of a rate the spin was.   

And no....  they don't always leave a trail. 

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:21:42 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

May 23, 2019, 07:49:16 AM
Reply #220

Nigel Evans

And you call yourself a physicist.   

Ever pitched a mean curveball, or do they not have baseball in the UK?

Im guessing your NOT able to tell us what direction the object was spinning when it entered the atmosphere, or how fast of a rate the spin was.   

And no....  they don't always leave a trail. 

Great video but i don't see any green fireballs?  dance1

More seriously a (big) problem for the meteor theory is the frequency of sightings in a relatively small part of the globe. That's not how meteors operate...

May 23, 2019, 08:26:31 AM
Reply #221

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You mean frequency in which they are reported by people that don't understand them vs people that know better and simply don't make a big deal out of it. 

May 23, 2019, 08:55:05 AM
Reply #222

Nigel Evans

You mean frequency in which they are reported by people that don't understand them vs people that know better and simply don't make a big deal out of it.
Read the link before you make wild stabs in the dark.

May 23, 2019, 10:15:10 AM
Reply #223

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
What is this 'read' thing you speak of?

See my last post. 

May 23, 2019, 10:36:29 AM
Reply #224

Nigel Evans

What is this 'read' thing you speak of?

See my last post.

read - verb - look at and comprehend the meaning of (written or printed matter) by interpreting the characters or symbols of which it is composed.
Read this link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fireballs

May 23, 2019, 11:57:18 AM
Reply #225

Nigel Evans

Very interesting that the New Mexico sightings attracted an electrostatic explanation. Which fits with some theories for the DP orbs.

May 24, 2019, 11:55:56 AM
Reply #226

sarapuk

But this doesnt prove anything  !  ?
No and your point is?

That is My point. It does not prove anything and that also means it doesnt prove anything for the Dyatlov Mystery as well.
DB

May 24, 2019, 02:24:55 PM
Reply #227

Nigel Evans

But this doesnt prove anything  !  ?
No and your point is?

That is My point. It does not prove anything and that also means it doesnt prove anything for the Dyatlov Mystery as well.

You're back on this "proving" thing again. We can't prove what happened that night.

May 25, 2019, 01:02:40 PM
Reply #228

sarapuk

Just keeping this thread up to date with the relevant conversations happening on other threads.
So it would seem that there is a (very?) strong case for the NO2 theory. I've posted several links of objects or even no object at all! that are producing a plume of either black or orange "smoke" . Google image "ufo plume" or "ghost rocket" for these and more.
NO2 of course changes colour depending on temperature, getting darker as it gets hotter, more orange and more yellow as it cools down to it's boiling point of 21C - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_dioxide
On contact with moisture NO2 slowly converts to nitric acid and this means that NO2 is poisonous for any creature that breathes air, the lungs slowly lose function as the conversion takes place. N.B in humans this happens slowly in some cases taking two days depending on the degree of exposure. Google "silo fillers disease". On contact with skin the nitric acid reacts with the keratin in the skin to turn it yellow and orange.

So the theory is that during a period of record geomagnetic storms (1958/1959) combined with ionisation from a powerful snow storm from the west, the western ridge of Kholat Syakhl demonstrated visual electro magnetic phenomena that attracted the DP group to camp nearby behind the north eastern ridge and this phenomena was photographed by Semyon, in particular the Plane 2 photo captures a large object illuminating the snow storm below it and the small section of the snow covered hill. The theory is then that they had sadly camped downwind of this area which began producing a plume of acrid NO2 which explains the sudden decision to leave the tent but stand some distance away before descending the hill to the forest lightly dressed unable to return to the tent.
And of course the above theory fits very well with the Chivruay incident. A difficult to understand decision to break camp, half of the group fell ill and found lying in a row on top of the tent 10 metres from the edge of the precipice! Clearly unable to move to a safer location? Simultaneously fell ill? And of course yellow skin. It's a strong fit for the above theory.
And then there's the photograph :-

There seems to be some very black smoke in that picture that imo isn't a dense snow cloud....
Just saying....

Not a very convincing theory. And the black smoke is most likely to be due to some type of photographic error, be it film or camera etc.
DB

May 25, 2019, 01:19:14 PM
Reply #229

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You would think the people in the photo would at least be looking at it, and the camera operator would have made it the subject rather then the people.  I call bs

May 25, 2019, 03:01:31 PM
Reply #230

Nigel Evans

Just keeping this thread up to date with the relevant conversations happening on other threads.
So it would seem that there is a (very?) strong case for the NO2 theory. I've posted several links of objects or even no object at all! that are producing a plume of either black or orange "smoke" . Google image "ufo plume" or "ghost rocket" for these and more.
NO2 of course changes colour depending on temperature, getting darker as it gets hotter, more orange and more yellow as it cools down to it's boiling point of 21C - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_dioxide
On contact with moisture NO2 slowly converts to nitric acid and this means that NO2 is poisonous for any creature that breathes air, the lungs slowly lose function as the conversion takes place. N.B in humans this happens slowly in some cases taking two days depending on the degree of exposure. Google "silo fillers disease". On contact with skin the nitric acid reacts with the keratin in the skin to turn it yellow and orange.

So the theory is that during a period of record geomagnetic storms (1958/1959) combined with ionisation from a powerful snow storm from the west, the western ridge of Kholat Syakhl demonstrated visual electro magnetic phenomena that attracted the DP group to camp nearby behind the north eastern ridge and this phenomena was photographed by Semyon, in particular the Plane 2 photo captures a large object illuminating the snow storm below it and the small section of the snow covered hill. The theory is then that they had sadly camped downwind of this area which began producing a plume of acrid NO2 which explains the sudden decision to leave the tent but stand some distance away before descending the hill to the forest lightly dressed unable to return to the tent.
And of course the above theory fits very well with the Chivruay incident. A difficult to understand decision to break camp, half of the group fell ill and found lying in a row on top of the tent 10 metres from the edge of the precipice! Clearly unable to move to a safer location? Simultaneously fell ill? And of course yellow skin. It's a strong fit for the above theory.

There seems to be some very black smoke in that picture that imo isn't a dense snow cloud....
Just saying....

Not a very convincing theory. And the black smoke is most likely to be due to some type of photographic error, be it film or camera etc.
All the people in that photo would be dead in say the next six hours. Five of them just lying down using a tent as a ground sheet and never getting up. All fit youngsters.

Something did it.

May 28, 2019, 12:30:43 PM
Reply #231

sarapuk

Just saying....

All the people in that photo would be dead in say the next six hours. Five of them just lying down using a tent as a ground sheet and never getting up. All fit youngsters.

Something did it.

You say that all the people in that photo would be dead in say the next 6 hours  !  ? Any proof of that, i e, exact time please  !  ? 
And you also say that  5 of them just lying down and never getting up ! ? Can you be certain of this precise detail you give us ! ?
DB

May 28, 2019, 12:47:55 PM
Reply #232

Nigel Evans

You say that all the people in that photo would be dead in say the next 6 hours  !  ? Any proof of that, i e, exact time please  !  ? 

And you also say that  5 of them just lying down and never getting up ! ? Can you be certain of this precise detail you give us ! ?
All in my opinion.

May 29, 2019, 10:56:57 AM
Reply #233

sarapuk

All in my opinion.

Fair enough.  Its just that sometimes you make STATEMENTS as if those STATEMENTS were the FACTS and also TRUE, when all they are are your OPINIONS.
DB

July 05, 2019, 12:13:21 PM
Reply #234

Nigel Evans

July 20, 2019, 02:44:12 PM
Reply #235

soeintyphalt

I personally was always interested to the witnesses that reported lights on the mountains.

This fact is more or less very well known and some people take this reports to assume some military rocket testing or even
intercontinental rocket fly by.

On youtube i found this movie about hessdalen in norway.

The hessdalen lights could be an explanation for the reason why the dyatlov group was scared and cut the tent from the inside.
Maybe the damaged photos shows lights indeed.

July 21, 2019, 07:44:33 PM
Reply #236

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The "cut from inside of tent in a panic" narrative is highly suspect at best. 

July 28, 2019, 05:52:40 AM
Reply #237

Nigel Evans

The "cut from inside of tent in a panic" narrative is highly suspect at best.
I don't understand?

November 16, 2019, 06:11:23 AM
Reply #238

Nigel Evans

The Dechmont Woods Incident - http://www.mapit.kk5.org/the-livingston-ufo/4535820811
An interesting case due to a thorough investigation by the police.
The "ladder tracks" were estimated by the police to have been made by an object weighing several tons and there was no sign of it traveling to the location over the ground. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50262655
N.B. one (my) theory for the rav4 deaths is they were crushed under the snow by a tracked vehicle.

Some other parallels with the DPI, both have :-
  • torn clothing.
  • indications of burning - n.b. hydrogen sulphide can result in pulmonary edema (Yuri D's foam on cheek).
  • scratches including the face.
Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_incident seems to dismiss the event as an epileptic attack etc but has no explanation for the marks in the ground as recorded by the police.
Currently my favourite theory for the DPI is that the location was attacked by Soviet missiles and cleaned up afterwards, but this introduces another question - "what were they firing at?".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:19:08 AM by Nigel Evans »

November 16, 2019, 06:09:27 PM
Reply #239

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I don't know of any vehicle in 1959 yet alone today that could traverse that terrain in those conditions.    dunno1

Besides...  you would hear it coming a mile a way.   I used to sleep in a defensive position with M1 Abrams maneuvering all around me.... ask me how I know.