March 28, 2024, 12:19:39 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: What happened on/to this mountain next to Otorten????  (Read 15263 times)

February 07, 2019, 07:28:23 AM
Read 15263 times

Dominov

The May search party took this pictures. They are ultra strange. There is a slope next to Otorten which has no snow and is hot? WTF? And we can see it. Have a look!

This is not an artefact. There should be snow... Next image shows you a zoom.

All four guys wondering what that is....

And then this guy warming his hands one meter above ground.... Even in May it's still cold up there... P.S. It a slope next to Otorten, not Otorten itself.

What could have happened there? And how did people who entered this area die?

Any ideas what happened there?

Regards

Dominov

February 07, 2019, 07:44:04 AM
Reply #1

Nigel Evans

First picture is a snow slide, you can see the banked up snow/debris field at the bottom.

Last picture is imo a joke like this -

Middle picture is more interesting but it depends on where the slope is exactly
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:00:00 AM by Nigel Evans »

February 07, 2019, 09:15:59 AM
Reply #2

Dominov

You are right about the first picture, Nigel. It's the only slope where snow slides are possible there, namely on this really nice crater inside Mt. Otorten. Very untypical for the Northern Ural. I have to look into this. Naked rocks on a steep round slope.... with concentrical structures at the bottom, hmmmm.

You are also right about the third picture. It could be ambigous, though. The mountain in the background is not Otorten. And the guy wasn't standing on Otorten neither. I think it's interesting that they took their time to joke while searching for dead people. These were official pictures, weren't they? But what if this wasn't a joke and the mountain in the background just happened to align with his hands?

The second picture is indeed interesting. What they saw there seemed to fascinate the four search party members and the photographer. But unfortunately I can't tell where this picture was taken.

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

regards

Dominov

February 07, 2019, 09:40:42 AM
Reply #3

Dominov

Addenum:

1. Otorten crater, you can see that the snow broke away on the slope with the naked rocks. These slopes are geologically unusual for this region. I mean exceptional.

2. Naked slope shown in picture 2 above. It's located 2.5 km south of Otorten. Strange that there was no snow on it...

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:55:41 AM by Dominov »

February 07, 2019, 11:08:50 AM
Reply #4

Dominov

Addenum 2:

The guy warming his hands stood on the naked slope, that by the way is an extension of Mt. Otorten. I could locate his position using GE. So is it really a joke?

February 07, 2019, 04:47:50 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
The May search party took this pictures. They are ultra strange. There is a slope next to Otorten which has no snow and is hot? WTF? And we can see it. Have a look!

This is not an artefact. There should be snow... Next image shows you a zoom.

All four guys wondering what that is....

And then this guy warming his hands one meter above ground.... Even in May it's still cold up there... P.S. It a slope next to Otorten, not Otorten itself.

What could have happened there? And how did people who entered this area die?

Any ideas what happened there?

Regards

Dominov

Nothing strange about those photos. Shadow in the first one. And that guy is not warming his hands.
DB

February 08, 2019, 03:49:32 AM
Reply #6

Nigel Evans

Addenum:

1. Otorten crater, you can see that the snow broke away on the slope with the naked rocks. These slopes are geologically unusual for this region. I mean exceptional.

2. Naked slope shown in picture 2 above. It's located 2.5 km south of Otorten. Strange that there was no snow on it...

Trying to amuse herself by reading, Zina focused on learning more about the Mansi, the indigenous people that live in the Urals region. She found out that their language, Mansi, is an Ugrian language of the Uralic family. She also discovered that the name of the peak Otorten was Woot-Taaratane-Syachl, which means ‘a mountain producing wind’, or more simply and neatly ‘a windy mountain.’ But other researchers said this name was associated by mistake with Peak 880. The Mansi name for Peak 1079 was Lunt-Choosup-Syachl, meaning ‘Mount Goose Nest’. There was a Mansi legend that, after the global flood, one goose survived on the peak of this mountain. What Zina tried to understand, reading the book of a native Mansi linguist, Tatiana Slinkina, was whether Otorten really meant ‘Don’t go there’, as many believed. She could not find any confirmation. There was no proof of a second legend that nine Mansi people once disappeared there. This was good to know for a member of an expedition also numbering nine. But Slinkina added some unsettling information nevertheless: ‘The Mansi always try to avoid Woot-Taaratane-Syachl and Lunt-Choosup- Syachl, especially the “gates” between them. They have considered them sacred and dangerous since ancient times.’

Oss, Svetlana. Don't Go There: Post Mortem (pp. 27-28). LiberWriter.com. Kindle Edition.

February 08, 2019, 03:59:39 AM
Reply #7

Dominov

Quote from: Sarapuk
Nothing strange about those photos. Shadow in the first one. And that guy is not warming his hands.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ;)

No, i don't think the first one is a shadow (square shadow from inexisting cloud?).... and it isn't a snow slide / avalanche neither. No artefact neither. It fits in too seamlessly. The photographer wanted to show us Mt Ortoten AND this thing there. I could locate it. It's not in the Mt Otorten crater. (Position of photographer: peak of Kholat Siakhl)

Avalanches do not leave naked rock behind! There is always still a layer of snow. Apparently there is nothing left but rock, naked rock. Something is fishy.

regards

Dominov

February 08, 2019, 04:25:47 AM
Reply #8

Dominov

Quote from: Nigel Evans
Trying to amuse herself by reading, Zina focused on learning more about the Mansi, the indigenous people that live in the Urals region. She found out that their language, Mansi, is an Ugrian language of the Uralic family. She also discovered that the name of the peak Otorten was Woot-Taaratane-Syachl, which means ‘a mountain producing wind’, or more simply and neatly ‘a windy mountain.’ But other researchers said this name was associated by mistake with Peak 880. The Mansi name for Peak 1079 was Lunt-Choosup-Syachl, meaning ‘Mount Goose Nest’. There was a Mansi legend that, after the global flood, one goose survived on the peak of this mountain. What Zina tried to understand, reading the book of a native Mansi linguist, Tatiana Slinkina, was whether Otorten really meant ‘Don’t go there’, as many believed. She could not find any confirmation. There was no proof of a second legend that nine Mansi people once disappeared there. This was good to know for a member of an expedition also numbering nine. But Slinkina added some unsettling information nevertheless: ‘The Mansi always try to avoid Woot-Taaratane-Syachl and Lunt-Choosup- Syachl, especially the “gates” between them. They have considered them sacred and dangerous since ancient times.’

Oss, Svetlana. Don't Go There: Post Mortem (pp. 27-28). LiberWriter.com. Kindle Edition.

I think that the nine Mansi were killed by a metorite impact 200 years ago. This metorite created this unusual and beautiful crater at the foot of Mt Otorten. I strongly doubt that this crater is the result of natural erosion. It's too perfect and too young. Everything in this region is smoothed and rounded by wind and weather. This crater isn't.

Speaking of sacred places: In February 1959 another group of hikers camped on a hill 75 Km further South. Unlike the Dead Mountain this was a «super sacred» Mansi Mountain. But the group returned and they all lived happily even after.

But, yes, there is something special about these mountains. I intend to find out what.

regards

Dominov

February 08, 2019, 04:27:42 AM
Reply #9

sarapuk

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ;)

No, i don't think the first one is a shadow (square shadow from inexisting cloud?).... and it isn't a snow slide / avalanche neither. No artefact neither. It fits in too seamlessly. The photographer wanted to show us Mt Ortoten AND this thing there. I could locate it. It's not in the Mt Otorten crater. (Position of photographer: peak of Kholat Siakhl)

Avalanches do not leave naked rock behind! There is always still a layer of snow. Apparently there is nothing left but rock, naked rock. Something is fishy.

regards

Dominov

Be wary of old photos and even modern ones. All sorts of tricks can be played by a camera lens etc. Or should I say on a camera lens, ever got your finger near a camera lens and seen the result on a photo. Ever taken photos in snowy conditions and seen the results etc etc.
DB

February 08, 2019, 04:30:47 AM
Reply #10

sarapuk

I think that the nine Mansi were killed by a metorite impact 200 years ago. This metorite created this unusual and beautiful crater at the foot of Mt Otorten. I strongly doubt that this crater is the result of natural erosion. It's too perfect and too young. Everything in this region is smoothed and rounded by wind and weather. This crater isn't.

Speaking of sacred places: In February 1959 another group of hikers camped on a hill 75 Km further South. Unlike the Dead Mountain this was a «super sacred» Mansi Mountain. But the group returned and they all lived happily even after.

But, yes, there is something special about these mountains. I intend to find out what.

regards

Dominov

We are struggling to find out what happened to the Dyatlov Group 60 years ago and you think a Meteorite killed those 9 Mansi  !  ?  Well that would need some proving for sure.
DB

February 08, 2019, 05:09:44 AM
Reply #11

Dominov

We are struggling to find out what happened to the Dyatlov Group 60 years ago and you think a Meteorite killed those 9 Mansi  !  ?  Well that would need some proving for sure.

Well, maybe all events are connected like the underground of the Ural mountains.... I can't prove it, but as far as I know the Russian government sends in a research team which also consists of geologists. For them it would be a piece of cake to prove or disprove that a meteorite impact took place at the foot of Mt Otorten. But I guess they will have more important things to do like proving the avalanche theory. No, I can't prove anything from behind my computer. But I can observe, think and reason.

Picture #1 looks flawless to me.

regards

Dominov

February 08, 2019, 05:43:58 AM
Reply #12

Nigel Evans

Trying to amuse herself by reading, Zina focused on learning more about the Mansi, the indigenous people that live in the Urals region. She found out that their language, Mansi, is an Ugrian language of the Uralic family. She also discovered that the name of the peak Otorten was Woot-Taaratane-Syachl, which means ‘a mountain producing wind’, or more simply and neatly ‘a windy mountain.’ But other researchers said this name was associated by mistake with Peak 880. The Mansi name for Peak 1079 was Lunt-Choosup-Syachl, meaning ‘Mount Goose Nest’. There was a Mansi legend that, after the global flood, one goose survived on

regards

Dominov
Wrt the 9 Mansi legend, i like the "boiled alive" component. (Imo) it fits with the Brazil human mutilation case and the microwave energy theory for it. I think all of this is some natural electro magnetic energy produced by processes that our science doesn't yet recognise or even cannot yet recognise.

regards

Dominov

February 08, 2019, 06:22:29 AM
Reply #13

Dominov

Wrt the 9 Mansi legend, i like the "boiled alive" component. (Imo) it fits with the Brazil human mutilation case and the microwave energy theory for it. I think all of this is some natural electro magnetic energy produced by processes that our science doesn't yet recognise or even cannot yet recognise.

Have you heard of the Hessdalen Lights? This Norwegian phenomenon is real, no chimera, no hoax. It was filmed on camera and can't be explained down to the present day. Balls of plasma lights flying through the air... Strange stuff.

There are some similarities with the Northern Ural region:
Hessdalen latitude: 62
Otorten latitude: 61.5
Both are mountainous regions..

I don't suggest anything ;)

regards

Dominov

February 08, 2019, 06:28:06 AM
Reply #14

Nigel Evans

Have you heard of the Hessdalen Lights? This Norwegian phenomenon is real, no chimera, no hoax. It was filmed on camera and can't be explained down to the present day. Balls of plasma lights flying through the air... Strange stuff.

regards

Dominov
Yes i've made the same connection before. The best theory imo is that of a microwave soliton from reflections between the ground and the clouds (Hassdalen is very rich in iron ore). Very similar lights have been photographed at the DP by an expedition a few years ago. I'll see if i can find the links.

February 08, 2019, 06:37:53 AM
Reply #15

Dominov

Yes i've made the same connection before. The best theory imo is that of a microwave soliton from reflections between the ground and the clouds (Hassdalen is very rich in iron ore). Very similar lights have been photographed at the DP by an expedition a few years ago. I'll see if i can find the links.

That's interesting. I hope you find the links. Thanks.

For the others who are not familiar with the Hessdalen Lights:

Dominov

February 08, 2019, 06:57:37 AM
Reply #16

Nigel Evans

Dominov
Got it - http://www.viafanzine.jor.br/site_vf/pag/5/dyatlov_part04.htm
Drop that link into google translate. The photos of the lights are nearly at the bottom. N.B. that's part 4 so there are 3 other long.... pages to read as well :)
Enjoy.

February 08, 2019, 11:10:11 AM
Reply #17

sarapuk

Well, maybe all events are connected like the underground of the Ural mountains.... I can't prove it, but as far as I know the Russian government sends in a research team which also consists of geologists. For them it would be a piece of cake to prove or disprove that a meteorite impact took place at the foot of Mt Otorten. But I guess they will have more important things to do like proving the avalanche theory. No, I can't prove anything from behind my computer. But I can observe, think and reason.

Picture #1 looks flawless to me.

regards

Dominov

Well yes and it might be a meteorite that struck hundreds of years ago.
DB

February 08, 2019, 11:32:36 AM
Reply #18

sarapuk

Dominov

Interesting Post and informative.  Typical of many UFO sightings around the World over many decades and probably centuries.  These kind of reports almost seem to be shouting at us that what we are seeing is not Man made and not even related to lightning in its various forms. Lightning doesnt take on a solid looking form, like a DISC or CYLINDER etc etc, or flash regularly or emit colours like this phenomenon.
DB

February 08, 2019, 11:36:08 AM
Reply #19

sarapuk

regards

Dominov

Explain exactly what your definition of BALLS OF PLASMA LIGHTS is  !  ?
DB

February 08, 2019, 11:52:57 AM
Reply #20

sarapuk

regards

Dominov

Lots of places around the World are rich in Iron Ore but nothing unusual happens there. Why does it have to be a Microwave Soliton and not something more mundane  !  ?
DB

February 08, 2019, 12:53:07 PM
Reply #21

Star man

Some interesting discussion.

What if the DPI was caused by a meteorite?  An air burst?  That would have all the ingredients similar to my low yield nuclear weapon with the advantage that it does not require a nuclear weapon?

February 08, 2019, 03:03:31 PM
Reply #22

sarapuk

What if the DPI was caused by a meteorite?  An air burst?  That would have all the ingredients similar to my low yield nuclear weapon with the advantage that it does not require a nuclear weapon?

We know the original investigation wasnt great ie Search Teams wondering around all over the place because it wasnt considered a Crime Scene to begin with.  And then there was the decision that made it a Crime Scene but within no time whatsoever the Case was CLOSED.  One thing that doesnt appear is REPORTS of damage or DEBRIS as a result of say a METEORITE or NUCLEAR EXPLOSION etc etc. No members of the Search Teams, and there were many, reported any thing of the like. And if the Dyatlov Pass Incident had have been caused by such like then there would almost certainly be evidence of that nature. So NO METEORITE was involved.
DB

February 08, 2019, 04:22:49 PM
Reply #23

Star man

We know the original investigation wasnt great ie Search Teams wondering around all over the place because it wasnt considered a Crime Scene to begin with.  And then there was the decision that made it a Crime Scene but within no time whatsoever the Case was CLOSED.  One thing that doesnt appear is REPORTS of damage or DEBRIS as a result of say a METEORITE or NUCLEAR EXPLOSION etc etc. No members of the Search Teams, and there were many, reported any thing of the like. And if the Dyatlov Pass Incident had have been caused by such like then there would almost certainly be evidence of that nature. So NO METEORITE was involved.

There was a recent meteor strike in cheboninsk Russia ( probably spelled this completely wrong lol) it exploded in the air and dameged buildings on the ground, but there was no evidence of where the remaining chunk of meteor hit the ground.  They eventually found a small hole in a lake.  The meteorite left very little evidence.  If it hadn't happened in a populated area it would have been very difficult to know it had happened.  On the other hand an air burst lower and bigger could flatten hectares of trees.  So it depends on the size, type, and consistency of the meteor.  By the way a meteor explosion could also generate a cloud of toxic NO2.

February 08, 2019, 04:44:52 PM
Reply #24

sarapuk

There was a recent meteor strike in cheboninsk Russia ( probably spelled this completely wrong lol) it exploded in the air and dameged buildings on the ground, but there was no evidence of where the remaining chunk of meteor hit the ground.  They eventually found a small hole in a lake.  The meteorite left very little evidence.  If it hadn't happened in a populated area it would have been very difficult to know it had happened.  On the other hand an air burst lower and bigger could flatten hectares of trees.  So it depends on the size, type, and consistency of the meteor.  By the way a meteor explosion could also generate a cloud of toxic NO2.

But if it happened the way that you suggest there would be evidence of that event, and there isnt.
DB

February 09, 2019, 02:34:12 AM
Reply #25

Star man

But if it happened the way that you suggest there would be evidence of that event, and there isnt.

No.  That's what I'm saying.  There wouldn't necessarily be any evidence,

February 09, 2019, 06:31:24 AM
Reply #26

Dominov

Such a meteorite causes serveral sonic booms, blasts, shockwaves. It destroys buildings, windows and so on. And it leaves a trail of smoke (OMG, maybe NO2) behind. Pretty impressive.... It explodes in the air without creating an impact crater. Also see Tunguska Meteorite.

Have a look (Tscheljabinsk Meteorite):

February 09, 2019, 06:57:43 AM
Reply #27

Nigel Evans

And it leaves a trail of smoke (OMG, maybe NO2)
The NO2 theory requires a microwave plasma or rocket fuel as the source.

February 09, 2019, 07:58:34 AM
Reply #28

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Exactly how many people have been killed by the Hessdalen Lights?
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

February 09, 2019, 08:19:56 AM
Reply #29

Dominov

Exactly how many people have been killed by the Hessdalen Lights?

Who said that Hessdalen lights killed people? I didn't. But could they? Or asked differently, could the unknown cause of such lights kill people?

Who knows.

dunno1