Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Camp Fire vs. Severe Cold

(1/6) > >>

JohnnyNumber6:
Hello this is my first post here.  I have several questions for which I can't find answers on the internet, so hopefully someone here will be nice enough to help me.  I live in a warm area where it snows 1 time a year, so obviously I know very little about surviving in cold temperatures.  I read somewhere that it was so cold that the campfire wasn't enough to save Krivonischenko and Doroshenko.  Around what temp does a camp fire become useless against the cold for someone lightly dressed?  I'm sure their body temperature was greatly impacted by the long walk down the slope and the time it took to build the fire.  So I'm asking to ignore the impact of the long walk.  Simply if you magically dropped a person next to camp fire at what temperature are they doomed?

tekumze:
Hi JohnnyNumger6,
Good question. The answer is: you can not freeze near the fire. This is also one of the big puzzles for me. They managed to burn camp fire. And then nine people can not keep the fire (in the forest) and everyone froze. Did wind start to blow when the fire started to burn and it all went out or something? I have no answer ... dunno1

sarapuk:
Its just one of the puzzles. There was a fire and we presume it was made by members of the Dyatlov Group. So why didnt they manage to keep the fire going  !  ?  Probably for the same reason that they found themselves at the Forest and the Cedar Tree, they were escaping from something.

Star man:
Wow.  What a good question.  And more amazingly I have just started looking into the same issue.  Spooky!

I agree that they probably should not have died.  Especially if the fire was still hot enough to burn Yuris Ks leg to crisp. 

There is something very strange about the scene at the cedar, and maybe it holds a key clue to what happened that night.

Regards

Star man

Nigel Evans:
All the indications are that it wasn't that cold. Six people in just socks and no frostbitten toes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version