March 28, 2024, 01:29:11 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Why the group split  (Read 15740 times)

August 14, 2018, 05:54:35 PM
Read 15740 times

Blkdahlia

Okay okay I’m new here and have been blowing this forum up all day. I had a hard time with membership approval but finally got approved. It took a while so I’m having an outpouring of questions and comments on the forum and I am sure to calm down soon. Lol
But I’d like to start the topic of why the group split.
Doroshenko and Krivonischenko found right next to each other. With Dyatlov, Slobodin, and Zina close by.

Up at the ravine, Dubinina, Zolotaryov, Kolevatov, and Thebeaux.

What are some possible explanations you can come up with?
It would appear the group close to the cedar had started a fire.
Kolevatov and Slobodin both were found with matches on them. Both groups had the potential to start a fire.
Why is one group digging a den and the other group by the fire?
I can’t come up with a good explanation for why the group split.

Okay. I’m gonna be quiet for a little bit now! I think.

August 14, 2018, 06:17:57 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Without more evidence its going to be impossible to say why the bodies were found were they were found.
DB

August 15, 2018, 05:54:49 PM
Reply #2

Blkdahlia

Studying various maps, it’s hard to tell where everything was.
There are different maps by different individuals.
I read somewhere that the footprints of the group separated at one point.
Looking at one of the maps, it looks like they were all pretty close to one another.
The more I learn, the less I understand.

August 17, 2018, 03:10:31 PM
Reply #3

sarapuk

You probably are also aware of the story of the very large footprints that were found, footprints that were unlikely to be human, unless someone had a very large foot.
DB

August 18, 2018, 06:09:09 AM
Reply #4

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You probably are also aware of the story of the very large footprints that were found, footprints that were unlikely to be human, unless someone had a very large foot.

Where is this evidence?
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 18, 2018, 01:38:30 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

MISSING, along with lots more evidence.
DB

August 19, 2018, 11:51:05 AM
Reply #6

DH106

MISSING, along with lots more evidence.

But, as the saying goes - absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

August 19, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
Reply #7

sarapuk

It will be impossible to solve this case unless there is more evidence, and that means we need the MISSING evidence.
DB

August 20, 2018, 05:18:12 AM
Reply #8

DH106

It will be impossible to solve this case unless there is more evidence, and that means we need the MISSING evidence.

Agreed - but WHAT missing evidence? Do you have knowledge of any evidence that is missing?

August 20, 2018, 04:07:50 PM
Reply #9

sarapuk

Well first of all there is the MISSING TENT. Then there is the matter of the missing CAMERAS. Then and very important is the matter of the missing FILM. And maybe other MISSING objects or INFORMATION.
DB

August 25, 2018, 10:28:56 AM
Reply #10

CalzagheChick

No, I've never heard or seen any suggestion of a set of footprints not belonging to the individuals on the mountain. Actually I've read that the sets of footprints number 8 or 9. Obviously 9 would account for all members of the party, 8 would account for all members minus one that could not stand/walk. NEVER have I ever come across documentation suggesting a 9th or 10th set of larger than human footprints.

August 25, 2018, 06:28:24 PM
Reply #11

sarapuk

So what about the documentary film from 2014, by The Discovery Channel, in which one of the Worlds greatest adventures and explorers investigates the Dyatlov Case. In the documentary 2 of the searchers who found the Tent also report finding STRANGE FOOTPRINTS, that were never recorded as part of the case.
DB

August 25, 2018, 09:07:57 PM
Reply #12

beanie07

Most theories say the group of 3 (dyatlov) and the group of 4 (solitary og) split up at the cedar tree..

What about the possibility of the remaining 7 moving to the den together (after the cedar 2 died) .. experienced a 2nd misfortune together.. but the group of 3 managed to escape and thus felt it necessary to head back to the tent for their equipment? 

August 27, 2018, 04:48:05 PM
Reply #13

CalzagheChick

So what about the documentary film from 2014, by The Discovery Channel, in which one of the Worlds greatest adventures and explorers investigates the Dyatlov Case. In the documentary 2 of the searchers who found the Tent also report finding STRANGE FOOTPRINTS, that were never recorded as part of the case.

You are kidding right?

The 2014 MOCKumentary by the Discovery Channel was just that: a MOCKumentary. It went hand in hand with their Mermaids: The Body Found and Mermaids: The New Evidence Mockumentary series.... It was intended to stretch the truth with added embellishment for ratings--something that American television depends on. The fact that people were using those mockumentaries as the true evidence put Americans in a really bad light to true Dyatlov Pass sleuths.

August 28, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
Reply #14

sarapuk

the documentary was dramatised but i wouldnt say it was mocking, it contained interesting information.

DB

August 29, 2018, 02:07:07 AM
Reply #15

Morski

I like watching those "documentaries", but always with a grain of salt. The vast amount of such documentaries are ment just for entertainment, so they emphasize on "mystical" or "not from this world" inexplicable elements. Or they force interpretations to fit in a convinient way. The information is interesting, there is no other way, but that doesnt make it part of the real facts. The only real contribution of such documentaries I see, is that they can sparkle the interest in people, who were not aware before.
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

August 29, 2018, 05:32:57 PM
Reply #16

sarapuk

Most movies dramatise, its what you might call entertainment value. But there can be lots of facts as well. In that documentary there were facts. Note the interview with  2 of the original searchers.
DB

September 01, 2018, 03:31:44 PM
Reply #17

cz

Most theories say the group of 3 (dyatlov) and the group of 4 (solitary og) split up at the cedar tree..

What about the possibility of the remaining 7 moving to the den together (after the cedar 2 died) .. experienced a 2nd misfortune together.. but the group of 3 managed to escape and thus felt it necessary to head back to the tent for their equipment?

I find this thought quite interesting. It would also imply that they never really split. All maps I saw suggest a distance of about 70 m between the cedar and the alleged den. Depending on conditions, one can shout across that distance.

On your hypothesis, the three on the way to the tent would have been the last to succumb to the elements. What does not fit though is that the den was made for four and not for seven. That is, when we can believe the "reconstruction" of the search team.

September 02, 2018, 05:52:32 PM
Reply #18

sarapuk

We dont know if it was a den. Also in the time that they were all alive we dont their exact movements. As any one walked in snowy conditions in freezing temperature on an hillside for a mile wearing the correct gear  ?  I have and its slow progress. By all accounts they left the tent in a hurry, and it was dark.
DB

September 12, 2018, 04:44:32 PM
Reply #19

CalzagheChick

Loose Cannon challenges that the den really existed although I have yet to read his fascinating reason why... I hope he plans to make another post for his argument like he did with discrediting the tent.

August 12, 2020, 03:43:26 PM
Reply #20

Squatch

I find this thought quite interesting. It would also imply that they never really split. All maps I saw suggest a distance of about 70 m between the cedar and the alleged den. Depending on conditions, one can shout across that distance.

On your hypothesis, the three on the way to the tent would have been the last to succumb to the elements. What does not fit though is that the den was made for four and not for seven. That is, when we can believe the "reconstruction" of the search team.
Maybe they only had enough material for four, and the other three just huddled in anywhere they could.

Some kind of ravine avalanche at this point catching up with four of them as they tried to flee would explain the serious injuries and the body positions that suggest they were "rolled" with force. Rustem Slobodin's fractured and bruised head could mean he barely escaped.  Slobodin, Igor Dyatlov and Zinaida Kolmogorova would then have little choice but to try their luck back at the tent area.

August 14, 2020, 10:11:09 AM
Reply #21

sarapuk

Maybe they only had enough material for four, and the other three just huddled in anywhere they could.

Some kind of ravine avalanche at this point catching up with four of them as they tried to flee would explain the serious injuries and the body positions that suggest they were "rolled" with force. Rustem Slobodin's fractured and bruised head could mean he barely escaped.  Slobodin, Igor Dyatlov and Zinaida Kolmogorova would then have little choice but to try their luck back at the tent area.

Its highly unlikely that any kind of Avalanche happened at the Ravine. Some of the Injuries were very unusual and not consistent with Avalanche Injuries.
DB

August 14, 2020, 12:24:04 PM
Reply #22

Squatch

Its highly unlikely that any kind of Avalanche happened at the Ravine. Some of the Injuries were very unusual and not consistent with Avalanche Injuries.

And they were found under 3.5 meters of snow because... ?

August 14, 2020, 01:05:36 PM
Reply #23

Nigel Evans

There could been a second den that wasn't discovered.

A slab slide could explain the rav4 injury profile (2 chests, 1skull and possibly Rustem) but i think pushed to the floor fits better.

I don't think Zina or Igor got down the slope.

August 14, 2020, 01:47:30 PM
Reply #24

cennetkusu

The most logical answer to the group's departure is this: The young people left the tent and came to the edge of the forest area. Two of them were half naked. And they were very cold. That's why they left the band. And they looked for a great tree to burn. They wanted to burn the tree and keep it warm. The others were dressed. And they wanted to dig in. So the other 7 young people dug in the snow. Then three of them wanted to go back to the tent. Halfway unknown coercive force attacked them. I think the young people thought that the unknown coercive force was moving away. So they did not mind returning to the tent. But he was near and did not go. He first attacked the Dytlova group, then those in the tree, then those inside.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:13:55 AM by Teddy »
You're alone and desperate. Connect with God, you won't be alone and you're a saint.

August 14, 2020, 04:57:07 PM
Reply #25

sarapuk

Well it did snow heavily and the snow had time to accumulate before the bodies were found.

And they were found under 3.5 meters of snow because... ?
DB

August 14, 2020, 08:10:20 PM
Reply #26

Squatch

A slab slide could explain the rav4 injury profile (2 chests, 1skull and possibly Rustem) but i think pushed to the floor fits better.

So Zina and Igor did not make it down the slope. But others who were poorly dressed did make it down?  Why?  Why did some who were poorly dressed make it down but others did not? As far as I know, Zina and Igor had no disabilities that would prevent them from doing what the others did.

August 15, 2020, 05:54:50 AM
Reply #27

Nigel Evans

So Zina and Igor did not make it down the slope. But others who were poorly dressed did make it down?  Why?  Why did some who were poorly dressed make it down but others did not? As far as I know, Zina and Igor had no disabilities that would prevent them from doing what the others did.
The state of dress is irrelevant to completing the descent.

First some facts :-
  • Igor clearly died of hypothermia showing the classic sign of max bladder volume. He has a strange wound on his left cheek with parallel lines and a right angle. YuriK has a group of similar wounds on his left thigh. Igor's lips are encrusted with blood. It's my understanding that death from hypothermia takes a significant length of time = hours.
  • Zina was found with her "face in blood". The morgue photo shows a third to half of her face covered in sores which the autopsy records as "abrasions". N.b. the photo shows no direction for these abrasions which include her right eyelid. Also she has a bleeding bruise on her waist. Her corneas are stated as "opaque". She has a gash on her hand.
Now some simple conjecture.
Whatever forced them to flee the tent impacted some of them shortly afterwards on the descent. Zina and Igor could have been blinded/poisoned or suffering from chemical inhalation (e.g. nitric acid), YuriK received a third degree burn and shouldn't have made it down but was assisted by his best buddy, Yuri D. Both of them demonstrating asymmetric frostbite relative to the rest of the group.

August 15, 2020, 08:37:30 PM
Reply #28

Squatch

The state of dress is irrelevant to completing the descent.

First some facts :-
  • Igor clearly died of hypothermia showing the classic sign of max bladder volume. He has a strange wound on his left cheek with parallel lines and a right angle. YuriK has a group of similar wounds on his left thigh. Igor's lips are encrusted with blood. It's my understanding that death from hypothermia takes a significant length of time = hours.
  • Zina was found with her "face in blood". The morgue photo shows a third to half of her face covered in sores which the autopsy records as "abrasions". N.b. the photo shows no direction for these abrasions which include her right eyelid. Also she has a bleeding bruise on her waist. Her corneas are stated as "opaque". She has a gash on her hand.
Now some simple conjecture.
Whatever forced them to flee the tent impacted some of them shortly afterwards on the descent. Zina and Igor could have been blinded/poisoned or suffering from chemical inhalation (e.g. nitric acid), YuriK received a third degree burn and shouldn't have made it down but was assisted by his best buddy, Yuri D. Both of them demonstrating asymmetric frostbite relative to the rest of the group.

I love this forum because the posts here by very intelligent people remind me of information I have not added to my theory.

You have reminded me of Zina's bleeding bruise on her waist. This helps confirm my theory.

I believe the hikers thought there was an avalanche due to a terrible storm on Mount Kholat Syakhl. This storm had extreme winds which carried snow down on their tent. This snow could not be distinguished from the start of an avalanche.

Tibo and Zolotaryov were outside dressed warmly and fixing/inspecting the tent due to high wind damage. Dyatlov communicated with them through slits he created in the tent and he would use a flashlight from time to time to see out the slits. He dropped this flashlight in the panic of the "avalanche" outside the tent where it was later found. Most of the snow later blew away during the three weeks it took for rescuers to arrive. Some snow remained on the tent with Igor's switched-off flashlight.

All nine made it down to the cedar tree without injury. Two died at the cedar tree. Seven went to a ravine and dug a den. The den triggered a collapse of a large amount of snow. All seven hikers ran but six were caught up in the snow collapse and suffered injuries. Four died, but Slobodin and (Zina) Kolmogorova escaped with just injuries. Dyatlov was least injured.

The three survivors saw no other choice but to go back to the tent area. They froze to death.

August 15, 2020, 09:55:51 PM
Reply #29

Georgi

Igor was wearing Yuri K's vest that Yuri Yudin gave to him before he left the group. Following the rest of the group and their actions clothes that belong to one person but were worn by another was because the owner died and the others took his clothes and distributed them, so that would indicate that Igor was at the tree with Yuri K and Yuri D.