March 28, 2024, 01:51:12 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Hi! I'm new here - Aspen from northern Canada  (Read 6394 times)

February 10, 2019, 09:14:00 PM
Read 6394 times

Aspen

Hi from northern Canada.  Very thankful to have found this forum.  I heard of the Dyatlov tragedy a few years ago, but didn't really want to take a closer look then, didn't want to believe it really happened.  You see, I often go on overnight ski-treks in the mountains.  Always felt safe.  I have encountered wolves, avalanches roaring near my tent in the night, almost froze, broke through thin ice, etc., and made out okay, generally had a great time.  But nothing compares to this Dyatlov incident.  I cannot see how anyone could leave their boots and outer clothing behind and walk away for a mile in minus 30 C snowstorm.    Avalanche, infrasound, Yeti, human attack just don't cut it, in my opinion.  Perhaps we can all agree that something extraordinary had to make it impossible for them to grab their outer clothes out of the tent prior to leaving it.

I believe that the 'strange lights' phenomenon observed by other witnesses at the time need to be explored in depth.  Recently, I came across Dr. Jacques Vallee's "Confrontations", where some of the described injuries at Colares, Brazil, are similar to the ones found on the Dyatlov group.  Here is the link to a summary: https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/colaresvallee.htm

I will be posting in the UFO thread.

February 11, 2019, 05:09:29 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Hi from northern Canada.  Very thankful to have found this forum.  I heard of the Dyatlov tragedy a few years ago, but didn't really want to take a closer look then, didn't want to believe it really happened.  You see, I often go on overnight ski-treks in the mountains.  Always felt safe.  I have encountered wolves, avalanches roaring near my tent in the night, almost froze, broke through thin ice, etc., and made out okay, generally had a great time.  But nothing compares to this Dyatlov incident.  I cannot see how anyone could leave their boots and outer clothing behind and walk away for a mile in minus 30 C snowstorm.    Avalanche, infrasound, Yeti, human attack just don't cut it, in my opinion.  Perhaps we can all agree that something extraordinary had to make it impossible for them to grab their outer clothes out of the tent prior to leaving it.

I believe that the 'strange lights' phenomenon observed by other witnesses at the time need to be explored in depth.  Recently, I came across Dr. Jacques Vallee's "Confrontations", where some of the described injuries at Colares, Brazil, are similar to the ones found on the Dyatlov group.  Here is the link to a summary: https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/colaresvallee.htm

Welcome. Looking forward to some interesting Posts. It looks like the Forum is moving into the UFO area at the moment, certainly we are getting much interest in that direction.
DB

February 12, 2019, 12:32:20 PM
Reply #2

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

February 15, 2019, 04:11:54 PM
Reply #3

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

Hello Aspen.