September 22, 2019, 01:27:27 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Krivonischenko biting his hand  (Read 403 times)

April 08, 2019, 02:10:52 PM
Read 403 times

Clacon

So it just occurred to me that if Yuri K. indeed bit his skin off the back of his hand (because the skin was found in his teeth - how we can say it was his skin and no one else's, I am not sure).
Unfortunately I don't think we will ever know - if it was someone else's it would better prove a brutal fight.

But anyway, the fact that this is what is assumed to have happened perhaps points to the notion that he was trying to keep quiet.

Why??? This could be because he was hiding from either other humans, other hikers or animals, right? Otherwise, why try to stay quiet by biting your own skin off Ie. stifling a cry - as the coroner put it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:48:53 PM by Teddy »

April 08, 2019, 02:24:29 PM
Reply #1

Nigel Evans

So it just occurred to me that if Yuri K. indeed bit his skin off the back of his hand (because the skin was found in his teeth - how we can say it was his skin and no one else's, I am not sure).
Unfortunately I don't think we will ever know - if it was someone else's it would better prove a brutal fight.

But anyway, the fact that this is what is assumed to have happened perhaps points to the notion that he was trying to keep quiet.

Why??? This could be because he was hiding from either other humans, other hikers or animals, right? Otherwise, why try to stay quiet by biting your own skin off Ie. stifling a cry - as the coroner put it.
Or dealing with extreme pain shortly before the shock killed him leaving the skin in his mouth perhaps.

Incidentally microwave burns are much more painful than normal burns...

April 08, 2019, 10:54:59 PM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator

This is how we know it is his: on the middle phalanx of the third finger, the defect of the epidermis, in shape and size coincides with that found in the oral cavity. It turns out that Krivonischenko bit off a piece of skin from his finger.