March 28, 2024, 04:59:11 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Exploring The Yeti Theory  (Read 142979 times)

August 05, 2019, 05:14:11 PM
Reply #90

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Have recently been reading the  Potyazhenko interview.  Was interested in one of the described radiograms which said that particular attention should be given to the foot prints on the pass.  So where is all the evidence?  There are photographs in the case files but for something that was specifically requetsed to be "particularly important" I would expect more photographs?  Close up shots of the prints? There are witness testimonies too but these are not really of great forensic value.  Where are the measurements of foot sizes so that they can be compared with "known" foot sizes of the Dyatlov group?  The witness statements describe the prints crossing patches of deep snow and then disappearing over rocky stretches thn reappearing again.  Are there any more photographs of the foot prints?

As a side note I have made a few checks on the hands of gorillas.  The reference I found measured the tip of the middle finger to the base of the palm of the hand as 30cm.  They do have very big hands.  This means that Gorillas meet the criteria for the injuries in terms of power and hand size.  Obviously it doesn't rule out the legendary Yeti.  Just means that the Yeti has some competition.

Another side note:  walked past someone on the street today - "human". Although he would have passed for a Yeti.  He was approaching 8 foot tall and had hands the size of shovels.  His foot prints would certainly be mistaken for "big foot".

Regards

Star man

August 09, 2019, 05:15:18 PM
Reply #91

Star man

Just a thought on whether the injuries of the rav 4 could have been inflicted by other humans.  I agree with the autopsy reports that the forces required to inflict those injuries are beyond any human, but even so was thinking about the way the bodies were layer out close together with Kolevatov embracing Semyon.  At face value, it would appear that Kolevatov being the least injured arranged his friends in this way.  If he was the last one of them to die as indicated by his embrace why would any human attackers not finish him off in the same way?  Maybe he was hiding?  Just seems unlikely any human attackers would have missed him and not killed him. 

Regards

Star man

August 10, 2019, 11:48:16 AM
Reply #92

sarapuk

Have recently been reading the  Potyazhenko interview.  Was interested in one of the described radiograms which said that particular attention should be given to the foot prints on the pass.  So where is all the evidence?  There are photographs in the case files but for something that was specifically requetsed to be "particularly important" I would expect more photographs?  Close up shots of the prints? There are witness testimonies too but these are not really of great forensic value.  Where are the measurements of foot sizes so that they can be compared with "known" foot sizes of the Dyatlov group?  The witness statements describe the prints crossing patches of deep snow and then disappearing over rocky stretches thn reappearing again.  Are there any more photographs of the foot prints?

As a side note I have made a few checks on the hands of gorillas.  The reference I found measured the tip of the middle finger to the base of the palm of the hand as 30cm.  They do have very big hands.  This means that Gorillas meet the criteria for the injuries in terms of power and hand size.  Obviously it doesn't rule out the legendary Yeti.  Just means that the Yeti has some competition.

Another side note:  walked past someone on the street today - "human". Although he would have passed for a Yeti.  He was approaching 8 foot tall and had hands the size of shovels.  His foot prints would certainly be mistaken for "big foot".

Regards

Star man

Good points about FOOTPRINTS. Why no more photos of such vital evidence  !  ?  Unless of course there are more photos, but not for public consumption. After all what if someone had taken photos of extremely large un Human FOOTPRINTS.
DB

August 10, 2019, 11:53:13 AM
Reply #93

sarapuk

Just a thought on whether the injuries of the rav 4 could have been inflicted by other humans.  I agree with the autopsy reports that the forces required to inflict those injuries are beyond any human, but even so was thinking about the way the bodies were layer out close together with Kolevatov embracing Semyon.  At face value, it would appear that Kolevatov being the least injured arranged his friends in this way.  If he was the last one of them to die as indicated by his embrace why would any human attackers not finish him off in the same way?  Maybe he was hiding?  Just seems unlikely any human attackers would have missed him and not killed him. 

Regards

Star man

I also agree that Non Human Force was used. Question is what was the Force from  !  ?  Yeti ? Bear ? Alien ? Some other unknown physical Force ?
DB

August 10, 2019, 12:01:17 PM
Reply #94

Star man

Regards

Star man

Good points about FOOTPRINTS. Why no more photos of such vital evidence  !  ?  Unless of course there are more photos, but not for public consumption. After all what if someone had taken photos of extremely large un Human FOOTPRINTS.

It doesn't make sense that given specific instructions to focus on the prints that there is so little in the case files?  Why would anyone exclude the details of the prints?

Regards

Star man

August 10, 2019, 12:02:52 PM
Reply #95

Star man

Regards

Star man

I also agree that Non Human Force was used. Question is what was the Force from  !  ?  Yeti ? Bear ? Alien ? Some other unknown physical Force ?

Extremely unlikely to have been a bear given no bite marks or claw marks on victims. The others are still an option.

Regards

Star man

August 10, 2019, 05:41:27 PM
Reply #96

Star man

As strange as it may seem (even to myself) there appears to be a Pattern of events supported by some of the finer details that suggests that the group may have been attacked by a large powerful ape like creature.  The only known species of ape powerful enough to inflict the injuries (as far as I can tell) is a Gorilla.  But if it was a Gorilla then what was it doing on Kholat Syakhl in the middle of the winter?  The other possibility is some unknown creature.

The tent

I think there is clear evidence of panic at the tent.  The scene is chaotic, disorganised.  Students flee without proper outdoor clothing and most without footwear.  There are cuts in the tent made from inside with a knife?  There is a jacket and sneakers left several meters from the tent as if someone grabbed them during their escape only to drop them again shortly afterwards.  There is Kolevatov's knife sheath outside the tent, while his knife is found inside the tent.  Semyon wears a camera around his neck when he leaves the tent, as if something has caught his interest and that something is worthy of a photograph.  Let's not forget the "evening "otorton". Was it planted or does it reflect that one or more of the group had seen something that may have been a Yeti?

The pattern of events at the tent does not lend itself to human involvement.  The students leave in a disorganised way.  Some have boots, some do not, some carry knives which they later use, as well as a flashlight and matches.  Some are better dressed than others.  Nothing is taken from the tent, not even money.  There are no obvious foot prints of any other humans there.  If they had been forced from the tent and sent to their deaths it is unlikely that they would be allowed to leave with knives, flash lights, matches, cameras etc.  it is far more likely that there was something that terrified the students and presented an immediate threat to their lives.  Hence the level of chaos and disarray at the scene.

The slope

The foot prints by all accounts show an orderly decent of the slope.  But why would a group of students leave a tent in a state of panic and then calmly walk down the slop?  Well, if you presented with the threat of a dangerous creature be it a large ape or a Yeti running away is not a sensible thing to do as this would trigger a response in the creature to attack.  Far better to calmly walk away watching your back keeping your head low and trying not to make direct eye contact.  And by the way apes have similar bare foot prints to humans, but also tent to knuckle walk unless it was a bipedal Yeti?  On the slope there is evidence that they were attacked - the dropped flashlight which was important enough to take with them but not important enough to pick up again after it was dropped?  As far as I am aware the flash light was found to be working later during the investigation.  I suspect that during these attacks the students fought off their attacker(s), hence the evidence of brawling, punching and kicking maybe to keep their attacker at distance.  It is possible that they also split up before they got to the cedar, maybe scattered by the attacker or a deliberate act to prevent the attacker being able to follow all of them together.  There is not a lot of evidence either way on this though I think.  Rustem may have been severely beaten by the attacker on the slop.  His head injury coupled with the fact that he had diffuse bleeding in both temporal muscles suggest that he took a powerful blow to the head while he was on the ground.  The blow knocked his head to the ground thus he received injuries on opposite sides of the temporal bone, but more severely on the left I believe.  He obviously fought off the attacker as best he could.

The cedar

The two Yuris climbed the cedar, possibly there were others but Yuris D climbed the cedar even though his fingers and toes were frost bitten.  I believe he did this to evade the attacker(s).  If the tree was climbed simply to collect fire wood then others better dressed and with no frost bite (even Yuris K)  could have climbed the tree to collect fire wood.  The skin embedded in the bark of the tree suggests that they did not just climb the tree they scrambled up the tree for safety.  The case files suggest that branches were cleared to make a look out and these branches were not used for the fire.  By the time the fire was lit the two Yuris who were poorly dressed had probably already lost too much body heat and died of hypothermia.  if any of the skin was collected from the tree bark then it may be possible even today to undertake DNA analysis of this to determine who was on the tree.  The removal of the clothing from the Yuris is evidence of a logical and normal will to survive, but the use of the clothing ( not all for insulating their bodies) and the unzipped jackets etc suggests that the cold was not the only major threat or concern. 

The ravine

The main consideration at the ravine are the injuries of the rav 4 and in particular Thibo, Lyuda and Semyon.  Kolevatov who was less seriously injured (apart from his deformed neck?) appears to have been the last one alive, judging by his embrace of Kolevatov.  He probably arranged the injured students lying them beside each other before he himself died of hypothermia.  It strange that if humans had been involved they would leave Kolevatov to live after killing the others?  There violent deaths on the face of it don't seem to be logical. They appear more like random violent attacks which is more consistent with some wild creature that is not looking to particularly kill everyone.  The attacks are more akin to a large ape affirming its dominance and territory.

The injuries themselves are the most interesting.

Thibo's skull injury just happens to be the exact same shape of the pad of the ball of thumb - a very large thumb on a hand that is 30 cm long.  The same size as a large Gorilla or ape hand.  The force required to crush a skull between the hands is over 450kg.  Very very humans are capable of that.  A crush injury using the hands would also explain the lack of any soft tissue damage.  The impact of the head from a fall or a blunt instrument would likely result in some soft tissue damage, but Thibo was wearing two hats.  Thibo had no other major injuries on his body that you might also expect from a fall.   Thibo's injury combined with both Lyuda and Semyon's are very suspicious indeed.  Lyuda flail just, with clean straight fracture lines suggest an impact of tremendous force.  Probably greater tha 800kg and most likely even in excess of that.  But also the damage to facial tissues suggest that Kyuda was dragged violently around on the ground.  The same is true for Senyon but to a slightly lesser extent.  It is extremely unlikely that Thibo, Lyuda and Semyon all fell at the same time sustaining their injuries with no other injuries to handls, wrists, ankles or limbs as these are common injuries when people fall and attempt to break their fall with hands and legs as they hit the ground.  What are the odds of them all falling together and none of them sustaining any injuries to limbs?  Also, if humans had been involved how did they deliver such massive blows which are clearly beyond human capability.  And if therer were humans there why would they use primitive methods to kill them.  No stab wounds, no gun shots etc?

An ape or ape like creature on the hand has a clear pattern to their aggression.  When they attack they knock their foes to the ground, drag them around violently and beat them with powerful blows to the body.  This is exactly what we see with these injuries.  The only thing that is missing however are ape type bite marks.  Apes do bite, but not always.

Rustems head injury and scratches to the forehead are also consistent with this type of attack, but again not as severe.  Maybe he was able to fend off the attack to some extent.

I he thus kind of summarises my thoughts on this theory so far.

Regards

Star man

August 11, 2019, 06:24:00 AM
Reply #97

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
There is ample argument against the idea they cut the tent in a panic to begin with. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 12, 2019, 09:13:12 AM
Reply #98

Star man

There is ample argument against the idea they cut the tent in a panic to begin with.

I think there are other arguments but again the question is around context and whether those other arguments can provide the single common denominator that links all the other events together in a logical and convincing way?  The potential presence of a large ape or ape like creature I believe does this.

Regards
Star man

August 12, 2019, 10:18:20 AM
Reply #99

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I think in order to blame the incident on Yeti, you first have to prove Yeti exists.   

Otherwise it doesn't hold any more water then the tooth fairy theory.   If someone were to drag a dead Yeti out of the Brake, I would consider the possibility much more seriously. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:24:10 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

August 12, 2019, 11:46:43 AM
Reply #100

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

August 12, 2019, 12:01:45 PM
Reply #101

sarapuk

I think in order to blame the incident on Yeti, you first have to prove Yeti exists.   

Otherwise it doesn't hold any more water then the tooth fairy theory.   If someone were to drag a dead Yeti out of the Brake, I would consider the possibility much more seriously.

We dont know if the HIGGS BOSON exists. All we have is TRACE EVIDENCE of a PARTICLE that comes into existence and leaves existence all within a fraction of a second. And there have been many SIGHTINGS of YETI like creatures over Time.
DB

August 12, 2019, 12:02:05 PM
Reply #102

Star man

I agree that proving it was a Yeti would be a difficult challenge indeed.  At the moment I am concentrating on the idea of large ape or ape like creature.  Saying that I will keep looking to see if there could be any objective evidence.

Regards
Star man

August 12, 2019, 12:09:57 PM
Reply #103

Star man

We dont know if the HIGGS BOSON exists. All we have is TRACE EVIDENCE of a PARTICLE that comes into existence and leaves existence all within a fraction of a second. And there have been many SIGHTINGS of YETI like creatures over Time.

Very true.  And science is full of examples where people have fluffed it up.

Regards
Star man

August 12, 2019, 12:30:01 PM
Reply #104

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

No...  That's comparing apples to oranges and the orange is simply a 'wag' on what they 'think' is happening. 

August 12, 2019, 11:44:28 PM
Reply #105

Star man

The Evening Otorten - an important clue . Why make reference to a Yeti?  It’s actually very suspicious given the events that followed?

Regards
Star man

August 13, 2019, 04:23:26 AM
Reply #106

Star man

How could Thibo have sustained his skull fracture with no other significant injuries and no damage to the soft tissue around the temporal region?

Fall- unlikely
Blunt instrument-unlikely
Explosion- unlikely

Skull crushed Either between two large powerful hands or between one large powerful hand and the ground-  this is what the injuries more closely resembles.

Regards
Star man

August 13, 2019, 04:27:12 AM
Reply #107

Star man

Another question about Thibo - why was he wearing two watches? 

Was the time important to him for some reason?

Did he have two watches to ensure they were both synchronised?  So that he did not get the time wrong for some important event?

Did he just like watches?

Regards
Star man

August 13, 2019, 02:48:36 PM
Reply #108

sarapuk

No...  That's comparing apples to oranges and the orange is simply a 'wag' on what they 'think' is happening.

Not really. After all everything is made up of MATTER. The question then becomes; What is Matter  ?  What makes an Apple different from an Orange ? Therefore when Scientists claim to see Evidence for the existence of an Higgs Boson they can be no more certain than when people see Evidence for the existence of a Yeti like Creature, by a SIGHTING.
DB

August 13, 2019, 02:51:51 PM
Reply #109

sarapuk

The Evening Otorten - an important clue . Why make reference to a Yeti?  It’s actually very suspicious given the events that followed?

Regards
Star man

And now with the revelation that a WITNESS saw the Newspaper fixed in a PROMINENT position in the Tent and appearing to have been HASTILY written, it becomes even more suspicious.
DB

August 13, 2019, 05:37:36 PM
Reply #110

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
That's what's wrong with scientists.....  They make crap up to explain what they don't understand.   tongue2

August 13, 2019, 11:45:10 PM
Reply #111

Star man

The Evening Otorten is also described in Maslennikov’s note book with descriptions of the entries.  Given that their injuries are consistent with some kind of large ape like creature can it just be a coincidence?  Is it possible that some of the entries were written in humour and the snow man written in haste to leave a record if they didn’t make it?  Maybe.

Regards
Star man

August 14, 2019, 11:36:23 AM
Reply #112

sarapuk

The Evening Otorten is also described in Maslennikov’s note book with descriptions of the entries.  Given that their injuries are consistent with some kind of large ape like creature can it just be a coincidence?  Is it possible that some of the entries were written in humour and the snow man written in haste to leave a record if they didn’t make it?  Maybe.

Regards
Star man

Well unless we have the original paperwork we can not know. Or unless we have other Evidence, maybe another Witness or a Photo of the original paperwork.
DB

August 14, 2019, 11:39:53 AM
Reply #113

sarapuk

That's what's wrong with scientists.....  They make crap up to explain what they don't understand.   tongue2

Hardly applies to all Scientists. Some Scientists certainly have Galactic EGO's, which can affect their work. But most Scientists are merely doing their jobs best they can under the circumstances.
DB

August 14, 2019, 04:00:33 PM
Reply #114

Star man

Regards
Star man

Well unless we have the original paperwork we can not know. Or unless we have other Evidence, maybe another Witness or a Photo of the original paperwork.

I very much doubt we will ever see the original document.  Although saying that.  The Evening Otorten is an important piece of evidence irrespective of whether it was actually in the tent or later planted.  Why - because if it was in the tent then The Yeti entry is odd and probably important considering the events that followed AND if it was planted then someone who may believe that the evidence points in a particular direction is trying to plant a suggestion to try and alter that direction.  My personal view is that the document was in the tent with those comments written on it.

Another option is that the investigators after reviewing all the evidence may have thought it did point towards an attack by a large Yeti type animal, but rather than risk their reputations and become. a laughing stock, concluded their investigation with compelling unknown force and planted the Otorten in an attempt to relay their true thoughts about what happened.  It's probably unlikely though.

Regards

Star man

Regards

Star man

August 15, 2019, 01:19:35 PM
Reply #115

sarapuk

Regards
Star man

I very much doubt we will ever see the original document.  Although saying that.  The Evening Otorten is an important piece of evidence irrespective of whether it was actually in the tent or later planted.  Why - because if it was in the tent then The Yeti entry is odd and probably important considering the events that followed AND if it was planted then someone who may believe that the evidence points in a particular direction is trying to plant a suggestion to try and alter that direction.  My personal view is that the document was in the tent with those comments written on it.

Another option is that the investigators after reviewing all the evidence may have thought it did point towards an attack by a large Yeti type animal, but rather than risk their reputations and become. a laughing stock, concluded their investigation with compelling unknown force and planted the Otorten in an attempt to relay their true thoughts about what happened.  It's probably unlikely though.

Regards

Star man

Regards

Star man

It may be that eventually more Evidence comes to light regarding the Evening Otorten Paperwork. Meanwhile we can continue Investigating possibilities regarding the YETI Theory.
DB

August 15, 2019, 03:55:53 PM
Reply #116

Star man

Regards
Star man

Regards

Star man

Regards

Star man

It may be that eventually more Evidence comes to light regarding the Evening Otorten Paperwork. Meanwhile we can continue Investigating possibilities regarding the YETI Theory.

Yeah we need to continue with the research.  It will take time though.

Regards

Star man

August 15, 2019, 10:53:19 PM
Reply #117

Star man

Thought that this was interesting in the context of this thread.  It might have absolutely no bearing, but it might be an eye brow raiser for those who think they have their feet firmly planted on the ground.

In the early 20th century Russian scientist were experimenting with trying to hybridise apes and humans.  Breeding apes and humans to create a hybrid.  The work was authorised and funded by the government.  As far as we know it never worked.  But is there something we don't know?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilya_Ivanovich_Ivanov

Regards

Star man

August 16, 2019, 04:53:06 AM
Reply #118

Star man

Just another observation on Thibo’s skull fracture:

If you orient the ball of the thumb to line up with Thibo’s depressed fracture then the Index finger lines up with the elongated fracture that runs around to the frontal bone and the base of the hand corresponds to the fracture that runs underneath through the saddle.  Try it. 

Regards

Star man

August 16, 2019, 08:39:45 AM
Reply #119

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Well....... could be a rock/boulder.    thanky1      Even Big rocks have sharper edges and rounded points etc.

Then again, this is the butt plate of a Mosin Nagant rifle.  The Mosin Nagant was developed in the late 1800s and was about the only rifle around through to the 1970s.  There isn't a big civilian market for firearms, because unlike the US it requires special circumstances to permit one.  The semi auto SKS was developed in the 1950s, but civilians wouldnt have them. In 1959 there would have really only been TWO rifle types walking around.  The Mosin Nagant, and if military..... the SKS. 

Here is the Butt Plate of a Mosin Nagant.  I own plenty of both and can tell you the radius resemblance is striking... pun intended. 

Here is the Butt Plate of an SKS.

Then of course you have the grip butt of a Nagant pistol....  Like the rifle, it was about the only thing around for a crazy long time.