Factual Information > Diaries and letters

Group Journal

<< < (6/6)

Ziljoe:
I understand the Tyumen region and the break down of city's per region. That is not a problem.

It may be an error of the writer if they are stating that Salekhard is the Mansi khanty center, or an assumption.There is overlap and history of many of the people which has been an interesting read.

But the author in the diary say's the Mansi occupy the North Urals close to Tyumen region , which I believe to be true. If they were writing as the went with only their memories of the regions it would make sense. Or talking to the less informed workers that may not have not known the exact details but gave some information. The nearest administrative city to the north Urals is Salekhard, so a simple guess at the time I would suspect. They may have got the ethnic location and regions mixed up,they don't know much about the Mansi, so they have tried to write an educated guess.

I don't see anything strange or stupid in the entry .  Al ot of history and movement of people though.

Axelrod:

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on March 02, 2024, 11:42:07 AM ---...The nearest administrative city to the north Urals is Salekhard, so a simple guess at the time I would suspect. They may have got the ethnic location and regions mixed up,they don't know much about the Mansi, so they have tried to write an educated guess.

I don't see anything strange or stupid in the entry .  Al ot of history and movement of people though.

--- End quote ---
You write strange things, so I checked you on the map.
Khanty-Mansiysk is one and a half times closer to the Dyatlov Pass than Salekhard, and one and a half times larger in population than Salekhard.

Ziljoe:
I agree regarding Dyatlov pass. But I'm trying to interpret what they might be meaning when they write . The North Urals cover a large area,

What they wrote about the Mansi and Salekhard does not seem wrong from the authors perspective. It is a possibility that they had limited knowledge as I do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version