Factual Information > Diaries and letters

Group Journal

<< < (2/6) > >>

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Thomas on January 31, 2021, 06:04:31 PM ---I have just read the Diary in Russian and if i understand correctly, it said: Today the Weather is little worse, Wind (western), Snow (obviously it is on Pine trees)[that probably means that is not snowing] so the Sky is completely clear

--- End quote ---

Correct

Missi:
Thanks.
I did understand that the snow was probably being blown from the trees. I just couldn't make any sense of the oil and was wondering whether the snow might have been "contaminated" with an unknown substance.
Now that's a moment I wish I would understand Russian.

RMK:
Missi, I believe the translation of the Dyatlov group diary in the OP of this thread was machine-translated.  For comparison, you can also read the group diary here, human-translated (by Teddy?) into English.

Missi:
I was not sure, which was the most recently updated one, as in approved as most correct... excuseme

RMK:

--- Quote from: Missi on February 01, 2021, 11:27:00 AM ---I was not sure, which was the most recently updated one, as in approved as most correct... excuseme

--- End quote ---
I'm definitely inclined to trust the human-translation over the machine-translation here.  The human-translation's English sounds more natural, for one thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version