Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

Low Yield Nuclear Test - Tragic Accident version 2

<< < (3/29) > >>

Star man:
I have asked the same question about the camera myself. If it fell with Semyon then it doesn’t have to break.  Especially if he landed on his side/back as it’s fall would be cushioned. Also it may have just survived the impact. It is interesting that there is no information on the condition of the camera?

Look at Yuri’s injuries Doroshenko has lots of cuts and abrasions on his forearms legs and his chest around his armpits. How did he get these? I doubt it was from walking down the slope.  He may have got frostbite hanging onto the tree and then found it difficult to climb back down.

I’m skeptical about whether it was a proper designer den. It was probably more a makeshift shelter.  Dyatlov and the others went to get their equipment and gear and probably intended to bring it back.

Star man:
Some further thoughts on the injuries of Dubinina and Zolotaryov:

I have done a little research on the injury types from falls up to 7m.

85% had thoracic fractures, and or spinal injuries
A small number 25% had smaller fractures to ankles forearms (note many of the people studied actually jumped).  But note that these people were conscious when they fell.

Dubinina had significant thoracic fractures.  But she also had a smashed flattened nose, and a significant bruise on the front of her femur.  As if she had fallen and landed slap bang on her front with her chest taking most of the impact and face following behind in short order, smashing her nose, and possibly damaging the hyoid bone ( think its called that).  She may well have bit part of her tongue off too as her face hit the ground.

Zolotaryov, had significant damage to his chest and ribs on the right side of his body.  He also had a significant laceration on his head exposing the skull ( on the same side as his broken ribs).  So it looks like he fell backwards landing partially on his right side, his ribs taking most ofnthe force, followed by his head hitting the ground and causing a severe cut.  I believe there has also been discussion that he fractured his collar bone.

So it seems even more likey that they fell from high in the cedar tree now I looked at the injuries again in more detail.

Only about 25% of people who fell fractured arms or ankles and I suspect this is because they were conscious and tried to break their falls with their hands and feet.  If Kyuda and Semyon had fallen because they had lost consciousness then they would not have tried to break their falls.  Instead their bodies took the full force.

In terms of the missing eyes and the rest of Lyuda's tongue and hypoglossal muscle.  This could be explained by small animals (scavengers) like birds, rats, fox taking them in the days or so before their bodies were covered in snow.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Star man on January 21, 2019, 03:01:58 PM ---Some further thoughts on the injuries of Dubinina and Zolotaryov:

A small number 25% had smaller fractures to ankles forearms (note many of the people studied actually jumped).  But note that these people were conscious when they fell.

Dubinina had significant thoracic fractures.  But she also had a smashed flattened nose, and a significant bruise on the front of her femur.  As if she had fallen and landed slap bang on her front with her chest taking most of the impact and face following behind in short order, smashing her nose, and possibly damaging the hyoid bone ( think its called that).  She may well have bit part of her tongue off too as her face hit the ground.

Zolotaryov, had significant damage to his chest and ribs on the right side of his body.  He also had a significant laceration on his head exposing the skull ( on the same side as his broken ribs).  So it looks like he fell backwards landing partially on his right side, his ribs taking most ofnthe force, followed by his head hitting the ground and causing a severe cut.  I believe there has also been discussion that he fractured his collar bone.

So it seems even more likey that they fell from high in the cedar tree now I looked at the injuries again in more detail.

Only about 25% of people who fell fractured arms or ankles and I suspect this is because they were conscious and tried to break their falls with their hands and feet.  If Kyuda and Semyon had fallen because they had lost consciousness then they would not have tried to break their falls.  Instead their bodies took the full force.

In terms of the missing eyes and the rest of Lyuda's tongue and hypoglossal muscle.  This could be explained by small animals (scavengers) like birds, rats, fox taking them in the days or so before their bodies were covered in snow.

--- End quote ---

I dont see any specific mention of a FRACTURED SPINE  [ thoracic spine ]. Also, how can a very tough BONE [ hyoid bone ] in the position that its in in the human body be severely damaged by a fall, without other organs and skin in that area being severely damaged as well !  ?  apart from the MISSING TONGUE. And there is no evidence of any predators having fed on any of the bodies. And as for the SMASHED FLATTENED NOSE on DUBININA , the CARTILAGE is flattened, but the other NOSE BONES are ok. If a very bad frontal fall resulted in such serious injuries to the chest as you suggest then we should expect even more serious inuries to the front of the face etc apart from a FLATTENED CARTILAGE  !  ? 

Dominov:
@starman

I gave your theory a little bit more thought. A low yield nuke would most certainly melt the snow on the ridges of the Dead Mountain. This water would first run down the slope of the Dead Mountain and flood the tent. Another good reason to leave the tent urgently. After a short while the icy wind would freeze that water. This is an additional threat. People walking down the slope could slip, fall and slide down the slope and could get seriously injured. Footprints disappeared after 500 meters... There are areas on this slope where the snow layer was/is very thin due to the wind. A layer of ice there could be deadly for descending people.

Then: If you see a shrinking ball of light in the distance you could interpret it as a light flying away from you. But noone on the other hand reported to have heard an explosion.
Edit: It would take the sound of an explosion 3.5 minutes to reach a person 70 km further south. So people probably wouldn't associate the sound and the light incident.

regards

Dominov

Star man:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on January 21, 2019, 04:31:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Star man on January 21, 2019, 03:01:58 PM ---Some further thoughts on the injuries of Dubinina and Zolotaryov:

--- End quote ---

I dont see any specific mention of a FRACTURED SPINE  [ thoracic spine ]. Also, how can a very tough BONE [ hyoid bone ] in the position that its in in the human body be severely damaged by a fall, without other organs and skin in that area being severely damaged as well !  ?  apart from the MISSING TONGUE. And there is no evidence of any predators having fed on any of the bodies. And as for the SMASHED FLATTENED NOSE on DUBININA , the CARTILAGE is flattened, but the other NOSE BONES are ok. If a very bad frontal fall resulted in such serious injuries to the chest as you suggest then we should expect even more serious inuries to the front of the face etc apart from a FLATTENED CARTILAGE  !  ?

--- End quote ---

Good challenges, but all injuries to body as per autopsy can be explained by a single fall and impact apart from eye. Hyoid bone was described as having strange movements but not broken. The bruise on her femur is very big.

Spinal injuries likely to be a factor of how you land and more likely if you land on feet or back. Neither of them seem to have landed that way hence frontal and side injuries.

Thibo must have landed head first, poor guy.
I doubt that there would be no small animals in the area.

Regards Star man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version