Miscellaneous > Non-DP Related Mysteries!

Are the basic facts of the 1993 Korovina group incident well established?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Investigator:
I know hardly anything about poisons, but if it were a corrosive substance and all but one died very quickly (and the one survivor had no symptoms), I would guess this possibility is not likely (especially considering the autopsy reports).

Manti:
Supposedly when she was found by kayakers her face was also covered in blood. But I don't know... her account is that they had breakfast, packed up, and were descending when Sasha became ill? But the searchers found the bodies next to tents that were still standing... Doesn't add up unless one of these is but a rumor

Investigator:
Yes, i got the feeling that she might have confused things, but I also think that the is the evidence at the site, especially the bodies, where they were located, what condition they were in, the autopsy results, etc.  For so many people to die so quickly under conditions that do not seem like it is possible suggests something like poison.  The other possibility is hypothermia, of course, but my research into hypothermia suggests it was poison or hypothermia.  What the survivor described sounds like a poisoning, especially with the strongest member of the group dying so quickly under conditions one would usually not associate with a hypothermia death.  Also, I found another video that suggests Novichok may have been the cause:

eurocentric:
I am convinced the surviving female poisoned the others, and she claimed they banged their heads against rocks to cover what she herself, to be sure they died, did  to them waiting until they were at their most vulnerable, on top of a mountain, away from help or potential survival.

She then chickened out of killing herself so made it down the mountain, covered in their blood, until found by suffering from hypothermia by another group.

Russia has the highest per capita incidence of serial killers, and this IMO was an obvious example. I don't know how she got away with it, to be frank. Maybe they thought a 17-year-old female wasn't capable of it and she did not speak of the incident for years making investigation impossible.

From the other site Manti linked to "Utochenko herself chalks it up to being in great physical shape, and prefers not to discuss the terrible incident."

Yes, reticence is safety.

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: eurocentric on May 20, 2023, 12:51:18 PM ---I am convinced the surviving female poisoned the others, and she claimed they banged their heads against rocks to cover what she herself, to be sure they died, did  to them waiting until they were at their most vulnerable, on top of a mountain, away from help or potential survival.

She then chickened out of killing herself so made it down the mountain, covered in their blood, until found by suffering from hypothermia by another group.

Russia has the highest per capita incidence of serial killers, and this IMO was an obvious example. I don't know how she got away with it, to be frank. Maybe they thought a 17-year-old female wasn't capable of it and she did not speak of the incident for years making investigation impossible.

From the other site Manti linked to "Utochenko herself chalks it up to being in great physical shape, and prefers not to discuss the terrible incident."

Yes, reticence is safety.

--- End quote ---

Where does the data" Russia has the highest per capita incidence of serial killers" come from?

I'm having Google.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version