March 28, 2024, 07:54:56 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: New Book The death of nine Launton Anderson  (Read 12140 times)

January 09, 2020, 06:02:15 AM
Read 12140 times

Tim

Redo- Correction, Do to the sensitive nature of The Tourists Death and everyone’s personal opinion on the matter let me share with you a newer book I have not read before. This in no means underscores or detracts from The Dyatlov Pass site That Teddy has given her life’s blood for.  The author in The Death of Nine worked in cryptographic, lived in England,Germany and Italy before retiring from the United States Air Force. Although like other authors, I disagree with some of the theories he presents.  He presents some ideas ,though not new, are presented with better clarity my mind has not been able to get from other books. Skimming over this book would be a mistake...My eye as an artist seems to see these photos with better clarity than other books as sites. The Dyatlov Pass photos are perfect in every way and I still refer to often...My apologies in not thinking this through before I posted...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:48:15 AM by Tim »

January 09, 2020, 08:45:08 AM
Reply #1

Nigel Evans

My initial thoughts as recorded in the Shoutbox section :-
I've just had skim read of the above book. The author leans to the murder theory and possibly massages the facts to help that. Has the usual errors (states that Semyon wore two hats) and then includes the location photo of his bare head. But some original and interesting effort has gone into the stating the injuries. The shared "U" shaped wounds being new to me.

January 09, 2020, 09:50:35 AM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator
Tim, I am disappointed that you haven't acquainted yourself with my site DYATLOVPASS.COM.
This book has copied any available source online, but just because you paid for it, I guess, it has to be better quality.
The last word in Zina’s diary mentions a mans name.
Scroll down Zina's diary https://dyatlovpass.com/zinaida-kolmogorova-diary
What does it say - Rempel
Go to Who is who, Letter R https://dyatlovpass.com/rescuers#letterr
Geee, there is Rempel.

Tim, my site has all the information there is for the case. What are you talking about clearer images and perfect book for what?
Go to the Chronology of events https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries and you will see what did the hikers write each day of their trek and what pictures did they take, and I dare say there are no better images than the ones I have published. I challenge you to show me one picture or one fact in this stupid book that I will not show you on my site. Maybe I should write all in a book and charge for it you ingrates.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:59:23 AM by Teddy »

January 09, 2020, 10:09:40 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
The shared "U" shaped wounds being new to me.
Tell me more. Who has them. Are they in the autopsy reports?

January 09, 2020, 10:58:07 AM
Reply #4

Nigel Evans

The shared "U" shaped wounds being new to me.
Tell me more. Who has them. Are they in the autopsy reports?
Not sure about the autopsy reports (i've just skimmed through so far as i'm busy) but she indicates them in the morgue photos, Igor both sides of the face, Yuri K left thigh 3 U shaped marks, Yuri D left arm, Zina's hand has a similar injury. She attributes them to rifle butts.

I bought the Kindle version for GBP £1.88.

January 09, 2020, 11:07:05 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator
I know about this book and if didn't even make it to https://dyatlovpass.com/dyatlovmania
I see no U shaped marks in the post-mortem photos or the autopsy reports.

January 09, 2020, 11:14:01 AM
Reply #6

Teddy

Administrator
I know about every book there is. there you have two more, not much better than Death of Nine
Dyatlov Nine: Death Below Zero, by Catt Dahman - they died from altitude sickness
DJATLOW?: Aufklärung der unheimlichen Begebenheit - aliens killed them

January 09, 2020, 11:48:13 AM
Reply #7

Nigel Evans

I know about this book and if didn't even make it to https://dyatlovpass.com/dyatlovmania
There are U, V, J marks at the given locations and with perpendicular short lines terminating the main sweep of the "letter" on three of the bodies. She's correct if you accept "U" as a general term. It's a good observation.

January 09, 2020, 12:01:04 PM
Reply #8

Teddy

Administrator
There are U, V, J marks at the given locations and with perpendicular short lines terminating the main sweep of the "letter" on three of the bodies. She's correct if you accept "U" as a general term. It's a good observation.
Can you show me a pic?

January 09, 2020, 12:35:45 PM
Reply #9

Nigel Evans

January 09, 2020, 12:38:14 PM
Reply #10

Nigel Evans

She makes the case that these "bruises" are too similar not to have a similar cause.
She believes in rifle butts, i might favour missile fragments perhaps.  kewl1

January 09, 2020, 01:40:36 PM
Reply #11

narvikk

I think from the all known current evidence it’s highly implausible that any other person had been involved in the accident.

January 09, 2020, 09:02:19 PM
Reply #12

Zorah

I know about every book there is. there you have two more, not much better than Death of Nine
Dyatlov Nine: Death Below Zero, by Catt Dahman - they died from altitude sickness

Okay, this is off the original topic but DIED FROM ALTITUDE SICKNESS???
The summit of Kholat Syakyl is 1097 m (and the group was not at the summit). I live not that far from the city of Calgary, population 1.2 million, elevation 1045 m.

I've spent the past several years reading about the effects of altitude on the human body. I have never once come across a documented case where someone got even mild altitude sickness at a thousand meters above sea level.

January 09, 2020, 11:51:49 PM
Reply #13

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Is there any forensic analysis of these proposed marks?

They should all be measured and placed together for comparison

Regards
Star man

January 10, 2020, 03:55:32 AM
Reply #14

Nigel Evans

Okay, this is off the original topic but DIED FROM ALTITUDE SICKNESS???
The summit of Kholat Syakyl is 1097 m (and the group was not at the summit). I live not that far from the city of Calgary, population 1.2 million, elevation 1045 m.

I've spent the past several years reading about the effects of altitude on the human body. I have never once come across a documented case where someone got even mild altitude sickness at a thousand meters above sea level.
and they were all fit and strong. I've skied in Aspen (2400m) and noticed the effect on my sleep.

January 10, 2020, 05:00:33 AM
Reply #15

Nigel Evans

Regards
Star man
The common feature seems to be the terminating short line perpendicular to the main one and in one case this short line is doubled. In trying to fit the evidence to a theory i like this photo :-

January 10, 2020, 06:24:52 AM
Reply #16

Tim

Teddy,   Ha ha,I know your beautiful site all to well, No slight intended to you and your tireless efforts. Like you Teddy  I read everything that is out there to be read. New perspective is critical without it sometimes we get stuck in our stubbornness. Like me, no way was anybody going to deter me from my own common sense natural disaster...I realized after watching you and Josh and reading this book that the lack of footprints around the tent shows up clearly in every injury, a group of humans did this to other humans. Every author I read I find errors and hair brained theories but I enjoy  reading without criticizing their efforts. You Rock Teddy.

January 10, 2020, 08:48:29 AM
Reply #17

Star man

Regards
Star man
The common feature seems to be the terminating short line perpendicular to the main one and in one case this short line is doubled. In trying to fit the evidence to a theory i like this photo :-

I think it is difficult to accurately determine the injury type and shape from black and white photos,  but would be useful if scale drawings of them were available to compare.  Anyway it’s a useful insight Nigel - thanks.  One last thing - are we sure that the shape of the injuries do not coincide with the shape of a Yeti’s thumb rather than a missile?  lol2

Regards
Star man

January 10, 2020, 09:48:29 AM
Reply #18

Teddy

Administrator

Star man

I did send the photos to an expert. Here is his answer:
In the case of Dyatlov, it seems to me that this simply coincided because of the angle.

On photos from other angles this mark is not legible, although abrasions of a different shape are visible. The size of the outlined pattern is larger than what you can see as similar to this mark on the rest of the cases, which I don't believe is a mark at all.

Doroshenko has a putrid venous network on his hand, and the isolated U is more likely just a fragment of it.

The U shaped mark in question can be only seen on Krivonischenko's leg, and this is not the best image. It's like a Rorschach test - you can pick up another detail and try to match it on other bodies.

I don't find the mark you're asking for to be repetitive on other bodies.

January 10, 2020, 10:02:22 AM
Reply #19

Teddy

Administrator
Tim, thank you for the kind words of encouragement and support. I am not actually seeking recognition, but only get desperate if people disregard information that's available.
I apologize for the outburst though. Any efforts to publicize the case should be respected and at least given a chance if nothing else they stir opinions, right?
For all of you that get involved, my deepest sympathies, and I am sure you all know how unnerving this case can be. But I wasn't at my best today.
Criticizing is easy and unnecessary. Looking for new information or resolutions is the way. God help us.

January 10, 2020, 04:19:15 PM
Reply #20

Star man

Star man

I did send the photos to an expert. Here is his answer:
In the case of Dyatlov, it seems to me that this simply coincided because of the angle.

On photos from other angles this mark is not legible, although abrasions of a different shape are visible. The size of the outlined pattern is larger than what you can see as similar to this mark on the rest of the cases, which I don't believe is a mark at all.

Doroshenko has a putrid venous network on his hand, and the isolated U is more likely just a fragment of it.

The U shaped mark in question can be only seen on Krivonischenko's leg, and this is not the best image. It's like a Rorschach test - you can pick up another detail and try to match it on other bodies.

I don't find the mark you're asking for to be repetitive on other bodies.

I see.  Thanks. 

Star man

January 11, 2020, 01:07:26 AM
Reply #21

Nigel Evans

I'm puzzled by those answers wrt Igor and Yuri K particularly Igor, i can see the line in both photos?

January 11, 2020, 03:19:23 AM
Reply #22

Teddy

Administrator
I'm puzzled by those answers wrt Igor and Yuri K particularly Igor, i can see the line in both photos?
This is somebody's opinion. Mine happens to overlap. You can investigate further with other experts. I am not arguing.

January 11, 2020, 04:37:59 AM
Reply #23

Nigel Evans

This is somebody's opinion. Mine happens to overlap. You can investigate further with other experts. I am not arguing.
I'm not arguing, just clarifying. He's saying he can't see the line marked in red dots and you agree?

January 11, 2020, 04:48:58 AM
Reply #24

Teddy

Administrator
I see a mark that resembles more the U shape on his other chick.
What you have outlined is not in same plane altogether, it is different in size from the other alleged marks. I am not the right person for this discussion.

January 11, 2020, 05:30:03 AM
Reply #25

sarapuk

What you have outlined is not in same plane altogether, it is different in size from the other alleged marks. I am not the right person for this discussion.

Keep up the great work Teddy. All roads appear to lead to this FORUM via your main website.
DB

January 11, 2020, 05:43:11 AM
Reply #26

Nigel Evans

I think the main point is that there are several marks/bruises that seem to have right angles and there is a low probability that these right angles are from natural objects and hence a high probability that they are from man made objects.

January 13, 2020, 12:58:07 PM
Reply #27

MDGross

Wouldn't missile fragments rip through skin exposing teeth, bones, etc.

January 13, 2020, 03:02:46 PM
Reply #28

Nigel Evans

Not if they're just being carried by the wind and gravity.

January 16, 2020, 10:35:46 AM
Reply #29

sarapuk

Not if they're just being carried by the wind and gravity.

!  ?  Elaborate
DB