March 29, 2024, 03:13:42 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Is this a record of Yuri K limping?  (Read 18516 times)

March 02, 2020, 07:02:45 AM
Reply #60

Nigel Evans

So perhaps the elaborate cover story was in fact the truth, in some way.
Okishev and Ivanov both stated independently that they were ordered to front a cover of "death from freezing" by a hierarchy that did not seem challenged as to the cause of the DPI. With the discovery of the ravine four this was permitted to be altered to "unknown compelling force" and the case was closed.

Askinadze claims they were told it was a missile which is a good fit for the evidence for the deaths on the slope and by the cedar. The ravine four being crushed by a vehicle which could hide it's tracks completes the military involvement theory.

March 02, 2020, 08:13:30 AM
Reply #61

Monty

It's a wild theory but not impossible. Would there be any need to hide the vehicle track if all the searchers were sworn to secrecy? Other than the theory requiring a stretch of the imagination it would explain dropped jackets, climbing trees and lightning fires. In this theory the three on the slope died on the way down?

March 02, 2020, 11:02:51 AM
Reply #62

Nigel Evans

It's a wild theory but not impossible. Would there be any need to hide the vehicle track if all the searchers were sworn to secrecy? Other than the theory requiring a stretch of the imagination it would explain dropped jackets, climbing trees and lightning fires. In this theory the three on the slope died on the way down?
It's not clear which theory you're referring to?

March 02, 2020, 12:13:14 PM
Reply #63

Monty

The theory they left the tent watching /avoiding a falling rocket is a fair explanation of how it started. The crushed den in the ravine would explain the final event.

March 03, 2020, 10:12:08 AM
Reply #64

MDGross

Your missile scenario is plausible. It possibly explains the last photos on Krivonischenko's and Zolotaryov's cameras better than any other theory. It's a believable explanation of the burned tree tops and some of the odd injuries to Yuri K, Zina and Dyatlov. I wonder though, if a missile exploded near them and burning fuel was falling on tree tops, why hurry down to the trees? Or at least put on hats, gloves, shoes and coats, then head for the trees. Once the missile exploded and they realized their tent was still standing, why hurry in such panic down the slope?
As for a track vehicle running over those in the snow den, I just don't see it. Who knew precisely where the missile was going to explode? Even if the troops were several miles away from the hikers, the missile could have exploded nearer to the troops, putting their lives in danger. Was the track vehicle traveling in the ravine and continued to do so after killing the hikers? Wouldn't the forest be too thickly wooded for a vehicle to get through and up the slope? How fast could a vehicle be traveling in such heavy snow? Wouldn't the hikers have time to scramble out of the way?

March 03, 2020, 01:28:20 PM
Reply #65

Nigel Evans

Your missile scenario is plausible. It possibly explains the last photos on Krivonischenko's and Zolotaryov's cameras better than any other theory. Yes. It's a believable explanation of the burned tree tops and some of the odd injuries to Yuri K, Zina and Dyatlov. I wonder though, if a missile exploded near them and burning fuel was falling on tree tops, why hurry down to the trees? the theory is that streams of highly toxic vapour caused Zinaida's face amongst other injuries (Igor vomiting/bleeding orifices) . If that got into the tent they'd have to get out fast and flee the area? Once soaked with one fuel component, any contact with the other would instantly ignite. (YuriK). Or at least put on hats, gloves, shoes and coats, then head for the trees. Once the missile exploded and they realized their tent was still standing, why hurry in such panic down the slope?
As for a track vehicle running over those in the snow den, I just don't see it. Who knew precisely where the missile was going to explode? A SAM would have a path to target known to the firing team? A large rocket would be tracked? Even if the troops were several miles away from the hikers, the missile could have exploded nearer to the troops, putting their lives in danger. Not if it was a SAM or multiples thereof? Was the track vehicle traveling in the ravine and continued to do so after killing the hikers? The driver wouldn't know, just feel a bump as the den's roof fell in? Wouldn't the forest be too thickly wooded for a vehicle to get through and up the slope? All the photos suggest a "ravine" (actually more of a gully?) filled with snow would provide a tree empty area to travel up or down, similar to them using the frozen river as a highway. How fast could a vehicle be traveling in such heavy snow? Doesn't have to be very fast. Wouldn't the hikers have time to scramble out of the way? Semyon had his notebook and pencil in hand which strongly suggests there was some light. So dawn had arrived perhaps. They could have been sleeping/dozing after a traumatic night. Nicolai wore the watches so he presumably was meant to be awake. I don't know but i wouldn't be surprised if snow attenuates sound rapidly. Atmospheric snow is famous for attenuating thunder (thundersnow) (to under 3 miles from memory).

March 03, 2020, 02:55:25 PM
Reply #66

MDGross

I like your idea of toxic vapor penetrating the tent. That would be cause enough to get out as quickly as possible. But how did others in the tent escape serious injury? And if the fuel fell several thousand feet, aren't the odds pretty small that in all those square miles it would rain down on such a specific spot where the tent was pitched? I guess anything's possible...

March 03, 2020, 03:21:53 PM
Reply #67

Nigel Evans

I like your idea of toxic vapor penetrating the tent. That would be cause enough to get out as quickly as possible. But how did others in the tent escape serious injury? And if the fuel fell several thousand feet, aren't the odds pretty small that in all those square miles it would rain down on such a specific spot where the tent was pitched? I guess anything's possible...
Well Semyon and Nicolai were elsewhere. Lyudmila is interesting in that her yellow/brown face with a white chin hints at a mild version of the other group's dark orange brown hands and faces which it's my conjecture was caused by chemical exposure. So the theory would be that whilst noxious vapour forced them out of the tent worse was to come. Ivanov talks about the burnt treetops having no obvious pattern which supports streaks/streams.

March 04, 2020, 08:20:10 AM
Reply #68

MDGross

Except for the track vehicle part, I believe your scenario could very well explain what happened. I think the photos are tangible evidence that an explosion occurred. Is it possible that once the snow den was dug out a second missile exploded  and the three with severe injuries were hit by blast waves? Could they have suffered these injuries without the surrounding trees being seriously damaged?

March 04, 2020, 11:09:56 AM
Reply #69

Nigel Evans

Except for the track vehicle part, I believe your scenario could very well explain what happened. I think the photos are tangible evidence that an explosion occurred. Is it possible that once the snow den was dug out a second missile exploded  and the three with severe injuries were hit by blast waves? Could they have suffered these injuries without the surrounding trees being seriously damaged?
It's my assumption that such a blast would leave obvious damage in nearby trees.

A falling tree that then (somehow) continued to slide downhill. Ball lightning has been observed to demonstrate large mass. A slabslide of the ravine snow caused by warm meltwater from the fuel affected snow on the mountain side. A big snowball (snowroller)! A 300lb Yeti jumping up and down. All very improbable of course. The crushed in the den theory doesn't need a tracked vehicle to explain the injury profile but as the other part of the narrative is military activity then it's a higher probability that's all.

March 04, 2020, 12:07:24 PM
Reply #70

Monty

Notwithstanding my own belief they were forced out and down, even my theory /belief has flaws.
This theory by Nigel at least explains the first phase of events. Other theories, of which there are many all seem to have some conflict with the hard evidence as presented on the main site. Some are stronger than others in their possible timeline of events.
All that remains is the possibility that something happened in the tent, and led to the first phase of events. But that something really will bog you down in hypothesis.
If something odd happened in the tent, and we accept it as unknown, everything else could be attributed to slips, trips and awful luck.
In this theory, with someone requiring help or walking impeded, at least it has a definite start.
What happened in later phases in our own theories will always be defined by why we think they chose to leave the tent.
And we are all entitled to that, regardless of how bizarre it may read...
Yes the initial snowslide is well documented and supported by well experienced people; but I still struggle with the concept of looking at the tent as you departed and thinking"she's a write off, let's take our chances with the shirts on our backs under the biggest tree we can find"

March 05, 2020, 07:50:07 AM
Reply #71

MDGross

It was staring us in the face all along. A 300lb Yeti mad as hell from being awakened by an exploding missile.

March 05, 2020, 09:01:10 AM
Reply #72

Monty

March 05, 2020, 09:34:38 AM
Reply #73

Nigel Evans

March 05, 2020, 09:41:17 AM
Reply #74

Nigel Evans

It was staring us in the face all along. A 300lb Yeti mad as hell from being awakened by an exploding missile.
The biggest bear yet recorded was over 2500 lbs - https://www.loc.gov/everyday-mysteries/item/which-is-the-largest-bear-on-earth/
2.5. tons jumping up and down because the missiles woke it up, don't laugh it could fit.

March 05, 2020, 10:34:19 AM
Reply #75

Monty

Better put the coffee on

March 06, 2020, 08:50:20 AM
Reply #76

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
There is a clear narrative for a Yeti.  It’s just complicated by the fact there is no definitive scientifically accepted evidence for their existence.

Regards

Star man

March 06, 2020, 12:52:08 PM
Reply #77

Nigel Evans

There is a clear narrative for a Yeti.  It’s just complicated by the fact there is no definitive scientifically accepted evidence for their existence.

Regards

Star man
I not dismissive wrt the Yeti theory but the lack of footprints is, ahem a bit of a problem?

March 06, 2020, 03:37:02 PM
Reply #78

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

Regards

Star man
I not dismissive wrt the Yeti theory but the lack of footprints is, ahem a bit of a problem?

You are wise Nigel.  The lack of foot prints and Yetis in general is a bit of a problem.

Saying that the whole foot print business I find very lacking in terms of the available forensic information.

Regards

Star man

March 07, 2020, 02:35:06 AM
Reply #79

Per Inge Oestmoen

Note the marks on the thigh that seem to have a repeating style.
So this is a quite selective camp fire? A 31cm burn on the leg which blows the skin, signs of heating on the foot still covered with a sock which is not burnt except for the edges and just one of his toes is charred but only on the back? (i'm assuming the back of the toe is the side that has the nail?). This "charred" word is very significant imo. How do you put your foot in a fire and only do that to one side of one toe?

Now if instead you want to consider some highly reactive "rain" landing on these areas then you have an excellent fit (imo).

Regards.

The repeating style is strongly suggestive of Yuri being subjected to torture, the attackers probably wanted him to tell them something and touched his thigh repeatedly with a burning object to extract the desired information.

March 07, 2020, 05:24:45 AM
Reply #80

Nigel Evans

Note the marks on the thigh that seem to have a repeating style.
So this is a quite selective camp fire? A 31cm burn on the leg which blows the skin, signs of heating on the foot still covered with a sock which is not burnt except for the edges and just one of his toes is charred but only on the back? (i'm assuming the back of the toe is the side that has the nail?). This "charred" word is very significant imo. How do you put your foot in a fire and only do that to one side of one toe?

Now if instead you want to consider some highly reactive "rain" landing on these areas then you have an excellent fit (imo).

Regards.

The repeating style is strongly suggestive of Yuri being subjected to torture, the attackers probably wanted him to tell them something and touched his thigh repeatedly with a burning object to extract the desired information.
No i'd suggest the burnt leg and one side of one toe charred are better indications of torture. These repeating marks would have been tickles in comparison. Also they are repeating across Igor and the two Yuris in style only but not exactly, suggesting  a unique instrument in each case, but produced from material of a repeating style.