Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Assumptions and facts

(1/14) > >>

amashilu:
"The victims were thrown out of the tent by a hurricane. The direction of the hurricane is northeast east, therefore all of them are in the same line from the discovered tent …"
—Maslennikov

"One came out, he was blown away. He screamed. Everyone ran out."
—Grigoriev

A good way to approach any investigation is to do your best to weed out assumptions from facts. The above 2 statements were assumptions which were gradually scrapped because the bodies (facts), later discovered, did not fit the assumptions.

Assumption that particularly grates on me: Zina, Igor, and Rustem were "trying to get back to the tent" because their bodies were found in something of a line going up the slope. If I see you walking down a rural country road, and I know that a mile down the road is the library, I might assume that you are heading to the library. Certainly logical, but in fact, you are going to the patch of blueberries 100 yards ahead, to pick some berries to make a pie.

It would be fine with me if we all call each other out on assumptions that don't match the facts.

tenne:

--- Quote from: amashilu on January 18, 2023, 07:46:44 AM ---"The victims were thrown out of the tent by a hurricane. The direction of the hurricane is northeast east, therefore all of them are in the same line from the discovered tent …"
—Maslennikov

—Grigoriev

A good way to approach any investigation is to do your best to weed out assumptions from facts. The above 2 statements were assumptions which were gradually scrapped because the bodies (facts), later discovered, did not fit the assumptions.

Assumption that particularly grates on me: Zina, Igor, and Rustem were "trying to get back to the tent" because their bodies were found in something of a line going up the slope. If I see you walking down a rural country road, and I know that a mile down the road is the library, I might assume that you are heading to the library. Certainly logical, but in fact, you are going to the patch of blueberries 100 yards ahead, to pick some berries to make a pie.

It would be fine with me if we all call each other out on assumptions that don't match the facts.

--- End quote ---

Even the date of the occurrence is an assumption based on a lack of entries in a diary.

anna_pycckux:

--- Quote from: amashilu on January 18, 2023, 07:46:44 AM ---"The victims were thrown out of the tent by a hurricane. The direction of the hurricane is northeast east, therefore all of them are in the same line from the discovered tent …"
—Maslennikov

—Grigoriev

--- End quote ---

"The guys were tricked out of the tent, for example, under the guise of helping a wounded hunter, they came out warmly dressed, and, going down the slope, they fell into a trap. They were ordered to undress, but they resisted. Then they began to be killed and forcibly undressed to create the appearance that they themselves were frozen.
 - Anna of the Russians. Saint Petersburg.All assumptions correspond to the facts.

ilahiyol:

--- Quote from: tenne on January 18, 2023, 12:12:00 PM ---
—Maslennikov

—Grigoriev

--- End quote ---

Even the date of the occurrence is an assumption based on a lack of entries in a diary.

--- End quote ---
very strong evidence....Diaries are written every day and if "that day" is not written, it is very likely that the event occurred on that day. At least it is definitive proof of the beginning of events!!!

tenne:
"very strong evidence....Diaries are written every day and if "that day" is not written, it is very likely that the event occurred on that day. At least it is definitive proof of the beginning of events!!!"

well if we are going by the ending of a diary means the person is no longer alive, then Zina passed away jan 29 and Lyuda passed away jan 28

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version