Victims and Case Files > Case Files

Diaries and Missing Diaries and that Newsletter ! ?

<< < (2/6) > >>

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: KFinn on February 01, 2021, 08:25:43 AM ---I have not been able to find where in the case files and witness statements it said that the Evening Otorten was pinned to the tent, I've only seen it was in the belongings.  Can you point me to that?

--- End quote ---

I spotted it somewhere but forget where now. I will have look asap.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: KFinn on February 01, 2021, 08:25:43 AM ---I have not been able to find where in the case files and witness statements it said that the Evening Otorten was pinned to the tent, I've only seen it was in the belongings.  Can you point me to that?

--- End quote ---

Here is the information you need.  Go to Factual Information.  Then Material Modern.  Then Publications / Media, and scroll down to Potyazhenko - Interview.  And you will find what he said which I have copied below. I think this information is extremely important but its been overlooked for some reason.

Tent. You said you looked into the tent. How? Through the entrance, through the incision?
– Through the cut. It was almost all open. Like a torn rag. I raised a cut and looked.

– What did you see in the tent?
– There was no order in the tent. They were changing their clothes in the corners. One could see things in groups, frozen pieces of bread lay around, it seems there was a can of meat. At the entrance I saw a piece of paper. Named Combat Leaflet. I was surprised, just like in the army - a combat sheet.

– How was it located in the tent, attached to a wall or lying around?
– I do not remember exactly. It seems to me that he was somehow attached to the wall of the tent. Wetted whether with tea, or saliva - and frozen.

– Were there drawings in this combat sheet? What was written there? Tell in detail about this leaflet.
– There were no drawings. I did not read what was in it. I remembered that it was written "Tasks for tomorrow." They wrote with pencil. It was obvious that they wrote in field conditions. Pencil in some places broke through the paper. The handwriting was so uneven. As if written on a knee.

Manti:
There were no "tasks for tomorrow" in Evening Otorten though. So what is Potyazhenko talking about?

KFinn:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on February 06, 2021, 05:43:09 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Here is the information you need.  Go to Factual Information.  Then Material Modern.  Then Publications / Media, and scroll down to Potyazhenko - Interview.  And you will find what he said which I have copied below. I think this information is extremely important but its been overlooked for some reason.

Tent. You said you looked into the tent. How? Through the entrance, through the incision?
– Through the cut. It was almost all open. Like a torn rag. I raised a cut and looked.

– What did you see in the tent?
– There was no order in the tent. They were changing their clothes in the corners. One could see things in groups, frozen pieces of bread lay around, it seems there was a can of meat. At the entrance I saw a piece of paper. Named Combat Leaflet. I was surprised, just like in the army - a combat sheet.

– How was it located in the tent, attached to a wall or lying around?
– I do not remember exactly. It seems to me that he was somehow attached to the wall of the tent. Wetted whether with tea, or saliva - and frozen.

– Were there drawings in this combat sheet? What was written there? Tell in detail about this leaflet.
– There were no drawings. I did not read what was in it. I remembered that it was written "Tasks for tomorrow." They wrote with pencil. It was obvious that they wrote in field conditions. Pencil in some places broke through the paper. The handwriting was so uneven. As if written on a knee.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, kindly!  I've been chasing that lead for awhile, just trying to find valid info on where it was found...I don't know how I've missed this interview. I shall go read!!!

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Manti on February 06, 2021, 07:48:17 PM ---There were no "tasks for tomorrow" in Evening Otorten though. So what is Potyazhenko talking about?

--- End quote ---

Well he never read the newspaper. But he said that that was written on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version