Factual Information > Events before the incident

Team Dyatlov's division of labor (esp. watch duty)?

<< < (4/4)

RMK:

--- Quote from: WAB on November 29, 2020, 03:17:03 PM ---What is written by Grigoriev should be understood in this way:
- this fragment concerns only overnight stays in forestless zone. In the forest the practice of duty officers is quite different.

--- End quote ---
I would ask how the practice of duty officers is different in the forest, but unfortunately WAB has said his farewell to this forum.

--- Quote from: WAB on November 29, 2020, 03:17:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Naufragia on November 25, 2020, 04:07:50 AM ---I also have not found anything in the primary source documents on the main site attesting to the strength of Dubinina's commitment to Communism, just references on this forum and elsewhere on the web to secondary sources which appear to be quoting people who knew her.

--- End quote ---

You will not be able find it. Because it is bad myth, created either because people do not understand it at all, or for the purpose of political propaganda. It is necessary know and understand well everything that was related to the youth of that time, so that you can say something truthful.
In the largest number of student youth then in events such as travel, at least something used from politics. They could make jokes about something on this subject (as in their handwritten sheet) or write something about the party's congress on paper in order to let their comrades out of work at the right time. But that was the end of it. They had many other natural hobbies to pursue politics. All this I say because I saw everything in the real life of that time, not because I read somewhere in unreliable source.

--- End quote ---
I'm glad WAB answered this question!

--- Quote from: Manti on November 29, 2020, 03:14:32 AM ---It's hard to imagine they wanted to sleep without a source of heat.

The temperature would be at best a few degrees above what it was outside, even under blankets. And apparently they didn't use sleeping bags?

Sunrise would be around 9am, I don't think they wanted to spend 15 hours in -15C or lower (in fact much lower at night, but they might not have been aware of that).
The body produces much less heat while stationary/asleep.

Anyway, the temperature within the tent was comparable to a freezer. It amounts to suicide going to sleep there, no? twitch7

--- End quote ---
Take a look at Akselrod's testimony in the case files.  Dyatlov had previously gone on a winter trek to the Subpolar Urals that Akselrod led, and they had camped in exposed positions four times that expedition.  Dyatlov knew it could be done, because he'd done it before.

RMK:
I recently re-read this thread: https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=245.0 .  I had forgotten that WAB posted in it a few times to explain some details about the hikers' overnight routine on nights when they deployed the stove.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: RMK on December 28, 2020, 11:52:02 AM ---I recently re-read this thread: https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=245.0 .  I had forgotten that WAB posted in it a few times to explain some details about the hikers' overnight routine on nights when they deployed the stove.

--- End quote ---

But we dont know if any routine was adhered to. And on the supposedly last night in the Tent there was no Stove set up.

RMK:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on December 28, 2020, 06:12:18 PM ---But we dont know if any routine was adhered to. And on the supposedly last night in the Tent there was no Stove set up.

--- End quote ---
Well, sure, but it provides informative context nonetheless.

KFinn:
I'm always late to the party!

It was mentioned in one of the diaries that those on duty over night are the ones who keep the stove safe from burning the tent down or going out, they also get up, get the fire going for breakfast and make the call to get everyone out of bed.  I think they all decided they should be up and packed in 8 minutes or something but that that didn't really happen, lol. 

Someone else talked about how usual SOP was that two people would clear the ground while two other got the branches to lay the tent on, one or two people would be gathering wood, starting a fire and cooking while the others finished constructing the tent and getting it settled inside.   This time that was done, food should be ready. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version