Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The radioactive trace on the Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 12:28:01 PM »
Another clever saying lol2
General Discussion / Re: The exhumation is not Semyon Zolotarev
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 12:26:02 PM »
Can we know the approximate height of the skeleton and the exact height of Zolo?

Have you seen Semyon Zolotaryov's height recorded anywhere?
https://dyatlovpass.com/semyon-zolotaryov

Was he not a soldier?  Did he not have an ID card? Forgive my innocence, but I thought it would be an easy thing.
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 11:29:02 AM »
Alexey Rakitin is a pen-name of a group of people who started with science fiction like "Cossacks in Space"
They wrote that Zolotaryov had golden teeth which he obviously doesn't.
« Last post by Arjan on Today at 11:14:55 AM »
50 % or less of the answer to the question: 'Can we know the approximate height of the skeleton and the exact height of Zolo?'

The autopsy report of the body who had been investigated under the name of 'Aleksander Alekseevich Zolotaryov', states:

'Findings after the removal of the clothes: the body is male of satisfactory nutrition and proper constitution with a length of 172 cm'

After studying this case for more than 5 years, reading most material available, and following discussions on facebook groups and Dyatlovpass.com,

I am not fully convinced that it has been Semyon who had been investigated by the coroner.

If the description about Semyon in the work or the journalist collective Aleksej Rakitin is correct, than Semyon has very probably been a person with disguises.

Next to this during several stages of the Great War, it had been not hard for soldiers to shift identity by taken identity papers of companions (e.g. who had died).
Source: Schlechter, Brandon M., The Stuff of Soldiers - A History of the Red Army in World War II through Objects.

Last remarks from my side:

1. the dead body on the table of the coroner under the name of Semyon may have been a local guide: this local guide had known the source in the ravine. He had guided Lyudmila and Thibo to this source for fetching water.
Hint: the tattoos on his arm

2. the person Semyon as described by Aleksej Rakitin had easily been able to survive the night for 7 group members, by staying in the tent together with Zina and Rustem. The next morning he may have returned in the track made by the group before: in this manner, no trace of his return had been visible in the snow, except for a very well trained local person
« Last post by Axelrod on Today at 09:12:50 AM »
It was Nature, not Man made radioactive substances that precipitated the tragedy.
With the same success we can say - my wife did not cheat on me!
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 09:08:17 AM »
Plus the autopsy report matches the filings/ crowns on upper and lower jaw with the exhumed skull.

On the right side of the upper jaw there are two dental crowns and a tooth of white metal; on the lower jaw there are four dental crowns of white metal

This is photographed on the exhumed skull.
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 07:45:17 AM »
The teeth in the lower jaw match the postmortem photo with the exhumed skull ?.

They have a very distinct pattern. I would say it's the same person.

« Last post by Teddy on Today at 07:43:51 AM »
Can we know the approximate height of the skeleton and the exact height of Zolo?

Have you seen Semyon Zolotaryov's height recorded anywhere?
https://dyatlovpass.com/semyon-zolotaryov
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 07:17:02 AM »
" Soap bubble", a clever use of the language. I like it. A geiger counter was at hand. Why not use it, if for no other reason than to pass a few idle moments, or appear to be thorough? Then again, by using the detector on human remains, it is natural for someone in authority to question why. That, in and of itself, produces answers and poses a question which is going to make things worse for all concerned. Even now, six decades later, the soap bubble has not popped. It was Nature, not Man made radioactive substances that precipitated the tragedy.
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 07:01:48 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10