Theories Discussion > Yeti / Snowman

Exploring The Yeti Theory

(1/112) > >>

Star man:
The Yeti theory is definitely one that is controversial.  There are many skeptics out there (including myself) but there are also many people who are convinced that they are real.

It is true that there is currently no objective scientific evidence to support their existence.  But it is also common for well established scientific beliefs to be proven wrong also.  In the study and exploration of the solar system almost every heavenly body has revealed surprises that were unexpected or difficult to explain.  Sometimes it is those who are prepared to challenge common understanding that push the frontier of science and knowledge forward.

I want to use this topic to explore the yeti theory in an objective way.

Regards

Star man

gypsy:
If we take objective view, my problem with yeti theory is that it requires a proof of its existence, let alone presence at the specific place and time, which multiplies the denominator of probability by a large margin and pushes it far from any 'realistic' theory.

To put it bluntly, compared do military or murder theory, there is one more level of proof needed. I don't need to prove the existence of Soviet soldiers or people with violent intent when we discuss the latter. Their presence remains to be proved or dismissed though.

sarapuk:
We can explore the YETI THEORY. It may take time though. We dont have much to go on regarding the Dyatlov Incident. We could use Incidents from the past to compare Events. Stories of strange creatures and legends and reports of witnesses sightings etc.

Star man:

--- Quote from: gypsy on July 08, 2019, 08:10:06 AM ---If we take objective view, my problem with yeti theory is that it requires a proof of its existence, let alone presence at the specific place and time, which multiplies the denominator of probability by a large margin and pushes it far from any 'realistic' theory.

To put it bluntly, compared do military or murder theory, there is one more level of proof needed. I don't need to prove the existence of Soviet soldiers or people with violent intent when we discuss the latter. Their presence remains to be proved or dismissed though.

--- End quote ---

Hi Gypsy,

I understand the problem that you outline.  But the denominator might not be significantly greater than the other theories when comparing the motives.  Yes the military and or the potential for murderes "definitely exist".  But thie pass is an extremely remote area, and the weather was really bad.  Apart from the signs of the Mansi and a hunter the group did not see any other people on their trek, even in good weather and daylight.  What is the probability that the military or murderes new where they were AND that the probability that they would take the opportunity to attack them at night in severe weather?  Also, what is the probability that said killers would allow the group to wander off down the slope, (some with shoes and relatively warm clothing)?  What is the probability that the killers would allow some of the group to take knives and matches and flashlights with them?  What would the motive be for such an attack?

On the other hand how would a Yeti know they were there - smell, noise.
What would a Yeti be doing there - it's natural habitat
Why would a Yeti attack them - curiosity and territorial protection.
If they did cut their way through the side of the tent why would they do this to evade humans?  It would be pointless.

The group left the camp site in a hurry - Rustem left before he finished putting his boots on.
There appears to have been a significant and immediate threat to life that night.  Something scary enough to force them all away from their life boat the tent.

Yes - all of the above is subject to question too.  I am simply suggesting that the probabilities might not  be as far away as expected.

Regards

Star man

Star man:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on July 08, 2019, 03:44:33 PM ---We can explore the YETI THEORY. It may take time though. We dont have much to go on regarding the Dyatlov Incident. We could use Incidents from the past to compare Events. Stories of strange creatures and legends and reports of witnesses sightings etc.

--- End quote ---

Hi Srarpuk,

Past eye witness accounts and stories would be useful.  Do you know of any?  Of course it will take time thrash this one out.

Regards

Star man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version