Theories Discussion > Murdered

Mansi Hypothesis

<< < (2/2)

Manti:
"Sori" might indeed mean pass (basing this on the distant linguistic relation between Finnish and Mansi).

But "Purlakhtym"? What is the source for this?

Charles:

--- Quote ---name
Purlakhtym-Sori
description
Mansi Пурлахтым-Сори means “Pass for Sacrifices”.
--- End quote ---

First map on the page : https://dyatlovpass.com/maps

Mansi also had "sacred lakes" were the used to drown victims. All sacred lake are filled with victims, whatever the culture and continent.

Manti:
Now that I was thinking about all this, I remembered that one of the Mansi allegedly made a joke about "sacrificing a Russian baby", but nobody laughed. And also I have read in the interview with the modern Mansi rapper, that he had been told by his grandfather that at the bear ceremony, he has to dance on the dead bear.... Hmm, and we have victims with broken ribcages.....

Charles:

--- Quote from: Manti on February 18, 2022, 08:32:48 PM ---Now that I was thinking about all this, I remembered that one of the Mansi allegedly made a joke about "sacrificing a Russian baby", but nobody laughed.
--- End quote ---

Yes, child sacrifice is the most common, whatever the culture, with special interest for orphans and disabled children.

--- Quote from: Manti on February 18, 2022, 08:32:48 PM ---And also I have read in the interview with the modern Mansi rapper, that he had been told by his grandfather that at the bear ceremony, he has to dance on the dead bear.... Hmm, and we have victims with broken ribcages.....
--- End quote ---

Interesting, but nine human victims for a one sacrifice implies a very big community attending the ceremony. It is more plausible to consider a forbidden rite with one victim and the Mansi in panic when understanding the hikers were heading straight into the sacrificial ground. It is useless to kill a victim if ritual conditions are not gathered: there is always a set of rigorous prescriptions to follow for the sacrifice to be successful. For example, does Mansi rite asked for the victim to be a exposed during a specified time... Was there in the surroundings the equivalent of the shrine found close to the tent :

but with a human victim under a branch shelter ?Someting like that :

In that case, the Mansi send a man with a sledge-deer to clean the scene before the arrival of the Russian. "Up to now we are following a Mansi trail on which not so long passed a hunter with deer.", "Yesterday it seems we stumbled upon his resting stop.Deer didn't go any further. The hunter took the beaten trail by himself, we are following in his steps."... dated January 31, they were already deep in the Taïga... And these sentences are very strange: "Deer didn't go any further. The hunter took the beaten trail by himself"... Did the Mansi killed his reindeer of exhaustion ? And then left the carcass behind ? Rushing now on his skis ? Why such a hurry ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version