April 19, 2024, 07:58:18 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: New Book on Dyatlov Pass Coming Up  (Read 8777 times)

December 18, 2020, 10:17:29 AM
Read 8777 times

Teddy

Administrator
Courtesy: Ruptly
Kudos to Mr. Skeptic and A. Bohlen from "Three Camps at the Fireside"

We are starting our journey to Mt. Otorten. Upon arrival at the fateful pass, we will tell you what stopped the Dyatlov group in their tracks.

Мы начинаем наш поход к горе Отортен. Добравшись до рокового перевала, мы расскажем, какая сила прервала путь группы Дятлова.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:29:37 PM by Teddy »

December 18, 2020, 10:18:17 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
Dear comrades,

I am coming out with a book. Here are a couple of words before I dive back into the chapters, because it is a real mystery how I am going to finish by February 1 as desired. Since I haven't read a book that I like on the subject I thought for all the years involved in the case that publishing information on the web is the way to help solve this case. I diligently collected, translated, promoted, and did everything in my power to broaden the volume of information accessible to the English speaking world. I didn't do it for publicity and I have no advertising, but it is biblical that if you build it they will come. More people with information will come to me. And they did. Secretly I hoped that it will dawn on me some revelation, or I will come across a piece of information that will crack the case. You know that this is not how it goes, every piece of information comes with strings attached and already in a context of a theory. I have always been careful to present the information aside of the theories it comes with. You know that I don't like any of the existing theories. When Discovery Channel told me I must have a theory, I honestly said what I knew best - Zolotaryov came out of the tent to take photos, called the rest to look at the sky and someone confronted and ordered them down to die from exposure. This is not a theory, this is just... you know, instead talking of UFO and Yeti. But it is not a theory, it doesn't explain anything. At the time I said I would even wear the Yeti costume, just to take me to the pass. I wanted to go really bad. I was living a careless life back then, solving the case was all in the future. I was doing well, I was going to the Urals.

Part II - Something shifted inside me while on the pass. I was not preoccupied with logistics, equipment, footage, it was all taken care of by the best professionals, both camera crew and Russian support. I had time to observe and think. Something was awfully wrong with this place, with this case, it just couldn't have happened like that. No one, I mean there is no way one would choose this particular location to pitch a tent, to go down, then to try to go up again, it is insane. It didn't happen like that. I, the world's foremost expert on the Dyatlov Pass incident have never been so humbled and bewildered. Something was not right. The feeling you have when looking at a face with mirrored halves.

Part III - Then the solution of the case was brought to me on a silver platter. My efforts paid off. It was worth it. Suddenly all made sense. I thought that's it, I am free, we are free... but then I felt like the cat that swallowed the canary. Where do you turn, who do you tell, how do you introduce this theory, it is the labor of 10 years of thought process with 200 pages of information, more if you make it into a book. And this is without any visuals. Me, who considered books being a stiff and egoistic format for this subject, I suggested a book. I thought since we have the solution to the case agents will jump on it. They did... only - change the title, change the topic, write it differently, call everything differently, you are not published, get someone famous for co-author... What does it matter for a case that has been cold for 61 years? I tried to find an agent for a year, and in October I decided we are going to publish independently on February 1, 2021. To me it is more important to get the theory and information out. Why not just publish it on the site? How can I make you read through 300 pages (with the maps, and we are not talking maps of the trek only, other maps about something going on at that time) in some order, to sink in what happened? It is very important to read all of it to understand, because the how, the who and the why are very unbalanced to relate to. What was difficult till now to explain - how did they die is a slam dunk. For what happened next you need to read some documents that you haven't seen before and use your judgment. I am not going to regurgitate this information for you. You need to read it and make sense. I can not make it easier for you. Usually when people pay for a book they tend to read it cover to cover. For example a key piece of information is in this article. How many of you have read it? It is one of the first articles I translated. The book uses more than 50 sources of a similar difficulty to read. At least now we are going to point to you what to look for in these documents. A lot of the facts are known but not put in the right context.

Part IV - I won't be able to participate in the discussions before the book comes out. Wish me luck to be able to put together as much as I can. It is colossal work. As a way to divert some of the stress I am going to keep a web container dedicated to the book and have a section for each chapter to bring more information and what we couldn't fit in the book. If something seems hard to understand you will have a lifeline, references I that I will update every time a new fact is added, or a question asked.

Now I really have to go back to the snowdrift of unfinished chapters.

Happy Holidays everyone! My wish for the New 2021 Year is to publish the book.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:55:09 PM by Teddy »

December 18, 2020, 12:35:10 PM
Reply #2

RMK

Exciting news!  I'm looking forward to your book, Teddy.

December 18, 2020, 01:28:43 PM
Reply #3

Nigel Evans

I did read most of the article! But it seemed inconclusive? Fireorbs, atomics, this or that etc.

December 18, 2020, 01:40:41 PM
Reply #4

Teddy

Administrator
I did read most of the article! But it seemed inconclusive? Fireorbs, atomics, this or that etc.

I know you did, I was not referring to you. It is all difficult to read. But still how do you solve a case? No one tells you what's important and what not. the interviews are usually all over the place, that is true. But she worked at the morgue at the time of the events. Doesn't this count for something?

December 18, 2020, 02:01:52 PM
Reply #5

Nigel Evans

I know you did, I was not referring to you. It is all difficult to read. But still how do you solve a case? No one tells you what's important and what not. the interviews are usually all over the place, that is true. But she worked at the morgue at the time of the events. Doesn't this count for something?
First best wishes for the book.
Well Askenadzi was really there but seems to conflict with the case files (bodies 1m from den vs 6m in the case files), it was 60 years ago is one thought. I can't remember things i did last week never mind a lifetime ago.

Secondly she was only there, not in charge of all events so that can give a quite partial view.
On the other hand, Okishev states that Ivanov was ordered to doctor the case files so we cannot place full trust in them either.

That there is no source of truth is part of the mystery.

December 18, 2020, 02:05:40 PM
Reply #6

GKM

Indeed it does count for something, Teddy. This interview is all over the place but she never waivers about THAT part of it.

December 18, 2020, 10:28:10 PM
Reply #7

Morski

Teddy,  I wish you all the strenght you need, and all the focus, to get your book done in time 📖
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

December 19, 2020, 12:33:10 PM
Reply #8

mk

I'm so excited to read your book, Teddy.  I've read the interview with Solter many times because it bothers me quite a bit.  It seems everyone is ignoring what she is actually saying--even the people with her at the time seem to be trying to "explain away" her words.  (In my experience, old people don't forget things that happened in their youth--they are more likely to forget things that happened last month; I can't discount her words just because she's old.)  I'm so glad you will be helping us understand it all better. 

As a matter of fact, I would prefer to read 200-300 pages in a book than online.  Somehow I navigate books better.  It's easier to flip between pages to refer back to things read earlier.  I look forward to February 1st!

December 19, 2020, 01:11:37 PM
Reply #9

Teddy

Administrator
Thank you, thank you all.

December 19, 2020, 03:01:53 PM
Reply #10

MDGross

Very exciting announcement, Teddy. If you're not the foremost Dyatlov Pass Incident expert in the world, then you are in the top two or three for sure. Everything I've learned about this endlessly baffling event, I've learned from the web site you created and have so tirelessly nurtured. One lesson I've learned is that the Soviet authorities were experts at obfuscation, contradiction and false information. If you want to hide the truth, then create a maze that has only dead ends and no way out. But if you somehow navigated this maze and found a solution, then you have done a truly remarkable job. I can't wait to dig into your book.

December 19, 2020, 04:50:08 PM
Reply #11

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Good luck with the book.  I've read the article several times myself.  There are several clear divergences from the case files.  But which are key?  I guess the answers will be in the book.

Regards

Star man

December 19, 2020, 09:53:05 PM
Reply #12

Teddy

Administrator
First of all I seem to have underestimated my audience. If you have read this article, no matter what did you retain, then the book will be right up your alley.

There are several clear divergences from the case files.  But which are key?
The six bodies of hikers that she prepared for burial before the Dyatlov group was missing of course. This is the elephant in the room.
This is what Solter is famous for. People are discarding her words as a nonsense because it is too weird. But for us it is a building stone.
It has been thoroughly researched that there was no other group that died anyplace close to Ivdel in that period of time.

I guess the answers will be in the book.

Yes, this was the cat that swallowed the canary hiccup.

December 20, 2020, 04:04:26 AM
Reply #13

GKM

I read this article long before I joined this forum. I read it many times and again after Teddy's post about the book.It always struck me how adamant she was that she prepared the group for burial..but I finally dismissed her story. It went against everything we thought we knew, everything we were told. I can hardly wait for the book. Good luck, Teddy. By the way, an excellent quote from Toni Morrison, one of my country's greatest writers. Thanks for that.

December 20, 2020, 04:25:25 PM
Reply #14

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
First of all I seem to have underestimated my audience. If you have read this article, no matter what did you retain, then the book will be right up your alley.

There are several clear divergences from the case files.  But which are key?
The six bodies of hikers that she prepared for burial before the Dyatlov group was missing of course. This is the elephant in the room.
This is what Solter is famous for. People are discarding her words as a nonsense because it is too weird. But for us it is a building stone.
It has been thoroughly researched that there was no other group that died anyplace close to Ivdel in that period of time.

I guess the answers will be in the book.

Yes, this was the cat that swallowed the canary hiccup.

Yeah,  there are several things that point in the same direction.  If her account is true, (and she does seem lucid enough in the transcript), then your book will be really interesting.  Especially if you have additional corroborating evidence.  It would explain the cuts in the tent, the flashlight at the tent, the missing knife, and a big frustration for me, the lack of detailed forensic analysis of the foot prints.

Regards

Star man

December 20, 2020, 06:42:26 PM
Reply #15

RidgeWatcher

Teddy, I am breathless with anticipation. Reread for hours today which was quite enjoyable. I knew this could be solved in our lifetime. I feel like solving this would only help to honor the Dyatlov Pass hikers, all of them including Yuri Yudin.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:37:13 PM by RidgeWatcher »

December 23, 2020, 08:17:33 AM
Reply #16

eurocentric

Look forward to the book.

I know it will use all manner of research material, but to comment on the linked article, which I hadn't seen before, they don't strike me as an entirely reliable pair, given their ages. She has always insisted there were 11 hikers, including a second girl found days after the first, with charred hair and burnt sleeve, and even told Yuri Yudin this when he wrote to her, and he was part of the group. So unless two random people joined the group after Vizhay she must surely have her half century recollections of washing bodies mixed up.

And I'm not sure if she's trying to imply the bodies were contaminated in some way, by numerous references to them being very dirty, but that is not what we see in the recovery photo's, at least of the first 5, and if she had washed contaminants away she removed the evidence and was potentially exposed to danger, yet survived into ripe old age.

He's much more effusive, but uses a crib sheet to prompt his answers, and gets annoyed when asked something he hasn't prewritten.

My Christmas present to conspiracists - #5 in this photo looks like Lyuda.  shock1

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 12:06:24 AM by Teddy »

December 23, 2020, 08:25:30 AM
Reply #17

Teddy

Administrator
My Christmas present to conspiracists - #5 in this photo looks like Lyuda.

You mean Zina.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:39:01 AM by Teddy »

December 23, 2020, 08:36:09 AM
Reply #18

eurocentric

I thought Lyuda, even though it's the wrong hair colour, but now you say it, it could well be Zina too. I need a conspiracist to help explain this, possibly that they grew versatile looking specimens from early stem cell research there, to be deployed as body doubles, dead or alive.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:39:16 AM by Teddy »

December 23, 2020, 02:56:30 PM
Reply #19

marieuk

I'm so pleased you are writing a book and can't wait for it to be published.  Wish you all the best with it.  That's an interesting interview and opens up all sort of possibilities and scenarios.  One thing that puzzles me is how all of them could have got so dirty on a mountain in the snow, if that part of it is true?  Obviously living in the UK I know very little of snowy mountains.

December 23, 2020, 03:17:46 PM
Reply #20

Nigel Evans

I thought Lyuda, even though it's the wrong hair colour, but now you say it, it could well be Zina too. I need a conspiracist to help explain this, possibly that they grew versatile looking specimens from early stem cell research there, to be deployed as body doubles, dead or alive.

Apart from it's the wrong hair colour and the face looks nothing like Lyuda, you're right on target.

January 05, 2021, 03:39:30 AM
Reply #21

itWasTheCIA

I'm really looking forward to this book. I completely agree, reading books from cover to cover is much better than to click from article to article.

Do you use the help of others, for e.g. proofreading, translation, layouting, ...?

And did I get that right that you got 306 submissions that guess the title of your book and exactly 1 that got it right? Seems like you picked exactly the right difficulty.  thumb1