Theories Discussion > General Discussion

how did they start the fire

<< < (2/11) > >>

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: tenne on February 26, 2021, 01:58:18 PM ---when we light a winter fire, we use a lot of accelerant. Green wood doesn't burn, wet wood doesn't burn. The only way to tell the difference on cedar is to snap the branches, if it breaks it will burn. So in the middle of the night, with frozen hands they not only managed to light matches, which isn't easy with cold hands, but also find wood. I just find that very strange

--- End quote ---

Very Strange ! ?  Their hands showed signs of Frostbite etc. The Fire was probably alight for at least an hour. At least one of the Dyatlov Group had climbed the Cedar Tree.

tenne:
Yes, it is very strange. which is why I think it was faked. When the facts don't match the scene, one or the other is wrong. There was a fire, that seems to be a fact, so my conclusion is they didn't start it. I am open to idea on how it got started but having done winter camping, it isn't as easy as lighting one in the summer, in the daytime, with accelerant

Manti:
I have never used "accelerant" but yes if the wood is living or wet, it's almost impossible to ignite. Wax from a candle can help but they didn't have candles. They had newspaper though which might help at the start, but still, must have been very hard. I don't think it would have been impossible because they managed to start fires on previous evenings as well.

tenne:
Yes, but those fires were planned, I'm sure they had kindling with them, newspaper etc and some dry wood to catch once it was lit. Making a fire under those circumstances isn't as hard, but the accelerant helps (and is fun)

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: tenne on February 26, 2021, 05:03:50 PM ---Yes, it is very strange. which is why I think it was faked. When the facts don't match the scene, one or the other is wrong. There was a fire, that seems to be a fact, so my conclusion is they didn't start it. I am open to idea on how it got started but having done winter camping, it isn't as easy as lighting one in the summer, in the daytime, with accelerant

--- End quote ---

According to my googling North American cedar isn't actually cedar at all but of the Cypress family. Proper cedar is Mediterranean only don't know about North Asian cedar. If anyone could light a fire it would be Semyon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version