Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

My culprit - Thermobaric bombs dropped on the group on purpose

<< < (3/9) > >>

Star man:

--- Quote from: Dominov on January 15, 2019, 01:56:14 AM ---
--- Quote ---But why would the Dyatlov Group have been allowed to go into an area where weapons testing took place, or was a secret off limits area  !  ?  That would not make much sense.
--- End quote ---

Assuming they weren't allowed to enter this area we must think from the point of view of Russian people living in the time of the Cold War. Everything was a war zone. Military was everywhere. Everything was restricted and top secret. Military was nothing unusual but a daily setting people were used to. There were so many stop and danger signs everywhere. Dyatlov didn't want to fall behind schedule. So he decided to bypass the restricted area. He thought that this restriction would only apply for the pass not the entire area behind it. So they naively entered a test site for thermobaric air bombs. And anyway, who would open fire with such weather conditions? Noone saw them setting foot on the slope of the Dead Mountain. The were hidden behind stormy drifts of snow. And noone saw them pitching up their tent. But eventually the storm subsided.

Then the first test bomb was launched toward the slope of the Dead Mountain. People inside the tent were undressing and preparing for the night. The bomb explodes 50 meters above ground but too far away from the tent to do real damage. First the Djatlow gourp heard a massive bang followed by a shockwave. Panic. It was hard to breathe because the bomb absorbed a lot of air. Shock and awe effect. Now they knew they were in the middle of a military test site. They had to leave this place immediately. Next bomb detonates. No time to put on shoes. No time to plan the descent. No time to grab the Finnish knives. They began their descend to the next safe place: The forest where they were protected from the wind and the frostiness.

Now the miltary saw them hasting down the slope. Who were they, what were they up to? Spies? Witnesses of a secret military test? Trespassers! Noone had told them about the ski tourists passing through that area. Did Dyatlov even hand in the route? And anyway, who cared about some students wandering through a godforsaken region at the back of beyond? It was the time of the Cold War. Tensions were extremly high. Military staff was under extreme pressure. The commanding officer decided that these people had to eliminated. I have described what happened next.

--- Quote --- If they were threatened by something, they would not go back to the tent.
--- End quote ---
Maybe Kolmogorava didn't want to go back to the tent. She probably wanted the attackers to cease fire, waving and shouting. She was under shock after Doroschenko and Krivonischenko died. Slobodin followed her. But he was injured and died. Djatlov moved between the cedar, the ravine and also wanted to help Slobodin and Kolmogorova. He was terribly exhausted.

Why do I think that other theories do not explain the incident.

Avalanche? Never. I come from the Swiss mountains. I know under which circumstances avalanches go down. Never on that slightly inclined slope of the Dead Mountain. The bombs may have caused some snow slabs. But nothing spectacular.

Aliens? Oh well.... Slaughter some tourists for fun? Predators?

KGB/CIA? Some bullets would have done the job.

Infrarsound. Yes you might be scared. But that won't make you ran out in your certain death.

Gravity fluctuations? People fly? That has never been observed. If that ever happens, may God be with us.

Yeti, Menk? 7 guys, three finnish knives. Doroschenko who put a bear to fiight on another tour? There is a chance that they are cryptids but why should they attack people if they managed to stay away from cameras and curious glances for so long.

Ball Lightning? They would have to be intelligent to get all nine people in a row. I don't think so.

Winterstorm and lightnings? Hmmm, would you seek shelter under trees or rather in a ravine? Ravine... The probabilty of being hit by a lightning is not very high and lightnings cause very characteristic injuries. The lightning would not hit the ravine if there are plenty of trees standing around.

regards

Dominov

--- End quote ---

Ivanov stated that the scorch marks on the trees were not symmetrical. Almost like a beam had hit them.

Why wasn’t tent destroyed?

What is equivalent TNT yields of these devices and shock wave characteristics?

Why was Kolevatov hugging Semyon when found?

I think you need a better explanation for why the three on the slope went back to the tent given the danger

Dominov:

--- Quote ---Ivanov stated that the scorch marks on the trees were not symmetrical. Almost like a beam had hit them.
--- End quote ---

I guess the thermobaric weapons were far from being perfect and very experimental. Not all chemicals exploded, some drops just caught fire burning flesh. Many burnings were found on the bodies and even burned hair (Doroschenko). I don't think he incinerated his hair in the camp fire. He was burned sitting in the tree.

The scorch marks were assymetrical? Did he notice that from the ground or from the air?
Can you elaborate on this? Why didn't they take pictures of this marks???

--- Quote ---What is equivalent TNT yields of these devices and shock wave characteristics?
--- End quote ---
I don't know. Pretty lethal.

--- Quote ---Why was Kolevatov hugging Semyon when found?
--- End quote ---
I don't know. By accident? A last hug before you die? The attempt of protecting him?

--- Quote ---I think you need a better explanation for why the three on the slope went back to the tent given the danger.
--- End quote ---
I can't explain everything ;) You know, there was a deadly threat, people died, the survivors panicked, were shocked, exhausted, suffered from extreme cold and stopped acting rationally.

regards

Dominov

Star man:

--- Quote from: Dominov on January 15, 2019, 03:14:06 AM ---
--- Quote ---Ivanov stated that the scorch marks on the trees were not symmetrical. Almost like a beam had hit them.
--- End quote ---

I guess the thermobaric weapons were far from being perfect and very experimental. Not all chemicals exploded, some drops just caught fire burning flesh. Many burnings were found on the bodies and even burned hair (Doroschenko). I don't think he incinerated his hair in the camp fire. He was burned sitting in the tree.

The scorch marks were assymetrical? Did he notice that from the ground or from the air?
Can you elaborate on this? Why didn't they take pictures of this marks???

--- Quote ---What is equivalent TNT yields of these devices and shock wave characteristics?
--- End quote ---
I don't know. Pretty lethal.

--- Quote ---Why was Kolevatov hugging Semyon when found?
--- End quote ---
I don't know. By accident? A last hug before you die? The attempt of protecting him?

--- Quote ---I think you need a better explanation for why the three on the slope went back to the tent given the danger.
--- End quote ---
I can't explain everything ;) You know, there was a deadly threat, people died, the survivors panicked, were shocked, exhausted, suffered from extreme cold and stopped acting rationally.

regards

Dominov

--- End quote ---

I don’t know where Ivanov was standing when he saw the scorch marks but he did comment on them not being uniform.

There is a good section on this forum on shock wave characteristics under physiology of death. Have a look.

It appears that Kolevatov did not suffer significant injuries in ravine like the others so it’s difficult to explain shock wave there.

Personally I think the military test gone wrong is a good idea, but the difficult thing is pulling all the details together

Dominov:

--- Quote ---There is a good section on this forum on shock wave characteristics under physiology of death. Have a look.

It appears that Kolevatov did not suffer significant injuries in ravine like the others so it’s difficult to explain shock wave there.

Personally I think the military test gone wrong is a good idea, but the difficult thing is pulling all the details together

--- End quote ---

The injuries of a shockwave can differ depending on how it strikes the victims. Who was standing, who was sitting or laying on the floor? Kolevatov might just have been knocked out and died of hypothermia. I believe that there is only one cause of death for the rav4 although the injuries are quite different. And it's the same reason that made them leave their tent, walk 1.5 km downhill (a very long distance given these conditions) and take shelter under the cedar tree. Something was extremly dangerous. You couldn't fight it. First you could just wait for it to pass. But then this threat became aware of the Djatlov group and turned against them. For me this is a clear indication that humans were involved. And technology, human technology, weapon technology.

regards

Dominov

sarapuk:
Quoted from Dominov ;

[[  Assuming they weren't allowed to enter this area we must think from the point of view of Russian people living in the time of the Cold War. Everything was a war zone. Military was everywhere. Everything was restricted and top secret. Military was nothing unusual but a daily setting people were used to. There were so many stop and danger signs everywhere. Dyatlov didn't want to fall behind schedule. So he decided to bypass the restricted area. He thought that this restriction would only apply for the pass not the entire area behind it. So they naively entered a test site for thermobaric air bombs. And anyway, who would open fire with such weather conditions? Noone saw them setting foot on the slope of the Dead Mountain. The were hidden behind stormy drifts of snow. And noone saw them pitching up their tent. But eventually the storm subsided.  ]]

Everything was not a war zone during The Cold War.  Military was not everywhere. Not everything was restricted and top secret. I hardly think that a distance of a mile or so would be considered a safe distance for people if such weapons were being tested. Therefore your theory is highly unlikely.  The Dyatlov Group were well organised.  What they encountered was probably something extraordinary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version