Theories Discussion > Yeti / Snowman

Evening Otorten №1

<< < (9/10) > >>

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: UJ on February 18, 2019, 02:32:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Puchiko on February 18, 2019, 02:17:41 PM ---Here's a picture of the sled.

--- End quote ---

I thought that was Uncle Slava's sled?  Maybe that's my confusion.  I was thinking that Kolevatov put together something a bit smaller that could have been reasonably expected to be pulled by hikers (more like, a few smooth logs as runners, and rope).  I guess that's the joke of why it's no good for the hikers to pull it themselves.

--- End quote ---

But do really think that they would play around in the snow given the known weather conditions and Diary entries  !  ? 

UJ:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on February 18, 2019, 05:14:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Puchiko on February 18, 2019, 02:17:41 PM ---Here's a picture of the sled.

--- End quote ---

I thought that was Uncle Slava's sled?  Maybe that's my confusion.  I was thinking that Kolevatov put together something a bit smaller that could have been reasonably expected to be pulled by hikers (more like, a few smooth logs as runners, and rope).  I guess that's the joke of why it's no good for the hikers to pull it themselves.

--- End quote ---

But do really think that they would play around in the snow given the known weather conditions and Diary entries  !  ?

--- End quote ---

Nope.

Nordlander:
Just a point of fact in response to speculation that Yuri Yudin may have been involved in some intrigue with the women: he was gay.

As far as standing guard while camping, outdoor survival skills in the 50s and all the way into the 70s when I learned then were based on WWII military practice. The "den" is pretty much a textbook standard. I remember standing guard not looking for any particular thing but because that was the way it was done. I have wondered, though, if the blurry photo was NOT of Tibo taking a pee but of someone they caught watching them in the woods. The blurriness suggests they snapped it quickly, and the man's position suggests he didn't want to be photographed. They joked about his being a Menk in "The Evening Otorten" to ease the tension and to laugh it off. But I have wondered whether they put the tent on a slope so they could have a view of something or someone they had been watching--or that they suspected of watching them.

Bear will come out of hibernation if they haven't consumed enough food for the winter, and they will start foraging. They are generally pretty dopey when they emerge, though.

Puchiko:

--- Quote from: Nordlander on March 30, 2019, 06:52:33 PM ---Just a point of fact in response to speculation that Yuri Yudin may have been involved in some intrigue with the women: he was gay.

--- End quote ---

Do we have a source for this :) ?

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: UJ on February 18, 2019, 08:17:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: sarapuk on February 18, 2019, 05:14:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nope.

--- End quote ---

The photos you have Posted are before they got to their final campsite  !  ?  Weather conditions may have deteriorated considerably by then  !  ? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version