Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

Measuring contamination on clothing - Table 2

<< < (3/3)

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Ryan on March 02, 2019, 08:54:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Star man on March 01, 2019, 03:21:18 PM ---I would have thought that if even if they found some evidence of radioactive contamination, then a much more extensive survey of the area and checks of all items would have been carried out. Not just a few clothes samples.  Again it's very strange.

I think Ryan has a good grasp of the technical subject so should be able to shed some light on the case files.

--- End quote ---

YES YES YES! That lab report raises more questions than it answers.

What about the other five's clothing? What about the tent? The soles of the boots they left behind? And the clothing they weren't wearing, stored in their backpacks? These are quick and easy things to test, assuming the items are still being held as evidence.

Then, I'd want to do a radiological survey of the site where the hikers were found. Is the land itself contaminated, and with what?

I don't know what else, if anything, was checked. Then again, I haven't dug into the source material beyond the radiation report. It's clear from Ivanov's order (p. 370) that Ivanov already knew the clothes were contaminated. How? What kind of radiological inspection had already been made?

But this assumes that the goal is to find the truth. It seems Ivanov was in a hurry to close the case.

Maybe they reached the limits of the resources that could be spent on the case. They found all the bodies. The radiation was not anywhere near enough to be a hazard or a cause of death. None showed obvious signs of being murdered by typical means. There were no suspects to investigate or prosecute. So maybe they had to move on.

And it's also possible that Ivanov was pressured to close the case, and possibly cover something up, hence the reason that further radiological testing may not have been done.

--- End quote ---

There are so many twists and turns in this Dyatlov Case. I and Iam sure many others are glad that you have made this very useful contribution, and keep it up. By digging deeper into the RADIATION aspect we can use the findings to try and make any LINK up with the other areas of Investigation. Some would say its a process of elimination. But with the Dyatlov Case we are dealing with one of the great mysteries of all time. How much do the Authorities still know today  !  ?  How much Information is missing  !  ?  Just getting into the Radiation aspect clearly shows A LOT OF INFORMATION IS MISSING.

Star man:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on March 02, 2019, 01:09:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Star man on March 01, 2019, 03:21:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: sarapuk on March 01, 2019, 12:53:26 PM ---What we really need to know is what were the READOUTS of the GEIGER COUNTERS used at the site of the Incident  !  ?  All we have, if it is correct, is what Ivanov said ; That the Geiger Counter went crazy around the camp.  Hardly a scientific report, is it  !  ?  Also why only BETA PARTICLES at the Laboratories  !  ?

--- End quote ---

I would have thought that if even if they found some evidence of radioactive contamination, then a much more extensive survey of the area and checks of all items would have been carried out. Not just a few clothes samples.  Again it's very strange.

I think Ryan has a good grasp of the technical subject so should be able to shed some light on the case files.

--- End quote ---

According to Ivanov, his Geiger Counter went crazy. And at some point scientists are supposedly involved with their Geiger Counters. If the area was sealed off for some time then maybe there was further Investigations going on  !  ?

--- End quote ---

Where in the case files does it say Ivanov Geiger counter went crazy around the camp site.  Don't remember reading that.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Star man on March 02, 2019, 03:54:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: sarapuk on March 01, 2019, 12:53:26 PM ---What we really need to know is what were the READOUTS of the GEIGER COUNTERS used at the site of the Incident  !  ?  All we have, if it is correct, is what Ivanov said ; That the Geiger Counter went crazy around the camp.  Hardly a scientific report, is it  !  ?  Also why only BETA PARTICLES at the Laboratories  !  ?

--- End quote ---

I would have thought that if even if they found some evidence of radioactive contamination, then a much more extensive survey of the area and checks of all items would have been carried out. Not just a few clothes samples.  Again it's very strange.

--- End quote ---

According to Ivanov, his Geiger Counter went crazy. And at some point scientists are supposedly involved with their Geiger Counters. If the area was sealed off for some time then maybe there was further Investigations going on  !  ?

--- End quote ---

Where in the case files does it say Ivanov Geiger counter went crazy around the camp site.  Don't remember reading that.

--- End quote ---

Apparently in 1990, 'Lev Ivanov', told a small Kazakh newspaper called 'Leninsky Put', in an interview, dug up by The Moscow Times.  As you know this is around about the time when many old records of the goings on in the former USSR started to appear on a regular basis.

Star man:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on March 02, 2019, 05:31:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Star man on March 02, 2019, 03:54:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Apparently in 1990, 'Lev Ivanov', told a small Kazakh newspaper called 'Leninsky Put', in an interview, dug up by The Moscow Times.  As you know this is around about the time when many old records of the goings on in the former USSR started to appear on a regular basis.

--- End quote ---

Ok thanks.

Regards

Star man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version