Theories Discussion > Avalanche

What about this theory?

<< < (6/7) > >>

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Star man on December 14, 2018, 08:42:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kopyrda on December 11, 2018, 08:23:49 AM ---

It's somewhat (I guess) similar to ice sled theory, only without an ice sled grin1
I don't know Russian, but I'm able to understand some of the things author was saying (I'm also a Slav). As far as I understand him, he thinks that the snow blown from the top of the mountain was gathering on the canvas of the tent. After some time, snow had become so heavy, that the ski pole (?) inside of the tent, that was supporting it broke, and canvas fell on the tourists. Damage some of them sustained came from the objects they were sleeping with. Zolotaryov had a camera laying on his chest, Dubinina roll of the film. Tibo was sleeping with his canteen under his head and it was supposed to be the source of his wound.

Personally, I find some issues with this theory. I rather don't believe that tourists sustained their wounds in the tent. Dubinina's wound was so heavy, that she probably wouldn't make it to the forest. Although I've read somewhere, that she could got her heart pierced later, by one her broken ribs, while she was putting on additional sweater.
Also, would the snow gathered on canvas be heavy enough to cause such damage to tourists? Also sounds doubtful. What are your thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I have slept in a tent that collapsed due to snow buildup. The sides sag in well before it collapses.  Also you are more likely to be smothered than injured.  And you would have to be tied up or paralized to be smothered I suspect.  I don’t think it’s particularly credible that this is what happened to them.  Even if it had there is no reason to leave camp site.

--- End quote ---

You hit the nail on the head here  ; Yes in any AVALANCHE situation you are more likely to be SMOTHERED than INJURED. Iam surprised that so many people still harp on about the AVALANCHE THEORY, when so many things point to it as being virtually impossible for an Avalanche of any sort  to be involved in the Dyatlov Mystery.

Wyndford:
I think the explanation that best fits what we know is a that an avalanche of snow or a build up of spindrift collapsed the tent during the night. The weight of snow held in the tent fabric would have dropped like a heavy sandbag and could easily have bashed in someone’s nose and cracked ribs.

Within the blink of an eye a nightmare scenario has developed. The tent door is blocked by snow and the occupants of the tent are in the dark and crushed under the tent’s fallen roof.  In a panic and perhaps fearing further snow collapses they cut their way out of the tent and pull everyone to safety losing socks and shoes in the process.

The simplest explanations are nearly always the best. All that is required is wind and snow and freezing temperatures and we had those in abundance on that fateful night. RIP.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Wyndford on May 24, 2020, 11:05:37 AM ---

Nothing simple about the Dyatlov Incident. There have been plenty of descriptions in this Forum to prove that an Avalanche of any kind could not have been responsible for the Dyatlov Group abandoning their Tent.
--- End quote ---

Morski:
Snow-wall collapsing theory was brought on the table before. There is a fully developed theory here:

https://taina.li/forum/index.php?topic=5623.0

You can translate with google chrome easily. As any other theory, it has weak points, but speculates about the events in a somehow reasonable manner.
Of course many people refuse to accept natural simplicity and keep dreaming about malicious yetis and chupacabras piloting fire orbs and occasionally killing hikers in the middle of nowhere.

Wyndford:
Yes, that site impressed me too. They did a lot of research and gave detailed explanations for some of the odd features of the case.
An avalanche, maybe a very localised one or a collapse of built up spindrift seems to me the likeliest explanation. Moses Axelrod, a very experienced hiker, who knew Igor and the area well and led the search teams thought it was an avalanche.  We can’t be sure, but I don't think we need to look much further than that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version