March 28, 2024, 04:26:36 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Don't Go To Dead Mountain  (Read 3635 times)

March 23, 2021, 03:51:12 AM
Read 3635 times

Jay

I am new to this forum though I have been really interested in this case for a few years now (a little over 4 years).

Has anyone seen the documentary on Youtube called "Don't go to Dead Mountain"? The link is and is also listed under "The Dyatlov Pass unsolved mystery" and is 1 hr 28 mins long. It is uncredited to a single person (unless I missed it) but the person/people involved in it seem to have done an incredible job with details (some that I had not heard before) such as the events leading up to the start of their trip to the Pass, the meals the 10 of them had before heading out, that vodka was on a shopping list but never purchased, the dynamics within the group, the tensions between them before they started their adventure, encounters with police on their way to the Ural mountains, the Mansi people advising the group against travelling to the "Dead Mountain", that there were five cameras and not four, that Igor Dyatlov purposely did not disclose to the rest of the group the real reason for the hiking trip and his lack of navigation equipment and maps, and much much more. The details are deep.

I am not going into what the narrator has detailed as his theory for the demise of the group and their injuries as I honestly will struggle to remember everything that was said in the documentary but I would like you guys to watch it. I saw it for the first time last night on Youtube after searching for various documentaries on the DPI and I settled for this one mainly because of the comments by viewers.

I will just say that it has nothing to do with Yetis, UFOs, infrasound, katabatic winds.

March 23, 2021, 08:52:24 AM
Reply #1

Jay

Apologies but just to make a clarification, I meant to say that the documentary mentioned above does not list Yetis, UFOs, infrasound, katabatic winds as being responsible for what happened at the Pass.

March 23, 2021, 03:24:16 PM
Reply #2

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I am new to this forum though I have been really interested in this case for a few years now (a little over 4 years).

Has anyone seen the documentary on Youtube called "Don't go to Dead Mountain"? The link is and is also listed under "The Dyatlov Pass unsolved mystery" and is 1 hr 28 mins long. It is uncredited to a single person (unless I missed it) but the person/people involved in it seem to have done an incredible job with details (some that I had not heard before) such as the events leading up to the start of their trip to the Pass, the meals the 10 of them had before heading out, that vodka was on a shopping list but never purchased, the dynamics within the group, the tensions between them before they started their adventure, encounters with police on their way to the Ural mountains, the Mansi people advising the group against travelling to the "Dead Mountain", that there were five cameras and not four, that Igor Dyatlov purposely did not disclose to the rest of the group the real reason for the hiking trip and his lack of navigation equipment and maps, and much much more. The details are deep.

I am not going into what the narrator has detailed as his theory for the demise of the group and their injuries as I honestly will struggle to remember everything that was said in the documentary but I would like you guys to watch it. I saw it for the first time last night on Youtube after searching for various documentaries on the DPI and I settled for this one mainly because of the comments by viewers.

I will just say that it has nothing to do with Yetis, UFOs, infrasound, katabatic winds.

I wasnt aware of this particular video. Its well done. The people responsible for it appear to be German. Its interesting that unliike many videos and even books and other articles it mentions the fact that there are no Autopsy photographs of Aleksander Kolevatov and Nikolay Thibeaux Brignolle.
DB

March 24, 2021, 02:41:03 AM
Reply #3

Jay

I wasnt aware of this particular video. Its well done. The people responsible for it appear to be German. Its interesting that unliike many videos and even books and other articles it mentions the fact that there are no Autopsy photographs of Aleksander Kolevatov and Nikolay Thibeaux Brignolle.
[/quote]

Makes one think, doesn't it.

I'm still not sure where the narrator has gotten all his information from but in the comments section of the video, most seem to be impressed by it, and many of these people/commenters seem to be knowledgeable of the DPI. For sure as time goes on, I will try to see how I can link much of the information in this video to other sources.

April 18, 2021, 11:49:02 AM
Reply #4

Manti

I have watched this just now... The pronunciations are atrocious ("Manzee", "Ortort'n" etc.), but also there is no theory put forward and no new information.

There is an unsubstantiated claim that some searchers found the tent on the 24th and kept it a secret...

All in all, I would say it's not a great video.