March 19, 2024, 01:47:15 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Infrasound? Most unlikely.  (Read 76763 times)

April 18, 2021, 08:10:23 PM
Reply #120

Manti

How does infrasound move anything by 500 yards or at all?

I also think it wasn't infrasound, but infrasound is very common, any vibration, tremor, rumble etc. is infrasound. Does it move objects? No. Well, unless you're talking about an earthquake...

If you read about "the hum", it is a fairly common phenomena experienced by people worldwide.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 09:34:35 PM by Manti »

April 18, 2021, 08:19:18 PM
Reply #121

Dona

Me too!  I  gave up on going to the airport.. that low hum of the plane engines and the air conditioning and  or equipment etc  vibrates the floor ever so slightly and  makes me dizzy and nauseated.. I dont hang around to see what any long term effects would be.. I just stopped gong.. It took me a while to figure it out :)

April 25, 2021, 07:42:06 AM
Reply #122

mk

How does infrasound move anything by 500 yards or at all?

I also think it wasn't infrasound, but infrasound is very common, any vibration, tremor, rumble etc. is infrasound. Does it move objects? No. Well, unless you're talking about an earthquake...

I think he was talking about the vibrations from the sound shaking the snow loose and causing it to slide or something.  Rather like an earthquake above ground.

April 28, 2021, 11:22:54 AM
Reply #123

syneoa

Just finished reading Dead Mountain by Donnie Eichar.

Although IS theory seems plausible, there is one thing that bothers me in it. What is a probability of 9 people loosing their mind at once in a very short timeframe?

Not a single sane person staying inside the tent yelling at them to come back. Very strange.

Only a sight of pure horror inside the tent, witnessed by all of them at same time could provoke such action.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:40:04 AM by syneoa »

April 30, 2021, 08:45:08 PM
Reply #124

NightLurker

Infrasound is so unlikely. It cannot fit because as the tent was FOUND in a stable spot, even pictures prove how it was set, including  the pics that showed BOTH of the ski poles in the same EXACT spot in pics that the party took and ALSO the pic that the investigators took months later. Both showed them sticking upwards in the exact same spot. Why fake that? there was no reason to do so. They are there and there is reason to doubt this. If some sort of Infrasound did happen, why are they STILL sticking upwards? You don't just bury them 2 feet below the frozen ground, you just shove them down into the snow. Maybe they go in 1 or 2 inches, but an infrasound would have at least taken them out and down the hill.

I just don't buy it. Sorry.