March 28, 2024, 10:37:57 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Military boot tracks at campsite  (Read 8390 times)

December 15, 2017, 11:55:18 AM
Read 8390 times

McMeen

Were there military boot tracks found by the students around the outside of the tent ?

December 16, 2017, 02:48:55 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Were there military boot tracks found by the students around the outside of the tent ?

From everything I have ever read in the original case files and scene witness statements..... no.   
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 30, 2018, 01:16:02 PM
Reply #2

CalzagheChick

So do you happen to know the origins of the false information then? It's kind of all over the internet in various places that there was a single boot print found. Could this be confusion about that old WW2 boot sock thing that Yuri Yudin couldn't identify?

May 30, 2018, 02:34:33 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
So do you happen to know the origins of the false information then? It's kind of all over the internet in various places that there was a single boot print found. Could this be confusion about that old WW2 boot sock thing that Yuri Yudin couldn't identify?

Nope....   sounds like a good additive for a bedtime story to me.

Yudin couldn't identify a bunch of things.....  If you go on a trip like this with 9 other people and then months later are asked to allocate every item for the entire expedition to each person, I would imagine you missing a few as would anyone. 

May 30, 2018, 07:45:14 PM
Reply #4

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Speculation stems from this photo....

Remember, several of the Dyatlov group DID have on valenki boots.   

June 01, 2018, 03:52:06 PM
Reply #5

CalzagheChick

Valenki are flat on the bottom kind of like old fashioned Uggs without the rubber soles. They don't have that distinctive heel like that distinct boot print in the snow.

June 01, 2018, 05:42:52 PM
Reply #6

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The reason why you don't see the forward half of the print is because when the heel lifted the front wend down and kicked off ultimately leaving the rear well shaped and the front mixed up. As a result, its only a partial detailed print. If that print went straight down and straight up...   it would be a flat bottom shoe with no heel. Iwould say the person was walking pretty fast.  A run leaves an even more destructive signature. 

June 01, 2018, 11:27:33 PM
Reply #7

CalzagheChick

You're harshing my flow here.

The curve in show that is the very back of the heel does not look like it could possibly be made by valenki. It's too perfect--too angular--too perfectly rounded. I just don't see valenki making that kind of imprint or partial imprint which you suggest. And in the picture it looks like to me a "boot print" was made then a bare foot came in sort of at a perpendicular fashion but right on top of it--effectively ruining the "boot print" and leaving a the heel that we see.

June 02, 2018, 05:06:29 AM
Reply #8

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Valenkis are pretty square when new.  I read several times in the testimony the valenki were...... new. 

Look at this heel.

June 06, 2018, 12:13:54 AM
Reply #9

CalzagheChick

Okay now do me a solid and zoom in real good on that photo of the snow tracks right on that heel print.

June 06, 2018, 07:14:56 AM
Reply #10

Per Inge Oestmoen

So far, I cannot see that the presence of visible footprints from military boots has been substantiated in any way.

June 07, 2018, 03:21:39 AM
Reply #11

CalzagheChick

Way to back me up, Inge  thumb1

That was a joke.  bigjoke

June 07, 2018, 07:56:32 AM
Reply #12

Mash

Sorry, I`m in hurry  excuseme . A little hint for you:

Таков факт наличия следа ботинка среди следов дятловцев, поскольку ни на одном из них не было ботинок. Но по акту обследования Золотарева на нем были «черные стеганые бурки», - мягкие сапоги из фетра на кожаной подошве. Наличие бурок объясняет появление «следов ботинка» на склоне, оставленных Золотаревым. Этот факт не смогли объяснить сразу: следы видели в марте, а Золотарева с бурками нашли только в мае. http://www.alpklubspb.ru/ass/dyatlov_10.htm

Translated quickly with Google translator (sorry, I do not have enough time to translate it properly):

This is the fact of the presence of a boot trace among the tracks of the woodpeckers, since none of them had shoes. But according to the act of Zolotarev's inspection there were "black quilted burki" on him, - soft boots of felt on leather soles. The presence of the burok explains the appearance of "footprints" on the slope left by Zolotarev. This fact could not be explained at once: traces were seen in March, and Zolotarev with burkas was found only in May.

Autopsy report Zolotaryov:
Black quilted felt boots with leather soles with woolen brown socks in them. https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-349-351?rbid=17743

warm regards... Mash
Wer schweigt stimmt nicht immer zu. Er hat nur manchmal keine Lust mit Idioten zu diskutieren (Albert Einstein)

June 07, 2018, 04:49:54 PM
Reply #13

CalzagheChick

Well...

I find myself in a "duh" moment here. Like, why hadn't I thought of it like this before? I'm actually kind of mad at myself for being so American--so dull. Of course they found odd tracks in February/March and then come May it was, "Okay Zolotaryov and Thibeaux are wearing valenki."

In any case, I obviously am not so dull as to think that one single "boot print" sets the stage for a murder or government conspiracy.

August 23, 2018, 01:16:25 PM
Reply #14

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Very difficult to ID footprints in snow weeks after the event.
DB

August 28, 2018, 09:28:33 AM
Reply #15

CalzagheChick

It takes a lot of work to save a photo to my laptop in order to send it to my phone via email so I can edit it with cute red circles and such to validate my point then send it back to my laptop to post in the forum. I don't work at ball lightning (hahahaha) speed like LC so I'll get back to the footprint that I see so very clearly especially the big toe imprint right across the valenki print. Kinda diagonal. Anyway....