October 20, 2021, 06:37:03 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Photographs
« Last post by Paf on October 05, 2021, 01:03:34 PM »
Capturing a meteorite or nuclear explosion on the cameras they had would have been almost impossible anyway, it would probably just result in a completely overexposed white photo, like trying to photograph the Sun.
Not quite : They had manual film camera, not modern ones. No automatics settings. If the camera was set to take day-time picture, the picture would be overall under-exposed. Still, it's true the core of the light spot could be over-exposed, but not automatically depending on the light.
A nuclear explosion might have over-exposed quite a large portion of the picture, but a meteorite would not.
Semyon Zolotaryov / Re: Could Zolotaryov be a saboteur?
« Last post by Manti on October 05, 2021, 11:35:00 AM »

Thus you begin to understand  that the DPI is a serious failure for the KGB, which has proved to be incompetent and incapable of protecting the lives of the 9 "little Princes of Technology of the new SSSR" i.e. the "graduates of the premier technical college during a nuclear Cold War" .

I don't understand this, we are talking about a group of young adults who went on a ski trip. Why would it be the KGB's responsibility to protect them, and from whom would they even need to be protected?   

And the NKVD was disbanded in 1946, thirteen years before the Dyatlov incident.
« Last post by Manti on October 05, 2021, 11:02:44 AM »
I see. Now I have read the US government's pre-assessment of UAP/UFO phenomena: https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

Contains virtually no information, but still worth a read it's quite short.

To me the witness accounts in the Dyatlov case about "UAP"s just don't add up. Some are clearly describing a meteorite/space debris/rocket stage burning up in the atmosphere. But there is the account of the sky looking like an imminent collision with another planet? And the bright "divine presence" lingering for minutes among the mountains? Others appear to describe atmospheric nuclear tests but there were none conducted during the DPI. And then there is the "searchlight reacting to human gaze"..

It's hard to tell which ones are genuine contemporary observations and which ones are from people trying to seek attention...

Nevertheless the photographs are nothing but magnified dust and scratches on the film. Capturing a meteorite or nuclear explosion on the cameras they had would have been almost impossible anyway, it would probably just result in a completely overexposed white photo, like trying to photograph the Sun.
« Last post by time2fly on October 03, 2021, 02:41:36 AM »
What does UAPs mean?
Unidentified ___? photographs?

Unidentified Aerial Phenomea. It's a more scientific word for UFO. A celestial phenomena is not automatically a "flying object".
« Last post by Manti on October 02, 2021, 08:35:58 PM »
What does UAPs mean?

Unidentified ___? photographs?
General Discussion / Re: Flashlight on top of tent
« Last post by Manti on October 02, 2021, 07:28:40 PM »
Didn't the searchers say half of the tent and also the bodies of Igor, Zina and Rustem had to be dug out from under hardened snow (nast)?
That needs time to form so rules out staging within the last week or two before the tent was found.

« Last post by Игорь Б. on September 30, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »
В СССР в 1950-е — 1960-е годы батарея имела торговое название КБС (карманная батарея сухая), а позже 3336 и «Планета».

В просторечии она называлась «плоская» или «квадратная батарейка». Существовали «летний» и «холодостойкий» варианты...
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%8F_3R12

Хранение элементов и батарей.
Все сухие элементы и анодные батареи, независимо от их типа и назначения, следует хранить в сухом, прохладном месте и при температуре, желательно, ниже нуля, не допуская отсырения батарей.
"Химические источники тока", А.П. Окатов, Госхимиздат, 1948

Поэтому Золотарёв не боялся носить фонарик не во внутреннем кармане в тепле, а снаружи, даже днём, когда фонарик был не нужен. Те батарейки лучше сохраняли заряд на холоде.
« Last post by MDGross on September 30, 2021, 07:30:31 AM »
Good point, Paf. It's reasonable to assume that the hikers warmed flashlights at night by placing them under the stove. That the flashlight still worked when found by Sharavin could mean that it was placed on top of the tent just a day or two before. If people did in fact stage the tragedy, then maybe they finished pitching the tent in the twilight or early evening and needed a flashlight. Then accidentally left it on top of the tent.
I dunno. But this small detail of a working flashlight could have significant meaning.

In Alaska I have always witnessed a trench, for several reasons, even though I havenever dig one myself but I watched.

1) Trenches even the ground, if you have ever slept on a tilted projection it is not restful.
2) It blocks the wind.
3) It blocks a possible mini land-slide
4) If you are going to start a fire or cook, you need a trench and preferably a snow or ice wall for protection, considering you whether you cook inside, like the   Dyatlov skiers did, or not.
5) A trench with a mountain side wall can also protect from snow drift.
Non-DP Related Mysteries! / Re: New development in the "Tamám Shud" mystery
« Last post by KFinn on September 29, 2021, 02:08:25 PM »
I've often wondered if Fairgate was a human trafficking victim (in the sex industry) rather than a spy.  But, as that was the focus of my master's thesis, I tend toward thinking that when I see unidentified women.  It is completely conjecture on my part, but would explain the lack of identifying information, the inconsistency in spelling and such, etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10