April 19, 2024, 03:26:32 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: What has this forum become???!!!  (Read 4309 times)

January 20, 2023, 12:14:40 PM
Read 4309 times

MDGross

Has the forum become a marketing tool?  I've seen Anna Russia's book cover ad nauseam. I salute the hard work that went into the book, just go sell it somewhere else.

What has happened to thoughtful, constructive and civil discussions among posters? Summary statements like this from Per Inge Oestmoen leave no room for discussion: "It is no "conspiracy therory" to observe that the Dyatlov Pass tragedy is due to human attack. Every piece of evidence, in addition to the many subsequent cover-up efforts made by the authorities, points to a well-planned, calculated murder orchestrated by the security forces."

Yes, this is a valid theory. But you present it as hard fact and not opinion. Maybe the Dyatlov 9 did see something that led to their deaths. But what could that have been? Wouldn't others have seen it? The Dyatlov hikers were highly educated and all grew up in the Stalin years. If they did see something compromising, wouldn't they have tried to quickly get back to civilization? Why would they continue on their expedition as if they had seen nothing?

I know the distinction between assumptions and facts, and why and how. But the DPI is a maddening, albeit fascinating, mystery that blurs these distinctions. So let's present assumptions/facts and why/how in the hope of enlightened discussion and see where it takes us.

The following users thanked this post: mk, Manti, Missi, ilahiyol, Почемучка

January 20, 2023, 12:25:37 PM
Reply #1

GlennM

You have kicked the proverbial football. Let's see what the return looks like.

January 20, 2023, 12:35:05 PM
Reply #2

Ziljoe

Has the forum become a marketing tool?  I've seen Anna Russia's book cover ad nauseam. I salute the hard work that went into the book, just go sell it somewhere else.

What has happened to thoughtful, constructive and civil discussions among posters? Summary statements like this from Per Inge Oestmoen leave no room for discussion: "It is no "conspiracy therory" to observe that the Dyatlov Pass tragedy is due to human attack. Every piece of evidence, in addition to the many subsequent cover-up efforts made by the authorities, points to a well-planned, calculated murder orchestrated by the security forces."

Yes, this is a valid theory. But you present it as hard fact and not opinion. Maybe the Dyatlov 9 did see something that led to their deaths. But what could that have been? Wouldn't others have seen it? The Dyatlov hikers were highly educated and all grew up in the Stalin years. If they did see something compromising, wouldn't they have tried to quickly get back to civilization? Why would they continue on their expedition as if they had seen nothing?

I know the distinction between assumptions and facts, and why and how. But the DPI is a maddening, albeit fascinating, mystery that blurs these distinctions. So let's present assumptions/facts and why/how in the hope of enlightened discussion and see where it takes us.

I agree with Mdgross, for me it's become an utter shambles . Incoherent to be honest. Recent posts speak with authority as assumed facts( all that have already Been discussed, here and other forums) . Nothing new is being put forward other than patronising comments with a long story . People are daying like they know something and we have to ask questions and guess. If you they have the inside knowledge or facts , say so. Otherwise it's pointless.

The following users thanked this post: Loose}{Cannon, mk

January 20, 2023, 01:34:08 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Its not against the rules to push your book, theory etc. But yes, by nature this topic is guaranteed to ruffle feathers.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 20, 2023, 01:38:33 PM
Reply #4

anna_pycckux

My books are not for sale. All have been sold for a long time. They can be read only in the libraries of St. Petersburg. This forum is very informative and extensive, you should not focus only on my posts. if you find them not interesting.

The following users thanked this post: tenne

January 20, 2023, 04:22:08 PM
Reply #5

Manti

This forum has changed a lot even during the short time I have been here. And as you say, the Dyatlov Pass mystery is maddening, and fascinating. Sometimes it appears to literally "madden" those who have fallen too deep down the rabbit hole and have become strongly attached to their theories. Initial curiosity and research turning into belief, belief turning into delusion, delusion turning into rage at those who don't buy into their version. I'm not talking about anyone in particular, it's just a pattern I have unfortunately observed some members here go through. All I could so was watch with concern..

Others manage to climb out of the rabbit hole and eventually lose interest. Perhaps this is the only alternative? The DPI happened so long ago that maybe no new hard evidence will ever turn up and there will never be a conclusive solution that stands up to scrutiny.

The following users thanked this post: Loose}{Cannon, Ryan, Dimitris68, Ziljoe, Missi, tenne

January 20, 2023, 08:22:09 PM
Reply #6

GlennM

I am reminded just now of the Shroud of Turin. Its authenticity was largely an unquestioned matter of faith until better methods of determining its age were used. I commend the Holy See for granting the examination and making the results known. For we,of the forum, the message is clear. With better technology and a willingness by authorities to investigate and report their findings, truth may be revealed. We know a modern re-evaluation of the incident was completed. Just like the Shroud, the faithful and the cynic will hold their view that much tighter. Better to be wrong in fact than to admit mental inferiority. ( being logical, but reasoning from false premise isn't mental inferiority)

As,I see,it,,there is precious little physical evidence to test or re-test. Of that which remains, the humam residue of the hikers, what tests could be done? Radiologic? Toxicology? CAT scan? New findings, if any might narrow the " how" of their demise, but the "why" can only be inferred.

For me, it is Occam's Razor. Nature does not need a motive. People,do.

January 20, 2023, 11:30:27 PM
Reply #7

anna_pycckux

As,I see,it,,there is precious little physical evidence to test or re-test. Of that which remains, the humam residue of the hikers, what tests could be done? Radiologic? Toxicology? CAT scan? New findings, if any might narrow the " how" of their demise, but the "why" can only be inferred.
For me, it is Occam's Razor. Nature does not need a motive. People,do.
Examinations and tomograms are not needed. It is necessary to study secret documents that are in the archives of the CPSU and the KGB and are not yet available. If they are not destroyed, then the truth will be revealed and the truth will shake the world. Without false modesty, I will say that my version came closest to the truth. Occam's razor is the time of the 50s, when Stalinists such as Kirilenko were in power with the same methods of work and for whom the main thing was to preserve their power. In this they were hindered by advanced and free-thinking students. In addition to Dyatlov's group, several other students died in the UPI in the spring of 59 and the topic has not yet been studied.

January 20, 2023, 11:43:51 PM
Reply #8

anna_pycckux

Others manage to climb out of the rabbit hole and eventually lose interest. Perhaps this is the only alternative? The DPI happened so long ago that maybe no new hard evidence will ever turn up and there will never be a conclusive solution that stands up to scrutiny.
"Пепел Клааса стучит  в мое сердце" - (с)Легенда о Тиле

January 21, 2023, 04:53:03 AM
Reply #9

amashilu

Global Moderator
"Пепел Клааса стучит  в мое сердце" - (с)Легенда о Тиле

Anna, the language for this forum is English. Please translate your message and re-post it here.

January 21, 2023, 05:34:21 AM
Reply #10

anna_pycckux

"The ashes of Claes are knocking on my heart" - The legend of Thiel.

.....this is a quote from a novel by the Belgian writer Charles De Coster, the quote speaks of a sacred and righteous revenge
Unfortunately, the function of correcting and correcting the text has disappeared on the forum. And there is no way to even delete a post.

January 21, 2023, 01:22:21 PM
Reply #11

GlennM

I concur that written evidence or deathbed confessions would be germane. 1079 has been subjected to radiation and magnetometer tests. Sattelite imagery would not help, not to mention the chronicles of explorations in fair and foul weather.

Know if someone in the beurocracy wanted to supplement their income by dusting off some old files, well, there might be progress. I mean, they sell off submarines, yes?

Will it, like Turin just be a matter of faith?

January 21, 2023, 03:20:16 PM
Reply #12

WinterLeia

I concur that written evidence or deathbed confessions would be germane.

I don’t trust deathbed confessions. You know how many supposed deathbed confessions there are to being the Zodiac killer or involved in the assassination of JFK? One was even taped. Except the man didn’t die and later said he was so doped on medicine that he had no idea what he was saying or agreeing to. Unfortunately, people realize that such confessions are given a lot of weight and choose to use them to deceive people rather than discover the truth.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

January 21, 2023, 04:03:20 PM
Reply #13

GlennM

It seems that nothing coming out of anyone's mouth can be trusted. This is the world we live in, sigh!