March 28, 2024, 07:47:57 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Nitrogen dioxide slowly converts to Nitric acid on contact  (Read 78090 times)

December 12, 2018, 02:14:56 AM
Reply #60

Nigel Evans

But the young woman, who has not been named, said the object did not fly through the sky.
Instead the witness said she picked up her camera to film the object as it motionlessly chugged out the smoke before vanishing into the sky.
She told 20 Minuten: “The object with the tail just stood in the sky and it did not move for two or three minutes.”
The object then rapidly reared back into life and “turned to the right and disappeared” the witness recounted.

Do I need to repost the vid with dumb idiots going stupid thinking the aliens are invading the planet simply because their inbreed azz cant tell the dif between a rocket and a piloted fireball?   If you believe everything crazed morons say, I have a bridge to sell you.

December 12, 2018, 02:15:40 AM
Reply #61

Nigel Evans

December 12, 2018, 06:57:04 AM
Reply #62

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Notice how the exhaust plume expands behind them as they travel.  Why are you wasting everyones time with this high altitude nonsense?
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

December 12, 2018, 07:50:52 AM
Reply #63

Nigel Evans

Notice how the exhaust plume expands behind them as they travel.  Why are you wasting everyones time with this high altitude nonsense?
Notice how the exhaust plume expands behind them as they travel. 
Tadpoles have large heads and tapered tails?
Why are you wasting everyones time with this high altitude nonsense?Because they fit my narrative. The DP group were unlucky and pitched their tent in what later was to become part of one of these plumes. N.B. the last example - 20 Minuten is at low altitude and is rising steeply because it is hot. My narrative has it that something similar flattened in strong winds covered the area of the tent softening the snow and forced them out of the tent with noxious fumes possibly leaving them intoxicated.
These videos and photos are key to supporting this narrative.
Otherwise you'd think i was crazy.... tongue2

December 12, 2018, 08:52:56 AM
Reply #64

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
forced them out of the tent with noxious fumes possibly leaving them intoxicated.

Cant believe Im saying this, but I agree.

Showing UFO vids of something exiting/entering earths atmosphere cooking off a gas thats only visible in the infrared spectrum isnt going to prove your theory that BL (the god particle) was a decisive factor in anything that happened in 1959.   

December 12, 2018, 09:12:31 AM
Reply #65

Nigel Evans

forced them out of the tent with noxious fumes possibly leaving them intoxicated.

Cant believe Im saying this, but I agree. Hey!  lol2

Showing UFO vids of something exiting/entering earths atmosphere cooking off a gas thats only visible in the infrared spectrum isnt going to prove your theory that BL (the god particle) was a decisive factor in anything that happened in 1959. But the objects are stationery and it is the plumes that are streaming away in the wind? Or even changing direction in the wind? But the source of the plume is always stationery (in the wind)? Because it's an electro magnetic object and unaffected by wind speed....

December 12, 2018, 10:31:37 PM
Reply #66

Monika

I do not think they were intoxicated. It does not match their behavior. After their escape from the tent, they went towards the woods upright and without falling on snow, at their footprints the body contour or hand were not found, so they did not fall on the way. And I know how difficult is going in a deep snow and how easy it can be for you to topple. And their next activity was rational, they set up a fire, they built the den (even without gloves!), all the time they were conscious and act without panic. When someone is intoxicated, it takes a long time for the body to be recovered.

December 13, 2018, 03:41:18 AM
Reply #67

Nigel Evans

I do not think they were intoxicated. It does not match their behavior. After their escape from the tent, they went towards the woods upright and without falling on snow, at their footprints the body contour or hand were not found, so they did not fall on the way. And I know how difficult is going in a deep snow and how easy it can be for you to topple. And their next activity was rational, they set up a fire, they built the den (even without gloves!), all the time they were conscious and act without panic. When someone is intoxicated, it takes a long time for the body to be recovered.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:47:53 AM by Nigel Evans »

December 13, 2018, 03:44:51 AM
Reply #68

Nigel Evans

If you watch the video all the way through she demonstrates how clumsy she can get. Now you have an explanation for how he fell out of the tree.

December 13, 2018, 06:02:26 AM
Reply #69

Monika

If you watch the video all the way through she demonstrates how clumsy she can get. Now you have an explanation for how he fell out of the tree.

Yes, but the others were all right. And were able such super-human acting as build the den without gloves and poorly dressed.

December 13, 2018, 07:21:03 AM
Reply #70

Nigel Evans

Yes, but the others were all right. And were able such super-human acting as build the den without gloves and poorly dressed.
The others had a number of abrasions, cuts etc sufficiently serious to be held up as "combat injuries".
There is speculation that the den was too well constructed and is part of the "military accident coverup theory" or that they discovered a mansi hunter shelter.
Nikolai had gloves not sure about Semyon.Assuming they built it they clearly had knives for cutting the sticks that made the floor of the den. So it's not hard to create tools to help construct it. Just a sharp pole would help you dig out the interior.
The rescuers noted that they had used a lot of matches to light the fire. There's something about that fact that talks to me. That suggests foolishness. They would have had a finite number of matches for the trip. They'd lit a few fires by then, so had all the experience necessary to get it right with just a few attempts.

December 13, 2018, 12:15:25 PM
Reply #71

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

The others had a number of abrasions, cuts etc sufficiently serious to be held up as "combat injuries".
There is speculation that the den was too well constructed and is part of the "military accident coverup theory" or that they discovered a mansi hunter shelter.
Nikolai had gloves not sure about Semyon.Assuming they built it they clearly had knives for cutting the sticks that made the floor of the den. So it's not hard to create tools to help construct it. Just a sharp pole would help you dig out the interior.
The rescuers noted that they had used a lot of matches to light the fire. There's something about that fact that talks to me. That suggests foolishness. They would have had a finite number of matches for the trip. They'd lit a few fires by then, so had all the experience necessary to get it right with just a few attempts.

Nigel,  the clumsiness may be explained by the cold.  I remember the time I was skiing and made the mistake of not putting my gloves on before I got the chair lift.  My gloves were clipped together and by the time I got off at the top of the mountain I couldn't unclip them, because My hands were so cold I had no dexterity or strength left in my fingers. Also it was quite windy.  That might explain why it took so many matches to light fire.

December 13, 2018, 02:00:38 PM
Reply #72

Nigel Evans

Nigel,  the clumsiness may be explained by the cold.  I remember the time I was skiing and made the mistake of not putting my gloves on before I got the chair lift.  My gloves were clipped together and by the time I got off at the top of the mountain I couldn't unclip them, because My hands were so cold I had no dexterity or strength left in my fingers. Also it was quite windy.  That might explain why it took so many matches to light fire.Well it's one of the many ambiguous details of the DPI that could be made to suit different narratives but i just get a feeling that it points at untypical foolish behaviour. Nicolai had gloves so he could have used the matches, why light a fire in the wind? Why not find better shelter or build a barrier even out of snow to shelter starting the fire? Why climb a tree anyway?

Imo the "nitrous oxide theory" puts the Otorten News thing in a new light. This is believed to be the last thing they wrote on the evening they died :-
From the Otorten Evening News, Issue 1, 1 February 1959: SCIENCE Lately in scientific circles there has been a very lively debate about the existence of Yeti. According to the latest data, the snowmen live in the northern Urals, in the area of the Otorten Mountain. PHILOSOPHY Ski hikers and love. Philosophical seminar every day in the tent main building, and these lectures will be given by Dr Tibeaux Ph.D., and Dubinina (MA in love science). TECHNICAL NEWS Hiking sledge – very good for riding in trains, in the car, and on a horse. But not really any good for transportation of loads over the snow. For further information please turn to the main constructor Kolevatov. Fun puzzles. Is it possible to warm nine ski hikers with one blanket? SPORTS The team of radio experts, consisting of Doroshenko and Kolmogorova, set a new world record in contesting how fast they could put together pieces of the stove. The record is one hour, two minutes, and 27 seconds.

The diaries display a completely different style of recording the day, very factual statements, recording the terrain, group interaction, arguments or disagreements. The day before Igor says :-We started fire with logs, too tired to dig a fire pit. We had supper right in the tent. It's warm. It is  hard to imagine such a comfort somewhere on the ridge, with a  piercing  wind, hundreds kilometers away from human settlements.But on the following evening on a ridge in piercing winds without a warm stove and probably in damp clothes they're in a party mood having fun, perhaps even being silly...Apparently they hadn't touched the vodka.
Nitrous oxide?

December 13, 2018, 10:31:00 PM
Reply #73

Monika

Nigel,  the clumsiness may be explained by the cold.  I remember the time I was skiing and made the mistake of not putting my gloves on before I got the chair lift.  My gloves were clipped together and by the time I got off at the top of the mountain I couldn't unclip them, because My hands were so cold I had no dexterity or strength left in my fingers. Also it was quite windy.  That might explain why it took so many matches to light fire.Well it's one of the many ambiguous details of the DPI that could be made to suit different narratives but i just get a feeling that it points at untypical foolish behaviour. Nicolai had gloves so he could have used the matches, why light a fire in the wind? Why not find better shelter or build a barrier even out of snow to shelter starting the fire? Why climb a tree anyway?

Imo the "nitrous oxide theory" puts the Otorten News thing in a new light. This is believed to be the last thing they wrote on the evening they died :-
From the Otorten Evening News, Issue 1, 1 February 1959: SCIENCE Lately in scientific circles there has been a very lively debate about the existence of Yeti. According to the latest data, the snowmen live in the northern Urals, in the area of the Otorten Mountain. PHILOSOPHY Ski hikers and love. Philosophical seminar every day in the tent main building, and these lectures will be given by Dr Tibeaux Ph.D., and Dubinina (MA in love science). TECHNICAL NEWS Hiking sledge – very good for riding in trains, in the car, and on a horse. But not really any good for transportation of loads over the snow. For further information please turn to the main constructor Kolevatov. Fun puzzles. Is it possible to warm nine ski hikers with one blanket? SPORTS The team of radio experts, consisting of Doroshenko and Kolmogorova, set a new world record in contesting how fast they could put together pieces of the stove. The record is one hour, two minutes, and 27 seconds.

The diaries display a completely different style of recording the day, very factual statements, recording the terrain, group interaction, arguments or disagreements. The day before Igor says :-We started fire with logs, too tired to dig a fire pit. We had supper right in the tent. It's warm. It is  hard to imagine such a comfort somewhere on the ridge, with a  piercing  wind, hundreds kilometers away from human settlements.But on the following evening on a ridge in piercing winds without a warm stove and probably in damp clothes they're in a party mood having fun, perhaps even being silly...Apparently they hadn't touched the vodka.
Nitrous oxide?

When you mentioned the last entry in the diary, it was done the day before the mystery event happened (31.1). I wonder why they did not write anything in the diary just that day when it happened. Every day they wrote something there, but nothing on that day. And why did not they used the stove on that day ? (maybe the strong wind did not allow them to used it, the chimney pipe was stick out of the tent)
In any case, we have no record of what state of mind were they on that day when it happened.

As you wrote: “The diaries display a completely different style of recording the day, very factual statements, recording the terrain, group interaction, arguments or disagreements”. The explanation may be that they were already approaching the goal of the whole expedition, only a few days were behind them and they began to deal with it seriously. It was not a fun party! They had a serious duty, and it cost some money, a certain amount of money was even provided by the tourist club at the University. That's why they probably started to record properly in the diary But why did not they do that on that critical day, that's a mystery.

December 14, 2018, 01:41:59 AM
Reply #74

Nigel Evans

And why did not they used the stove on that day ? (maybe the strong wind did not allow them to used it, the chimney pipe was stick out of the tent)The tent had two erection modes, narrow base and high roof when sheltered from the wind, low roof and wide base in exposed places. The stove was only lit in the high roof mode as it was slung below it.

Yes no entries in the diaries that evening but someone wrote the Ortorten News... It's all ambiguous of course and can support multiple narratives but there's something about that Dutch girl's behaviour that resonates for me with the DP story. The Ortorten News, leaving the tent, decision to go to the forest, wasting lots of valuable matches, climbing a tree, falling out of a tree.

December 14, 2018, 02:19:54 PM
Reply #75

Star man

Nitrous oxide?

You're right about the diaries And the evening Otorten.  It does seem a bit out of character when compared with some of the writing in the diaries.

December 17, 2018, 06:09:21 AM
Reply #76

Nigel Evans

Another sighting of a large aerial object, note orange brown with black stripes. NO2 changes colour depending in temperature, reddish brown at ambient temps, and blacker at hotter temps. Black stripes suggesting a wavelike structure (nodes/antinodes)?
Or something else of course...

http://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com/2014/07/bow-hunter-captured-strange-ufo-in.html

December 18, 2018, 10:26:56 PM
Reply #77

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Ever thrown something in the air and had a buddy take a picture of it?   

Try it sometime. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:32:09 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

December 19, 2018, 12:23:39 AM
Reply #78

Nigel Evans

I'm not sure about the black arrow on the left.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:28:15 AM by Nigel Evans »

December 20, 2018, 02:02:30 PM
Reply #79

sarapuk

Re: Nitrogen dioxide slowly converts to Nitric acid on contact.  But whats the point of this theory  !  ?  It doesnt go any way to explaining the sequence of events and the various injuries on the bodies.
It explains :-
Why they left the tent.
Why they stood in a line some distance from the tent.
Why the area around the tent was covered in sastrugi and the hot spot.
Why the footsteps were so persistent (powder doesn't behave like that).
Why Yuri D had foam on his cheek.
Why Yuri D and Zina had dark orange faces at their funerals.Why Lyudmila had a yellow brown face but a white chin. It also provides an explanation for Chivruay.

It fits in with the electro magnetic phenomena narrative that explains the ravine injuries as from impact/crushing from ball lightning rollers - Ivanov's fire orbs.
It also gives a plausible reason (nitrous oxide) for some very bad decision making and an injury profile resulting from increased clumsiness.

No it doesnt explain why they left the tent. Thats speculation.
No it doesnt explain why they stood in a line some distance from the tent. Thats speculation.
Why the area around the tent was covered in SASTRUGI  ! ? and the HOT SPOT  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?
Why the footsteps were so persistent  [ POWDER DOESNT BEHAVE LIKE THAT ]  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?
Why Yuri D had foam on his cheek  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?
Why Yuri D and Zina had dark orange faces at their funerals  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?
Why Lyudmila had a yellow brown face but a white chin  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?
It also provides an explanation for Chivruay  !  ?  Thats another case with its own possibilities. Wheres the real comparison.
It fits in with the electro magnetic phenomena narrative that explains the ravine injuries as from impact  / crushing from ball lightning rollers - Ivanovs fire orbs  !  ?  HIGHLY UNLIKELY.
It also gives a plausible reason [ nitrous oxide ] for some very bad decision making and an injury profile resulting from increased clumsiness  !  ?  EXTREME COLD could also be a plausible reason. The threat from some UNKNOWN FORCE could also be a plausible reason. There are other candidates for the plausibility reason.
DB

December 20, 2018, 02:29:09 PM
Reply #80

Nigel Evans

All the narratives are speculation based on plausible explanations?

No it doesnt explain why they stood in a line some distance from the tent. Thats speculation.Ditto

Why the area around the tent was covered in SASTRUGI  ! ? and the HOT SPOT  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?
The hot spot appears on the relevant photo? You must have seen it? The rescue team reported the sastrugi.

Why the footsteps were so persistent  [ POWDER DOESNT BEHAVE LIKE THAT ]  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?Yes anyone who has walked over powder at -15C knows it doesn't compress like that. The snow has to be closer to it's melting point.

Why Yuri D had foam on his cheek  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?It's part of the official record?

Why Yuri D and Zina had dark orange faces at their funerals  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?Yes people who attended the funeral talked about it 50 years later when interviewed. The black and white photos support this, but they're in black and white...

Why Lyudmila had a yellow brown face but a white chin  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?Yes from her morgue photo and the autopsy report.

It also provides an explanation for Chivruay  !  ?  Thats another case with its own possibilities. Wheres the real comparison.
The Chivruay bodies had yellow skin.
It fits in with the electro magnetic phenomena narrative that explains the ravine injuries as from impact  / crushing from ball lightning rollers - Ivanovs fire orbs  !  ?  HIGHLY UNLIKELY.Not when a state prosecutor (who when interviewed worked as a barrister) says "it must of been the fire orbs". That narrows down the probability somewhat. What's your explanation for his thinking? He was mad? Delusional? Both he and his superior stated that the supporting material was confiscated and they were ordered to invent an explanation as an accident.

It also gives a plausible reason [ nitrous oxide ] for some very bad decision making and an injury profile resulting from increased clumsiness  !  ?  EXTREME COLD could also be a plausible reason. The threat from some UNKNOWN FORCE could also be a plausible reason. There are other candidates for the plausibility reason.Absolutely, it's a feature of the DPI that most of the evidence (that we have) is ambiguous and can support several narratives. However the man who saw ALL the evidence said, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs. He repeated it 7 times in the Leninsky Put interview. So you have two choices. Either he was crazy or his opinion is based on convincing evidence we don't have.

December 20, 2018, 03:34:53 PM
Reply #81

sarapuk

All the narratives are speculation based on plausible explanations?

No it doesnt explain why they stood in a line some distance from the tent. Thats speculation.Ditto

The hot spot appears on the relevant photo? You must have seen it? The rescue team reported the sastrugi.

Why the footsteps were so persistent  [ POWDER DOESNT BEHAVE LIKE THAT ]  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?Yes anyone who has walked over powder at -15C knows it doesn't compress like that. The snow has to be closer to it's melting point.

Why Yuri D had foam on his cheek  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?It's part of the official record?

Why Yuri D and Zina had dark orange faces at their funerals  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?Yes people who attended the funeral talked about it 50 years later when interviewed. The black and white photos support this, but they're in black and white...

Why Lyudmila had a yellow brown face but a white chin  !  ?  Do we have the EVIDENCE ?Yes from her morgue photo and the autopsy report.

The Chivruay bodies had yellow skin.
It fits in with the electro magnetic phenomena narrative that explains the ravine injuries as from impact  / crushing from ball lightning rollers - Ivanovs fire orbs  !  ?  HIGHLY UNLIKELY.Not when a state prosecutor (who when interviewed worked as a barrister) says "it must of been the fire orbs". That narrows down the probability somewhat. What's your explanation for his thinking? He was mad? Delusional? Both he and his superior stated that the supporting material was confiscated and they were ordered to invent an explanation as an accident.

It also gives a plausible reason [ nitrous oxide ] for some very bad decision making and an injury profile resulting from increased clumsiness  !  ?  EXTREME COLD could also be a plausible reason. The threat from some UNKNOWN FORCE could also be a plausible reason. There are other candidates for the plausibility reason.Absolutely, it's a feature of the DPI that most of the evidence (that we have) is ambiguous and can support several narratives. However the man who saw ALL the evidence said, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs, fire orbs. He repeated it 7 times in the Leninsky Put interview. So you have two choices. Either he was crazy or his opinion is based on convincing evidence we don't have.

You mean all your narratives are speculation.
The Hot Spot yes I have seen a photo but its difficult to say.
Not sure what you state is actually EVIDENCE regarding the footprints in the snow.
Yuri D foam on face EVIDENCE but doesnt state cause.
Yes I know people have talked about the ORANGE FACES but what about the OFFICIAL RECORD.
Lyudmila's face colour that could be explained by decompostion  !  ?
Yellow skin could be caused by decomposition ! ?
I wouldnt trust any Barrister at any time. And State Prosecutors also can leave a lot to be desired.
Iam not saying that the State prosecutor was CRAZY, just that I wouldnt TRUST WHAT HE STATED. But he may well have been correct regarding some kind of aerial phenomenon, which he described as FIRE ORBS, but may have been something else.

DB

December 21, 2018, 03:34:10 AM
Reply #82

Nigel Evans

You mean all your narratives are speculation.Everyone's narrative is speculation?

Not sure what you state is actually EVIDENCE regarding the footprints in the snow.At least one expedition to the DP has tried to recreate the footsteps in cold powder and the wind blows them away within 24 hours.
Yuri D foam on face EVIDENCE but doesnt state cause.It's this speculation thingy again.

Yes I know people have talked about the ORANGE FACES but what about the OFFICIAL RECORD.The narrative is that the morgue photos and the pathologist's report don't show the dark orange faces because the reaction took place slowly mainly after the autopsies. Hence the pathologist didn't record them.

Yellow skin could be caused by decomposition ! ?It's possible but it would be all over? Not just the face and with a white chin?

I wouldnt trust any Barrister at any time. And State Prosecutors also can leave a lot to be desired.
For a practicing barrister to say "it must have been the fire orbs" is perhaps showing some character and regard for the truth...

Iam not saying that the State prosecutor was CRAZY, just that I wouldnt TRUST WHAT HE STATED. But he may well have been correct regarding some kind of aerial phenomenon, which he described as FIRE ORBS, but may have been something else.It could part of some elaborate coverup of course, in concert with his superior but my narrative chooses to believe them.

December 22, 2018, 04:01:33 PM
Reply #83

Star man

You mean all your narratives are speculation.Everyone's narrative is speculation?

Not sure what you state is actually EVIDENCE regarding the footprints in the snow.At least one expedition to the DP has tried to recreate the footsteps in cold powder and the wind blows them away within 24 hours.
Yuri D foam on face EVIDENCE but doesnt state cause.It's this speculation thingy again.

Yes I know people have talked about the ORANGE FACES but what about the OFFICIAL RECORD.The narrative is that the morgue photos and the pathologist's report don't show the dark orange faces because the reaction took place slowly mainly after the autopsies. Hence the pathologist didn't record them.

Yellow skin could be caused by decomposition ! ?It's possible but it would be all over? Not just the face and with a white chin?

For a practicing barrister to say "it must have been the fire orbs" is perhaps showing some character and regard for the truth...

Iam not saying that the State prosecutor was CRAZY, just that I wouldnt TRUST WHAT HE STATED. But he may well have been correct regarding some kind of aerial phenomenon, which he described as FIRE ORBS, but may have been something else.It could part of some elaborate coverup of course, in concert with his superior but my narrative chooses to believe them.

Nigel,  what about a chemical weapon test.  Rather than a nerve agent maybe some kind of noxious gas like NO2?  Then the rest of your theory would be more credible. Have you ever thought about the chemical weapon option?

My top candidates are

1. a weapon test possibly nuclear, but could be chemical
2. Murder
3. Infrasound and group induced panic

December 22, 2018, 07:11:50 PM
Reply #84

sarapuk

A narrative is not speculation if it includes real evidence.
DB

December 23, 2018, 07:08:35 AM
Reply #85

Nigel Evans

The NO2 narrative fits the evidence better than other?

December 23, 2018, 07:02:46 PM
Reply #86

sarapuk

Well you said it,  i e,  FITS THE EVIDENCE.  In other words it is not the EVIDENCE.
DB

December 24, 2018, 04:15:55 AM
Reply #87

Nigel Evans

Well you said it,  i e,  FITS THE EVIDENCE.  In other words it is not the EVIDENCE.
No the narrative attempts to explain the evidence ....?

December 24, 2018, 09:40:00 AM
Reply #88

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

Fake news. 

December 25, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
Reply #89

sarapuk

No the narrative attempts to explain the evidence ....?

What EVIDENCE  !  ?
DB