Factual Information > Events

New Press Conference

<< < (11/12) > >>

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Monty on November 12, 2020, 10:08:20 AM ---It's always an interesting thought when you read the visibility was X metres - if it was that bad and they really wanted to return to the tent why not follow their own tracks.

--- End quote ---

Snow depth could permit descending but rule out ascending.

Monty:
Do you think they left the tent with the intention of ending up where they did; or left and ended up where they did by chance Nigel?
The large cedar being the staging point.

RidgeWatcher:
Hi Monty,

Monty, "Do you think they left the tent with the intention of ending up where they did; or left and ended up where they did by chance Nigel?
The large cedar being the staging point".

1) They all left the tent area without adequate clothing.
2) The left, most likely, a lighted torch/flashlight on the roof of the tent
3) They left with the bits of food found on the tent floor.
4) They left the ice pick/shovel at the tent area, knowing they would need this down below.

This all portends to a lack of planning, they didn't have time to think about taking anything that might keep them alive a little longer wherever they were going. I would think they had no idea where they were going, only that they were going downhill and downwind towards the tree line in the Lozva Valley.

If there was a confrontation of sorts back around Vizhay, then the Dyatlov hikers would probably recognize the attackers voices and even their faces at the tent area. Maybe the attackers just yelled at them to leave the tent immediately and run. Maybe the attackers didn't shoot at the tent or the hikers but maybe they shot into the night sky to rush the group out of and away from the tent. I wonder if the searchers in May 1959 who were looking for the ravine hikers went back up the hill to look for any spent bullets or cartridges around the perimeter of the tent area?

I would say that the hikers had no idea where they were going on immediate orders to abandon their tent and life sustaining shelter.

Monty:
My original belief and theory is as you describe, but the more I read the WAB and/or Holmgren theory the more I start to waiver. The katabatic theory is stubbornly solid. It hinges i think on whether the cedar was stumbled upon by chance or a pre-arranged rdv. Thanks Ridgewatcher, for your insight

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Monty on November 12, 2020, 10:08:20 AM ---It's always an interesting thought when you read the visibility was X metres - if it was that bad and they really wanted to return to the tent why not follow their own tracks.

--- End quote ---

But what is x metres  ?  We dont know what the visibility was or even if it was snowing at the time that they left the Tent. And we dont know what the depth of the snow was when they left the Tent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version