Theories Discussion > Yeti / Snowman

"Sasquatch: Legend meets Science" and "The Hoopa Project"

<< < (2/5) > >>

KFinn:
Coincidentally, after looking up Paulides research on Bigfoot, I realized he has also done extensive research on people who have gone missing in the American national park systems, over the years (not Bigfoot related, separate research.)  He has gathered impressive data to show clusters of areas where people have disappeared.  The man is very thorough and intelligent!  That led to Robert Koester’s research on lost person behaviors.  While the Dyatlov group were not lost in the traditional sense of the word, I'm going to put both of these works on my to read list. 

I also found a radio show interview with Dr. Meldrum.  I found him to be extremely compelling and quite engaging.  His explanations are certainly not flights of fantasy.    Really interesting stuff!!!  Again, thank you for posting about these books!!!

Star man:
There is much convincing evidence.  Especially the foot prints.  I have watched Jeff Meldrum in many documentaries but haven't read his book.  There are also lots of convincing stories from credible people.  Yet still no concrete evidence. 

Regards

Star man

tenne:

--- Quote from: KFinn on February 18, 2021, 09:16:58 AM ---Coincidentally, after looking up Paulides research on Bigfoot, I realized he has also done extensive research on people who have gone missing in the American national park systems, over the years (not Bigfoot related, separate research.)  He has gathered impressive data to show clusters of areas where people have disappeared.  The man is very thorough and intelligent!  That led to Robert Koester’s research on lost person behaviors.  While the Dyatlov group were not lost in the traditional sense of the word, I'm going to put both of these works on my to read list. 

I also found a radio show interview with Dr. Meldrum.  I found him to be extremely compelling and quite engaging.  His explanations are certainly not flights of fantasy.    Really interesting stuff!!!  Again, thank you for posting about these books!!!

--- End quote ---

There is a web site, strange outdoors. com which has many of the missing411 (the term coined by Paulides) cases. a lot of youtube channels also cover missing411. it is pretty facinating how many people go missing in almost plain sight (or in the case of the marathon runner, plain sight)

Nigel Evans:
Further investigation of all things BF has landed me on this book -Where the Footprints End: High Strangeness and the Bigfoot Phenomenon, Volume I: Folklore"Yet despite their apparently physical nature, bigfoot and its hairy hominid kin consistently appear mired in High Strangeness--the peculiar, ineffable, and nonsensical absurdities so often encountered in paranormal phenomena.Some sightings seem more consistent with mythology than biology. Bigfoot often present supernatual attributes, like luminescent eyes or the ability to pass, ghostlike, through structures. Anomalous lights are regulalry seen in areas of frequent sasquatch activity. Footprints persistently, if rarely, display odd numbered toes, and--most bafflingly--bigfoot trackways suddenly terminate in the middle of open, untouched terrain."It's dry read, but what is standout is the amount of references, the author's have an encyclopedic knowledge of BF and the paranormal. I'm on page 351 and the references have already passed 1000.
And there's a Vol 2.

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Nigel Evans on March 30, 2021, 01:33:00 AM ---Further investigation of all things BF has landed me on this book -Where the Footprints End: High Strangeness and the Bigfoot Phenomenon, Volume I: Folklore"Yet despite their apparently physical nature, bigfoot and its hairy hominid kin consistently appear mired in High Strangeness--the peculiar, ineffable, and nonsensical absurdities so often encountered in paranormal phenomena.Some sightings seem more consistent with mythology than biology. Bigfoot often present supernatual attributes, like luminescent eyes or the ability to pass, ghostlike, through structures. Anomalous lights are regulalry seen in areas of frequent sasquatch activity. Footprints persistently, if rarely, display odd numbered toes, and--most bafflingly--bigfoot trackways suddenly terminate in the middle of open, untouched terrain."It's dry read, but what is standout is the amount of references, the author's have an encyclopedic knowledge of BF and the paranormal. I'm on page 351 and the references have already passed 1000.
And there's a Vol 2.

--- End quote ---

The second volume is on Kindle Unlimited!!  I may have to wait until Friday for the first volume, as I am already over my budget for books this week, lol! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version