Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Who here on the forum has real life experience?

(1/11) > >>

tenne:
I am just curious of all the people commenting,
who here has had to light a fire in the winter with just matches and nothing prepared?
Who has cross country skied for at least an overnight winter camping trip?
Who had cross country skied carrying a back pack for an over night winter camping trip?
Who has set up a tent for winter camping?
Who has walked barefoot in at least -5 and snow?
Who has walked in socks in snow for any distance?
Who has had to build a winter shelter for protection?

I am just very curious how many have any real life experience in these situation?

KFinn:

--- Quote from: tenne on February 27, 2021, 08:35:54 AM ---I am just curious of all the people commenting,
who here has had to light a fire in the winter with just matches and nothing prepared?
Who has cross country skied for at least an overnight winter camping trip?
Who had cross country skied carrying a back pack for an over night winter camping trip?
Who has set up a tent for winter camping?
Who has walked barefoot in at least -5 and snow?
Who has walked in socks in snow for any distance?
Who has had to build a winter shelter for protection?

I am just very curious how many have any real life experience in these situation?

--- End quote ---

My experience is mostly in Viking reenactment.  I don't even get matches to light my cooking fires, lol.  Its make your own bow drill or the strike method.  We hike in our kits in good weather and bad, snow, 90 degree sun, everything between.  Our tents are canvas A-frame style, so while we carry in the canvas, we have to make the poles when we camp.  Now, twenty years ago I was more into the primitive scene; I competed as a world ranked atlatlist and as a family we were flint knappers and taught primitive skills around the eastern seaboard of the US.  I've hunted with an atlatl, fished with one, etc. 

Monty:
Sometimes life gets the better of you pal. That's why we're here.

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: tenne on February 27, 2021, 08:35:54 AM ---I am just curious of all the people commenting,
1. who here has had to light a fire in the winter with just matches and nothing prepared?
2. Who has cross country skied for at least an overnight winter camping trip?
3. Who had cross country skied carrying a back pack for an over night winter camping trip?
4. Who has set up a tent for winter camping?
5. Who has walked barefoot in at least -5 and snow?
6. Who has walked in socks in snow for any distance?
7. Who has had to build a winter shelter for protection?

--- End quote ---

Q. How many people have climbed Everest without doing 1,5,6,7?
A. Probably most.

English winters don't favour cross country skiing but i've done 2,3,4 on foot.

tenne:

--- Quote from: Nigel Evans on February 27, 2021, 10:15:15 AM ---
1. who here has had to light a fire in the winter with just matches and nothing prepared?
2. Who has cross country skied for at least an overnight winter camping trip?
3. Who had cross country skied carrying a back pack for an over night winter camping trip?
4. Who has set up a tent for winter camping?
5. Who has walked barefoot in at least -5 and snow?
6. Who has walked in socks in snow for any distance?
7. Who has had to build a winter shelter for protection?

--- End quote ---

Q. How many people have climbed Everest without doing 1,5,6,7?
A. Probably most.

English winters don't favour cross country skiing but i've done 2,3,4 on foot.

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't what climbing Everest with porters to do all the carrying, setting up and cooking and cleaning etc has anything to do with this but okay.....

So basically you have no practical experience in what the 9 would have faced, that's all I wanted to know

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version