Theories Discussion > General Discussion

When a tree falls in the forest...

(1/2) > >>

Jacques-Emile:
Siberia is a heavily forested region.  One of the peculiarities of forests across the planet is the preponderance, the ubiquitous presence of trees. 

When left to their own devices, before humans developed a fascination for trees, the life-cycle of a tree is known in three parts:  begin from a seed, grow tall, fall down.  Although this part of the topic may seem boring to many, the presence of trees in a forest should draw our attention.

Jacques-Emile:
At the risk of boring our non-arborealists, I offer an illustration of the process here.
One critical factor has been left out of the process, which is gravity.  Gravity is the principal factor in turning vertical dead trees (snags) into horizontal dead trees (logs.)  Although this process is rather infrequent, and represents an eyeblink in the existence of the tree, it is extremely unwise to stand under a snag, especially one which has broken from its degraded roots and leans rather ominously, supported only by the chance presence of limbs of a neighboring tree which supports its weight.  Humans who do not perceive the danger of standing under a snag, especially when there is a clear path to the ground upon which they stand, might avoid the forest and stick to regions more amenable to recreation.

So what else can cause a tree to fall?  Certainly, a tree which has been infested such as with borer beetles is at risk of suddenly failing, even in a gentle wind, and plunging onto the ground without warning.  Even purely healthy trees can be blown down by a hurricane, although their fall is surprisingly gentle - much of the energy taken up is in the tearing of the vast root system out of the ground, which modulates the energy of the fall.

Finally, there is felling trees, which is a notoriously dangerous and lethal enterprise.  When one fells a tree, there is a danger at the TOP of the tree, which whips down at great velocity and can smash an unwary comrade forester.  But the greatest danger lies at the base, for when a tree fall, it falls upon the branches, which act as massive springs to store the energy of its fall.  Also too, the base of the tree often lifts off the ground to 1-2 meters, which is important in the matter.  Upon the tree coming to rest, it suddenly recoils from the vast energy in the branch-springs, and thrusts rapidly axially, making the sawn base a battering ram which suddenly travels at 40-60 m/s.  A poor forester smashed by such a battering ram of a sawn tree will appear to have been smashed by an automobile at 60 m/s, truly an unnatural death - but one caused by natural causes.

Teddy:
I started collecting data about incidents with fallen trees over tents, which includes visits to the morgue. I now understand much better the autopsy reports.
https://dyatlovpass.com/1079#morgue

Jacques-Emile:
I am chasing the answer as well, and I believe that it is very close to that of Pavlov and Hadjiyska.   I offer two clues, and reaffirm another: 

* In 1079 by Pavlov and Hadjiyska, pages 263 and 277 offer critical clues.
* It is well that the area near 1079 is called Dyatlov Pass.  There are not one, but four, Dyatlovs who are relevant to this case.
* Indeed, six died twice.

Jacques-Emile:
I have found my answer to me, only for me.  I in my soul have been blaspheming.  I came to this place for the eagerness of truth, the mystery of these children.  I have left because I felt an unnameable disquiet.  I came back to read after this wonderful book is been published.

I realize that I speak ad mortuis in lingua mortua.  I disrespect them by doing so.  святой дух rests within them.  "Why do you call to us, who are you?" I imagine the wisps asking me.  I have no answer but selfish curiousity.  I am not kin, I am not tribe or countryman nor comrad, nor student of their Institute.  I am a nothing to them, so Why do I bother them?

As I meant to say before but failed as my English fails, Truth alone bears no value without Meaning, which comes from within.  I have no reason to bother Her children, who am I?  someone who thinks about helicopters, who am I?

I commit sacrilege to enter their tombs, for they have no meaning to me of the such that my audacity in disturbing them is worthy.  I commend them then to the earth of Russia and the soul of God, and walk away out of respect.

I mean these things for me, not for you, do not say that you still have meaning in this quest, I am sure you do.  For me it is meaningless, if balanced on the measure of my own insignificance to them that sleep in Mikhailovskoe and Ivanovskoe awaiting.  I shall give them my gift of peace. Прощай

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version