Factual Information > Video / Photography

Tent/Cedar Point of Views

<< < (2/7) > >>

WAB:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on April 17, 2018, 04:35:28 PM ---Is it possible you can locate the ravine 4 location?

--- End quote ---

I have not understood a question very precisely. If it concerns that I should specify this place (approximately or with accuracy + / - 40 … 50 m or 130 … 160 ft in place) on photos or on the image (small detail in scale to map) it to execute easily.
If it concerns an exact arrangement of a place (with accuracy + / - 10 … 15 m or 30 … 50 ft on place) it is impossible to make it during current time. Still there is no firm confidence that it is found with the big accuracy. There are 2 assumptions. These 2 places settle down on district to distance approximately 30 … 40 m or 100 … 130 ft.
There are 2 different methods to define it.
1. On visible and the image of stones and place`s folds.
2. Under the analysis of several photos 1959. By analysis sun position for day time and filming time, and to visual changes of a relief and etc.
While is the most part of participants of forums considers 1at variant correct. But them almost nobody was on a place be no present at right place, especially at the winter what to judge it correctly. Never correctness was defined by voting, but those who considers 1at variant correct is more.
I (and a little – 2 to 3 person from those who was on a place) we consider correct 2nd variant. But that place which will not coincide with the first variant more exact.
If to be fair it is necessary to tell that at us with my friend Shura (Alexander – it is official name) Alekseenkov different opinion on this place. We were on that place (in the winter on 4 times have visit together ), and in the summer 2 (I am) or 4 (he is) time. But we us different lines of thought to place definition.
It is necessary specify that in photo from above difference in these points will not be appreciable. The difference will be appreciable only on map (scheme or contour) very large-scale.
For example:

Here scale is 1: 2000 or 20 metres in (between) 1 centimetre, or 12 ft between 1 in.
I made it a method which apply to creation orienteering maps

What did you want to ask, as a question: “Is it possible you can locate the ravine 4 location?”©

Loose}{Cannon:
Can you put pointing arrow on this picture? 

WAB:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on April 18, 2018, 05:31:21 AM ---Can you put pointing arrow on this picture? 

--- End quote ---

Yes. But it will be imposed into place Dyatlov. Almost completely.

Here some other image of that picture:

Loose}{Cannon:
Wait wait wait...    Are you saying the ravine was south of the cedar and in between it and the tent?   Obviously much closer to the cedar....

WAB:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on April 19, 2018, 05:46:15 AM --- Are you saying the ravine was south of the cedar and in between it and the tent?   Obviously much closer to the cedar....

--- End quote ---

Please, do You could formulate a question in more details?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version