March 28, 2024, 02:03:07 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Expedition Unknown on Discovery Channel  (Read 19327 times)

August 30, 2019, 08:25:15 AM
Reply #30

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
OK. It’s easier for me, the browser automatically translates English-language sites. I know a little English, but writing in English is difficult.
I have something to say and show. I am familiar with the question of studying bigfoot. In addition, I have hunter friends and unbiased biologists with whom I discussed this version. The conclusions we have are unequivocal. Forest people were involved in the tragedy at the Dyatlov pass. Two.

Great!

Please start a new thread in the proper section for that topic..   Looking forward to it.   okey1

Proper section here. http://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?board=24.0
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 30, 2019, 08:28:12 AM
Reply #31

Teddy

Administrator
OK. It’s easier for me, the browser automatically translates English-language sites. I know a little English, but writing in English is difficult.
I have something to say and show. I am familiar with the question of studying bigfoot. In addition, I have hunter friends and unbiased biologists with whom I discussed this version. The conclusions we have are unequivocal. Forest people were involved in the tragedy at the Dyatlov pass. Two.

Your English is pretty good. What do you mean by "forest people"? Menk?

August 30, 2019, 08:33:25 AM
Reply #32

track hunter

Your English is pretty good. What do you mean by "forest people"? Menk?
Yes. The people of Mansi call him Menkw. Each native people has its own name.

August 30, 2019, 08:34:10 AM
Reply #33

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

Tracker - you have my interest.  I have been exploring the Yeti theory in Yeti/Menk section.  Am interested in what you have to say about the forest people.

Regards
Star man

August 30, 2019, 08:35:58 AM
Reply #34

Teddy

Administrator

August 31, 2019, 02:04:57 PM
Reply #35

Teddy

Administrator

September 04, 2019, 07:24:50 PM
Reply #36

PghRunner

Tonight's episode was very, very good!  Teddy, I can't imagine what it was like to stand there and see the same terrain they did.  It was haunting to watch it on television. 

I thought the ending was quite appropriate and, I will admit, I did tear up when you read the inscription on the memorial and all their names were said.  I do hope, one day, the mystery is solved!
We're all stories in the end....so make it a good one, eh?

September 05, 2019, 08:55:25 AM
Reply #37

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Tonight's episode was very, very good!  Teddy, I can't imagine what it was like to stand there and see the same terrain they did.  It was haunting to watch it on television. 

I thought the ending was quite appropriate and, I will admit, I did tear up when you read the inscription on the memorial and all their names were said.  I do hope, one day, the mystery is solved!

When Teddy was at that memorial rock, she somehow ended up with a few chunks of it stowed away with her gear, and a small piece found its way all the way to Texas.  True story. 

September 05, 2019, 01:42:51 PM
Reply #38

Teddy

Administrator
When Teddy was at that memorial rock, she somehow ended up with a few chunks of it stowed away with her gear, and a small piece found its way all the way to Texas.  True story.
You deserve it. I say this form the bottom of my heart.

September 05, 2019, 03:40:52 PM
Reply #39

Star man

Really enjoyed watching this investigation into the dpi. Much more down to earth. Well done Teddy and the rest of the investigators.

Nice one taking the tree ring samples too.  The show stated they found radiation but not enough to determine that there had been a major event.  Is there more detail on the analysis anywhere?  I would have been looking for a spike of strontium 90 around about the 60thtree ring back (ie 60 years ago) and a more diffuse spread of caesium 137.  Would also have been worth taking a reference tree ring sample some distance away to differentiate between atmospheric increases in radiation due Russian and global nuclear testing at the time.

Regards

Star man

September 05, 2019, 04:41:31 PM
Reply #40

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
These new detectors are capable of picking up the smallest levels, so I'm wondering if this was just BARELY above background levels.  Another rock I have is Trinitite.....  picked it up at the Trinity site New Mexico.   Its 'hot' but perfectly safe to hold...  I just don't recommend swallowing any of it.   shock1

The rock Teddy sent me looks like the ore in which uranium is mined from.... thinking about having it tested. 

September 05, 2019, 09:00:06 PM
Reply #41

JV

It was a great show and you were great expert addition to the show Teddy!!! I'm knew to this whole incident but I know what an emotional impact being there must have been for you.  I'm not as deeply invested into this as all of you and I am sure even I would have been overwhelmed.  Thank you for all you do!!!  clap1

Btw, I LOVE your knitted cap and wonder if you have a pattern for it or if you bought it.

September 05, 2019, 10:50:03 PM
Reply #42

Teddy

Administrator
Btw, I LOVE your knitted cap and wonder if you have a pattern for it or if you bought it.

I am a fashionista now. I bought it from either REI or Sports Direct, many years ago.

September 05, 2019, 11:14:21 PM
Reply #43

Monika

Hello Teddy

Thank you for the link to the video.
On the one hand, it was seen to have been made by an American "little cheesy / film-dramatic style" but on the other hand, I liked Josh's approach to the whole thing very humanly and compassionately. Unfortunately, there are many videos on Dyatl's mystery on YouTube where moderators have fun, laugh, and videos are made more for fun and shocking viewers and lack a human approach.
Now, I'm glad there was a video where the topic is not tabloid.

The idea of testing radiation from inside the tree was good, just a pity we didn't move forward in our quest.

What surprised me was how rocky the slope was, and despite the heavy snow cover, rock stuck everywhere under the snow. I had no idea this before. Now I know how many injuries and scratches could have occurred.

September 05, 2019, 11:46:30 PM
Reply #44

Star man

These new detectors are capable of picking up the smallest levels, so I'm wondering if this was just BARELY above background levels.  Another rock I have is Trinitite.....  picked it up at the Trinity site New Mexico.   Its 'hot' but perfectly safe to hold...  I just don't recommend swallowing any of it.   shock1

The rock Teddy sent me looks like the ore in which uranium is mined from.... thinking about having it tested.

If it is uranium ore there might also be some radium in it.  Keep it in a well ventilated area as it might produce radon gas.

Going back to the show and the tree samples the thing to look for would be changes in relative abundance of Strontium 90 across the tree rings.  Radiation alone might not be significant after 60 years.  Would be interesting to see how the tests were done.  Did they use mass spectroscopy for instance.

Also in the show they took directly radiation readings from the tree.  Would be interesting to understand if this was just gamma or also beta and alpha.

The show was really good.  Gives a much greater sense of how desolate the place is.  Definitely the best tv show for someone who is just starting to learn about the dpi.

Regards

Star man

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:01:12 AM by Teddy »