March 28, 2024, 06:10:43 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Dyatlov vs. Chivruay  (Read 20034 times)

June 05, 2020, 01:21:50 AM
Reply #60

dilov

PJ, thanks for the new links.

With all that different kinds of equipment brought to the summit, Chinese would secure the most precise measurement of the height so far.

I was not able to find the quotation about "Traditional trigonometric readings" in both sources, but if that would be true, obviously the surveyors took every possible approach to secure the perfect measurement, possible nowadays.

June 05, 2020, 01:44:51 AM
Reply #61

Nigel Evans

I'm puzzled by the effort being made to exactly measure the height of Everest. It is simply part of the planet's crust whose altitude is known to be dynamic. E.g. whilst most of the world's coastline will see sea level rise in the future, in northern latitudes (say Finland) the sea level will drop as the earth's crust continues to "rebound" from the weight of ice sheets in past Ice ages.

June 05, 2020, 07:57:15 AM
Reply #62

PJ

I was not able to find the quotation about "Traditional trigonometric readings" in both sources, but if that would be true, obviously the surveyors took every possible approach to secure the perfect measurement, possible nowadays.
Sorry, I forgot to put link to it. This info was from some earlier article ExplorersWeb
https://explorersweb.com/2020/05/06/chinese-head-for-everest-summit/

June 05, 2020, 03:51:16 PM
Reply #63

WAB

Does anybody know if there is an official way of measuring mountains that most countries use?

Teddy asked me for a comment on this, so here it is.

Thank you very much for this article. Everything is very clever and detailed.
I especially liked that you cited the W Levin statement, the meaning that which I have been trying for many years to push fans "defining the place tent with the accuracy to millimeter" with the help of vizier and photo welcher printed on the printer.

any measurement given without its error is a pure rubbish.

I also want thank PJ for their additions and comments.
Still, I'm curious about what the Chinese are going achieve

PS. For PJ : what looks more like G5 antenna in the picture? but is not receiver of navigation system. It uses non-directional antennas.

June 06, 2020, 07:41:43 AM
Reply #64

PJ

PS. For PJ : what looks more like G5 antenna in the picture? but is not receiver of navigation system. It uses non-directional antennas.
on this photo, the satellite navigation receiver is at the top- you could see white small disc, the other things(colorful lenses) are for optical measurements from below I guess(but I am not expert in this things, probably Dilov could say more about it what is on this photo)

the 5G antennas are big, here is photo from the Everest BC:

https://explorersweb.com/2020/04/22/chinese-install-5g-and-live-webcam-coverage-on-everest/

I am wondering what power supply they have for the 5G antennas they need quite a lot of power to operate. I think solar panels could be not enough so maybe some radioactive batteries  dunno1

June 07, 2020, 01:05:54 PM
Reply #65

WAB

on this photo, the satellite navigation receiver is at the top- you could see white small disc, the other things(colorful lenses) are for optical measurements from below I guess(but I am not expert in this things, probably Dilov could say more about it what is on this photo)

the 5G antennas are big, here is photo from the Everest BC:

https://explorersweb.com/2020/04/22/chinese-install-5g-and-live-webcam-coverage-on-everest/

I am wondering what power supply they have for the 5G antennas they need quite a lot of power to operate. I think solar panels could be not enough so maybe some radioactive batteries  dunno1

Thank you! You have the interesting post, but because I'm exhausted all the time for today, I'll answer later.
All I can tell you is that the antennas can be of any shape as long as they're covered by radio-transparent protective shells.

June 10, 2020, 12:29:38 PM
Reply #66

RidgeWatcher

Qoute: "Still, I'm curious about what the Chinese are going achieve" WAB

I think since our President has admonished the Chinese and banned Huawei, the Chinese are using a show of force to illustrate that they can put 5G on top of the world. I have read many times that the actual top of Mount Everest is the size of a truck, so these photos are interesting. The President also condemns the Chinese for building small military islands in their own front yard, perhaps the Chinese are showing the U.S. and everyone else exactly where their backyard is, even if this subject is politically incorrect. Or maybe the Chinese are mad because our President blamed them for a virus that has its origins from Mrs. Gates lovely alma mater at Chapel Hill and the lovely Canadian town of Winnipeg. IMHO

June 15, 2020, 12:16:04 PM
Reply #67

WAB

Qoute: "Still, I'm curious about what the Chinese are going achieve" WAB

I think since our President has admonished the Chinese and banned Huawei, the Chinese are using a show of force to illustrate that they can put 5G on top of the world. I have read many times that the actual top of Mount Everest is the size of a truck, so these photos are interesting.

As I understood from the accompanying text, they did not put these towers at the top itself, but somewhere near or relatively close to it. I think that having a good connection in this place will be of great benefit to everyone, no matter who did it. Of course, if the owner doesn't make inflated and overstated claims.

The President also condemns the Chinese for building small military islands in their own front yard, perhaps the Chinese are showing the U.S. and everyone else exactly where their backyard is, even if this subject is politically incorrect. Or maybe the Chinese are mad because our President blamed them for a virus that has its origins from Mrs. Gates lovely alma mater at Chapel Hill and the lovely Canadian town of Winnipeg. IMHO

I don't know all the details and I don't want to talk about politics here, but if the country itself is doing something on its territory, should it be a subject for instruction from other countries? I think that many threats in the world are very much overstated. Usually that's what they point out when they want to get some benefits for themselves. Very often they want to take advantage of it at the expense of others.
As for the virus, very little is known yet. Many very important virus scientists consider it to have happened naturally. It was created by mutations.
Our scientist Ivan Michurin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Vladimirovich_Michurin  ) said that: "We don't have wait grace from nature..." (c) After him, some of our humorists added: "...after what we did to her..." (c)  grin1 although Michurin spoke further about plant breeding...  grin1
So it's too early to draw conclusions and blame someone. Time will put everything in its place.
If I remember correctly, Colin Powell at the UN showed a test tube with an alleged "bacteriological weapon" accused Saddam Hussein of it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush%E2%80%93Blair_2003_Iraq_memo   .
The war in Iraq has killed more than 1 million citizens, and the information about this weapon has turned out to be a fake.

PS. Unfortunately, I won't be able to write here for some time. I'll give you all the answers later.