April 30, 2024, 09:00:35 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Tent
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 07:19:37 PM »
There are cohesive groups and fractured groups. When the the issue of mending the tent was raised, we did not see in the record immediate cooperative volunterrism. The record tells that there was arguement and friction. It may be trivial, or not. The point is that from the case files we know the group was goal oriented, but they proceeded enjoying themselves,along the way. The point is that whether or not the group dynamic worked worked for or against them when the going got rough. Evidence for that starts with footprints fanning out from the tent ending with the grouping of the deceased. Please do not read anything more into this than a general discussion of mindsets in a time of crisis.
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on Today at 06:02:53 PM »
GlennM

did you think ...all 9 hikers should have not traveled as far as they did, as supposed? because of the individuality of each outlook of the 9 hikers had regarding what needed to be done and what they all didn't do???

Read ... Topic: Lyuda and Krivonischenko (Case Files 293-294) ...in DyatlovPass Forum...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 04:59:09 PM »
We are presented with an image that these hikers are brave and noble Soviet youth. OK, but there are things that are also suspect. The expedition leader wants a challenging hike, but accepts a friend who in all liklihood could not complete the trip and another who couldn't for academic reasons. When warned of dangeous conditions by the forester, he ignores it.Another member was the group penniless entertainer, but also a prankster whom gets in trouble more than once. Is it he who hides because he can not pay train fare? There are two women on the trip, one is rigid in her ways, the other plays with men's hearts. Two of her involvements are on the expedition. We have a soldier who wants to improve his circumstances and adjust his attitude. We have people in the group who do not like to be told what and when to do things for group solidarity.We have someone as the group police who assigns detentions which are not honored. Several were smokers, easily winded at high altitudes. We have leadership setting a schedule of progress which is not honored by,some in the group. Finally, we see that the goal of the hike suddenly gets a lot harder once the free rides cease. They lasted what, two or three days on the actual trail and had to backtrack on one of them? The focus of most theories centers on external causation. But, this tent thread raises the issue of human error stemming from the group dynamic as an integral and unfixable element.
« Last post by Axelrod on Today at 09:04:51 AM »
1) I think now that is Dyatlov's diary with photo of Zina Kolmogorova. So prosecuters decided it was Kolmogorova's diary.

2) I believe that this cuts of tent appeared later that this record in diary. So these cuts cannot be sewed by tourists because cuts were non existibg.
General Discussion / Re: Mansi question
« Last post by GlennM on April 29, 2024, 06:25:02 PM »
I'm having trouble with this. If like some they just don't want to get involved, the Mansi are not going to flip over or move a body. People,will ask questions. If the Mansi are going to get involved, then of course report it! If they are looting the corpses, then flipping them back over would be smart. Personally, I do not have any reason to believe the bodies were disturbed until they were found.

« Last post by Teddy on April 28, 2024, 11:57:44 PM »
Then again, doesn't 1079's name translate as " nothing goes there?" If so, why would Mansi bother to hunt where the game is not?

https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy#otorten
« Last post by GlennM on April 28, 2024, 04:24:09 PM »
I still think the post raises two issues, one of greater importance. That issue is who authored the unknown diary? If it can not be authenticated then its contents are heresay. Secondly, patching or not patching the tent is trivial. I still contend that the topic was brought up in order to get insight into the mindset of the hikers.  Based on the gestalt of diaries and physical evidence, I feel that the whole business of patching the canvas was hormonal hijinks. BYW, did anybody else note that all of the rescue/recovery teams were all male? The Dyatlov expedition was remarkable.
« Last post by GlennM on April 28, 2024, 04:14:18 PM »
Then again, doesn't 1079's name translate as " nothing goes there?" If so, why would Mansi bother to hunt where the game is not?
General Discussion / Treks
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on April 28, 2024, 10:27:59 AM »
Everyone and Teddy:

This is why,   I started to get involved with this incident of all 9 hikers...it's seem that whoever did this to all 9 hikers wanted to have everyone too believe all 9 hikers didn't have any skiing or camping experience...so I found in Dyatlov Pass "TREKS"

sending image

« Last post by amashilu on April 28, 2024, 09:33:03 AM »
Yes, maybe. That is certainly one possibility.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10