March 18, 2024, 10:17:08 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Pic 34 Krivonishenko  (Read 8039 times)

September 18, 2020, 01:10:13 AM
Read 8039 times

Catcala

Just when I thought I had this picture figured out I find out this was a lab shot. I knew I would learn something new here lol!

I was using the very sharpened pic of this shot to try and figure it out. You know how sometimes you are trying to take your camera out and accidentally take a pic of your knee or something?  That’s what this looks like. If you look at the white line slightly peaked on the right bottom of photo, right under it is the peaked double stitching in the shape of the bottom of a pocket on a western style shirt. The white line is thread, if you magnify it you can see the twists in it. Very bottom left corner you can see a double welt machine sewn buttonhole. The round white thing? Maybe a button made of horn or antler and the white thing in left top?  Could be a mitten or something. Maybe the lab guy got a picture of his shirt or jacket when he took that pic.

September 18, 2020, 03:03:12 AM
Reply #1

sparrow

Welcome catcala.

Good catch on the photo (provided those nice straight lines are not damage to the film). thumb1  I am not saying it is damage because I know basically nothing about photography.

You are right about the bound button hole (doesn't look like machine stitched) and the lower part of a pocket.  It would really be nice to figure out this photo and be able to move on from at least one thing.

September 18, 2020, 01:41:50 PM
Reply #2

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Looks like 2 buttons. One button being blurred.
DB

September 18, 2020, 04:14:16 PM
Reply #3

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
not sure how you have digitally manipulated this shot?  It is possible that the shot was taken accidentally after the event.  Or it was not.  If it was not then it would be foolish to overlook it.  If we assumed that it was taken deliberately then we would need to understand what the subject of the shot was?

The shot is dark, and if taken in haste would likely be under exposed.  If you digitally enhance the exposure you find that there is symetry in the shot.  Turn it through 90 degrees and you get this.

If you are deliberately taking a photo of something symmetrical, you would centre the subject in the frame

Regards

Star man

February 22, 2022, 03:17:28 PM
Reply #4

Ziljoe

Looks like the octagonal aperture of the camera diaphragm.

Agree , it has been discussed at length  on this forum in relative detail.