April 27, 2024, 03:32:02 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: They were found under the cedar /Regarding "Blanket"  (Read 5142 times)

July 15, 2023, 12:43:34 AM
Read 5142 times

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone:

I read the article "They Found under the Cedar"   Author "Storm" at Otorten and this is regarding "Blanket" under the photo in the article reads:
Looks like a draped blanket (cover) on top of the bodies. Then it disappeared somewhere. There is no mention in the case files either. 

Is this the Blanket that (Author) is talking about????  Everyone has to "Remember"...Pashin had two days before he told anyone that the Tent was found.....(Two Days)

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

https://dyatlovpass.com/under-the-cedar

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-volume-2-10

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:14:52 PM by Teddy »

July 15, 2023, 08:05:51 AM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

The mention of the blanket at the ceder may be down to several misinterpretations. As can be seen in the photo, after some snow is cleared , Yuri Krivonischenko shirt gives the impression of a blanket. It is his shirt lying off to the right side.

Pashin does not say what day he found the tent.

Pashin also goes to state "  On the fifth day of our search we found 4 bodies covered with snow and on this day we were taken back home with helicopter to the village of Vizhay."

When he says "we" I think he means the whole search team. It is a generalisation....

It was Koptelov and Sharavin that found the first two bodies . Slobtsov supplies the statement for Koptelov and Sharavin. Not only that, we can see from the photos of how the two Yuri's were found. There does not seem to be a blanket.

On February 27, 1959 11 am, at a distance of 1.5 km from the tent, Koptelov and Sharavin found the first two bodies. The bodies were of Yuri Doroshenko and Yuri Krivonischenko. Neither Sharavin nor Koptelov were questioned during the investigation. Sharavin says that, by the time the investigation was conducted, he was in a hospital and therefore couldn’t testify; even more reason why there should have been a statement by Koptelov. The statement in the criminal files is by Slobtsov:
"While looking carefully around the area, Mikhail (Sharavin) noticed something dark close to a cedar tree. There was a flat area next to the cedar, and on this were remains of a fire. About two or 3 m from the fire they found Yuri Doroshenko, frozen without his clothes and with his hand burned; and a little to the side they found Yuri Krivonischenko in the same state. Under Doroshenko’s body were three or four cedar branches of about the same thickness."

However , as people came and went , at the ceder and at boot rock ,where the first 4 bodies were put for storage , for the helicopter. It is quite possible that the bodies were covered with a blanket out of respect and protection. If I remember correctly, I believe one of the two Yuri's was left over night at the ceder. I would not be surprised if they decided to cover the body from the elements for the night, then,a different search team member comes the following day and sees the body covered with a blanket and we have another innocent misunderstanding.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:15:24 PM by Teddy »

July 15, 2023, 01:44:38 PM
Reply #2

WAB

Dear Ziljoe !
Since this "blanket" story was on my radar when it first arose, I think we should add information here to reduce unnecessary emotion and conspiracy.

The mention of the blanket at the ceder may be down to several misinterpretations.

I will try to reconstruct the history of this myth about "Sharavin's blankets".
As far as I remember, for the first time this "quilt2" was talked about in February 2009 at a regular conference.
For example, here is a frame from the video, where we discussed it and I tried to remind Mikhail Sharavin that there is no blanket at the cedar in the photo. This is the exact moment in the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v0XugI1RxrUJnBi81tc2ESqqtmFFQ3pq/view?usp=drive_link

The video was made at the Boston grin1 Kuntsevich Tea Party right after the 2009 conference in honor of the 50th anniversary of the events at Dyatlov Pass.
After some time Mikhail Sharavin still agreed that it was an aberration in his memory, as a lot of time had passed and a lot of events and conversations had been layered.

As can be seen in the photo, after some snow is cleared , Yuri Krivonischenko shirt gives the impression of a blanket. It is his shirt lying off to the right side.

Quite right. This is exactly what I told Yudin ( in roughly the same words ) when he later recalled this "blanket" from Sharavin's words.

However , as people came and went , at the ceder and at boot rock ,where the first 4 bodies were put for storage , for the helicopter. It is quite possible that the bodies were covered with a blanket out of respect and protection.

Yes, they were covered there (at the big rock on the pass), but not with a blanket but with a big piece of tarpaulin. However, even under it they were packed in sleeping bags before being sent to the helicopter.

If I remember correctly, I believe one of the two Yuri's was left over night at the ceder.

Yes. He didn't get picked up that day and was re-transported one day later.

I would not be surprised if they decided to cover the body from the elements for the night, then,a different search team member comes the following day and sees the body covered with a blanket and we have another innocent misunderstanding.

Since the conversation about the "blanket" came from Sharavin's words, he never once told me that he went up to the place where the bodies were lying by the stone.
It is a layering of memories associated with emotions when they accidentally found the bodies at the cedar. It is remembered for a long time, and if later people get used to what has already happened and had time to get used to the sight of the bodies, it is not perceived so acutely.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:15:36 PM by Teddy »

The following users thanked this post: Morski, Ehtnisba, marieuk, Dimitris68, RMK, Ziljoe

July 15, 2023, 03:07:07 PM
Reply #3

Ziljoe

Thank you WAB!

Even my memory fades . Not so much from age but having read so much across so many posts and websites.

There are so many authors claiming facts where there are none. It would be useful to have a thread/post where repeated myths are put forward. I know those that make YouTube videos are particularly bad for keeping misinformation going around in circles.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:15:47 PM by Teddy »

July 15, 2023, 03:32:16 PM
Reply #4

Ziljoe

@WAB.

My only question would be , how do we know they were putting sleeping bags before being put in the helicopter, the reason I ask is the body positions of Zina would not fit a sleeping bag for example.

Also if Sharavin did not take the photos of the two Yuri's at the ceder and they were taken after, he would not know what lay under the snow .
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:15:58 PM by Teddy »

July 15, 2023, 10:44:22 PM
Reply #5

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone:

What I'm talking about the blanket disappeared and not has mentioned in the Article under the photo, I was talking about the receipt of Y. Doroshenko's blanket, could the blanket be the same blanket that covered Y. Doroshenko's body....is this the only Item (blanket) that some of Y. Doroshenko family "Claimed" ????  Of all the personal items that were found in the tent, of all 9 Hikers, only a receipt for the blanket is the Y. Doroshenko which is odd...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:16:09 PM by Teddy »

July 16, 2023, 01:49:56 AM
Reply #6

Ziljoe

Kathleen Dee Smith, I'm not sure what you are looking for.  There is no evidence that there was a blanket covering Y.Doroshenko.

Below is a list of his belongings and it seems they were receipted by a friend and posted to his brother..

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-233-257

Sheet 240

Protocol
identification of items №5 city of Sverdlovsk, 30 March

Prosecutor criminalist of the Prosecutor's Office of Sverdlovsk Region, Jr Counselor of Justice Ivanov in the presence of witnesses Yuri Efimovich Yudin Yuri, student UPI, course I-480 and Galina Nikolaevna Hamova, UPI, course S-344, presented Victor Nikolaevich Kostrulin, student UPI, course R-463, personal items that could allegedly belong to Y.N. Doroshenko.

V.N. Kostrulin, after examining the equipment, stated that the following items belonged to his friend Y.N. Doroshenko:

1 Padded jacket blue
2 Fur hat, borrowed from Kostrulin
back

3 Sleeveless fur vest borrowed from Farid Gaynutdinov, course R-463
4 Trunks blue satin
5 Socks simple brown
6 Tshirt green
7 Checkered shirt with large squares "Bulga..."
8 Socks wool knitted
9 Scarf brown.
10 Blanket woolen, brown, taken from 10 student dormitory
11 Trunks satin blue
12 Trousers blue, knitted
13 Socks

V.N. Kostrulin identified with certainty all the items listed above.

Signatures:   
Kostrulin
Hamova
Yudin
Ivanov (signature)

Sheet 241

Protocol is recorded correctly.

V. Kostrulin (signature)

Recceipt

I, V.N. Kostrulin, received items №2 and 3 listed in this protocol.

V. Kostrulin (signature)

Receipt

I, Vasiliy Andrianovich Shulyatev, received items № 1, №№ 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13 12 listed in this protocol and the blue sweater listed in protocol №2 in order to be sent to Volodya Doroshenko in city of Aktyubinsk, brother of Yuri Doroshenko.

Signature: Shulyatev 9 April 1959

The following users thanked this post: KathleenDSmith1

July 17, 2023, 03:35:01 AM
Reply #7

Axelrod

Blanket of Doroshenko was not his own. It was from students' hostel so it was not recognized by his relatives.

July 17, 2023, 08:58:20 PM
Reply #8

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone:

Thank You, I understand the listing of items found...but I talking about is Case files vol 2-10 regarding Sheet 10, which is not listed on this particular image that I will post from another member.... I have sent three images one Sheet 10 is not listed, and Case files Vol 2-10 which is listed as Sheet 10.....Blankets were listed, but only "ONE" Blanket had a receipt ...Sheet 10..

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

July 17, 2023, 10:00:30 PM
Reply #9

Ziljoe

It might be easier if you say what you think you have found.

Some of the personal belongings were handed over at different times. The blanket may have belonged to the dormitory.

On sheet 240 of volume 1.
There is the list of items that they believe belongs to Y.N. Doroshenko.

Number 10 is a blanket,

Vasiliy Andrianovich Shulyatev, received items № 1, №№ 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13 12 listed in this protocol and the blue sweater listed in protocol №2 in order to be sent to Volodya Doroshenko in city of Aktyubinsk, brother of Yuri Doroshenko.

So the blanket wasn't receipted at that time. Which I believe was the 30th of march 1959. That maybe because the didn't think it belonged to  Yuri Doroshenko.

July 18, 2023, 10:44:37 AM
Reply #10

Axelrod

Please read 10   Apr 9 - Receipt from V. Tayl (room 531) for Doroshenko's blanket

July 18, 2023, 11:54:54 AM
Reply #11

Ziljoe

Please read 10   Apr 9 - Receipt from V. Tayl (room 531) for Doroshenko's blanket

I am agreeing with you Axelrod. I don't know what Kathleen d smith1 is trying to say.

July 18, 2023, 06:31:54 PM
Reply #12

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone:

Out of 9 blankets, only one has a receipt for a blanket that was used by Yuri Doroshenko.  Both bodies of Yuri D. and Yuri K. were placed there under the Cedar.

"The position Doroshenko's body was found does not match the livor mortis on his back. The bodies were laid down next to each other points to the post-mortem manipulations.: sending image

Also, I have  Rustem Slobodin Autopsy report regarding live mortis... I don't believe that the last four victims took both Yuri's clothes off, for warmth knowing...the material was not of winter fabric...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 06:53:46 PM by KathleenDSmith1 »

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

July 19, 2023, 02:01:51 AM
Reply #13

Ziljoe

Everyone:

Out of 9 blankets, only one has a receipt for a blanket that was used by Yuri Doroshenko.  Both bodies of Yuri D. and Yuri K. were placed there under the Cedar.

"The position Doroshenko's body was found does not match the livor mortis on his back. The bodies were laid down next to each other points to the post-mortem manipulations.: sending image

Also, I have  Rustem Slobodin Autopsy report regarding live mortis... I don't believe that the last four victims took both Yuri's clothes off, for warmth knowing...the material was not of winter fabric...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

And?

What are you saying , what's your theory ? What's  special about the blanket or blankets, receipts etc?

The reason I ask is we might be able to point you to past discussions.

July 19, 2023, 11:37:57 AM
Reply #14

Axelrod

I can suppose that Zolotaryov was without blanket.
Green blanket firstly recognized as blanket of Zolotaryov - appeared finally as blanket of Yudin.
It was detected by a stempel of his hostel on this blanket. (also for Kolmogorova and DOrroshenko).