Theories Discussion > General Discussion

What Questions Would You Ask?

<< < (3/7) > >>

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Jay on March 24, 2021, 11:59:32 AM ---The following has been nagging me, but forgive me if these have already been discussed before.

They were experienced hikers (except maybe Semyon Zolotaryov), they knew how to navigate. But still, did they have a compass or some kind of navigation equipment between them?
And how come so few torches between them and I haven't seen much talk about batteries for the torches - they knew they would be spending many dark nights on this expedition.

--- End quote ---

I'm always open to hearing other's question, even if they been asked!! 

They did have navigation aids.  I know there is a picture of Dyatlov with his compass.  It might take me a bit to find it, though.  They also had different maps of the area, although those and the topography drawings were taken during the investigation and have not reappeared in the case files :(

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Jay on March 24, 2021, 11:59:32 AM ---The following has been nagging me, but forgive me if these have already been discussed before.

They were experienced hikers (except maybe Semyon Zolotaryov), they knew how to navigate. But still, did they have a compass or some kind of navigation equipment between them?
And how come so few torches between them and I haven't seen much talk about batteries for the torches - they knew they would be spending many dark nights on this expedition.

--- End quote ---

Okay, according to the case files, in the university project plan, the group was allotted five compasses:

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-199-208?rbid=17743

marieuk:

--- Quote from: KFinn on March 23, 2021, 07:49:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: marieuk on March 23, 2021, 04:28:20 PM ---I'd like to ask Zolotaryev what he thought he was going to be famous for and similar to you, why Igor had a photo of Zina.  I guess he must have liked her to keep her photo.  I wonder if anyone else knew he had it.  Yes and also Lyuda why she seemed to be acting out of character. So many questions.

--- End quote ---

Agreed!!!

I often wonder if Lyuda simply wanted to get on the trek, you know?  Like, I get overwhelmed and way over-stimulated during the process of getting TO a hike and I am SO grumpy, lol!!  I just want to get going but its hurry up and wait, packing and traveling to where we are hiking.  Being that they hadn't had a lot of sleep in the days of the trip from Sverdlovsk, and the trip itself was not comfortable (packed onto the train and then into a bus like sardines,) I've often hoped Lyuda was just grumpy and ready to get out and ski, lol.  It gives me hope that she refound her happiness in the final days.  She had such a gorgeous, full smile in some of the photos from previous treks that I wish we could have saved her from such a tragedy.  I wish they all had not experienced it.  Its hard, having kids their age and thinking, that could be my daughter or my son!! 

--- End quote ---

Yes I completely agree.  Great post with some very interesting answers.  I like DB's approach - no messing about, straight to the top.

Manti:
I would ask them about superstitions they had...

What did they think about the Yeti? Was it just a joke, or more? Why did they carry around onions and garlic in their pockets? Is the smell supposed to keep wolves away? What mineral did they hope to find in that core sample at 2nd Northern? Did they toy with the idea of finding something in the mountains? Gold perhaps? Why did Igor say they might be late?

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Manti on April 18, 2021, 08:34:57 AM ---I would ask them about superstitions they had...

What did they think about the Yeti? Was it just a joke, or more? Why did they carry around onions and garlic in their pockets? Is the smell supposed to keep wolves away? What mineral did they hope to find in that core sample at 2nd Northern? Did they toy with the idea of finding something in the mountains? Gold perhaps? Why did Igor say they might be late?

--- End quote ---

Oh, excellent!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version