Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Exiting the tent

<< < (22/22)

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Zyd on April 19, 2021, 10:54:19 PM ---Rustem had one sock in his pocket but 4 on his feet. Many explanations... He may have felt he did not need to wear it, didn't know he had it (was already in his jacket pocket before the incident and he didnt know.... or he grabbed it and forgot).. hypothermia makes you stupid I have had before. I think most likely is he did not feel he needed one extra sock and then forgot about it due to other concerns. One extra sock would not have save him...

Nikolay was well dressed and did not die of cold. His gloves maybe where in his pocket so he could perform a task using dexterity, or he didn't feel he needed to wear them.

Aleksandr I see no evidence he had extra clothing in his pockets. I am reading the original autopsy in Russian maybe I miss it but i see nothing? He did have a jacket unbuttoned, not unusual for hypothermia. He may have felt hot when he died. Many different variables.

--- End quote ---

When hiking in freezing conditions, it is common to put your wet gloves and socks and such inside the layers of your clothing to dry out without them freezing.  Then they are wearable again the next day.  They probably did not put them on that night because wet socks and gloves/mittens would have resulted in a quicker onset of frostbite.

Zyd:

--- Quote from: Dona on April 20, 2021, 08:17:44 AM ---
But, at some point, Rustem would have  found it in his pocket..
--- End quote ---

I have already explained that he may have not even needed the sock. He was already wear four. The extra may not fit or compress too much. It may have been wet. He may not know he had a sock.

This is pointless anyway because one extra wet sock would not have made a difference! Rustik was well dress.

--- Quote ---Nick.. I dont think there could be any realistic explanation to not put his gloves on..
--- End quote ---

Them being wet due to building the den may be a reason. Soaked thru gloves are not helpful.

Paf:
About the tent cut, we all assume they were made from inside.
I do believe ewpert when they say the knife was inside the tent.

But have you ever tried to cut a loose, thick fabrique ?  Especially if you don't want to touch something inside ? You wont just pock the knife through, it's too loose to work well and you risk to make damage on the other side.

They might have use their knife from outside, but cutting inside-out direction, handing the knife that way :

Sunny:

--- Quote from: Paf on April 20, 2021, 02:14:48 PM ---About the tent cut, we all assume they were made from inside.
I do believe ewpert when they say the knife was inside the tent.

But have you ever tried to cut a loose, thick fabrique ?  Especially if you don't want to touch something inside ? You wont just pock the knife through, it's too loose to work well and you risk to make damage on the other side.

They might have use their knife from outside, but cutting inside-out direction, handing the knife that way :

--- End quote ---
this is exactly what I think. The rescue workers cut the tent open, what else could they have done, if they wanted to see inside, and were worried abaout their frineds? Of course one would take a knife or ice ax and cut it open to see what's inside, they said they did this. So the cuts they made LOOK a if they were made from inside because of the way they hold the knife. That's the only way to do it. You can't just cut a tent that is on the ground, but you have to put the knife first in and then lift the material up a bit so that the fabric comes off the ground , and then tear it pulling the knife toward yourself. Of course it looks like it was made inside.
So, what does this mean? Nothing much. But we can forget the theory of panic escape or smoke from stove. The tent probably was collapsed. But it still doesn't explain why they  left without warm clothes to sure death.One does that only if a gun is put against their head, or if you are out of your mind, intoxicated, in delirium, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version