Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Nigel's thoughts on the book

(1/10) > >>

Nigel Evans:
We're not reading the same book....
Imo it's a good explanation for the ravine crushing and not much else.

* There are four? photos of them ascending above the treeline and building their last camp. Ivanov was satisfied that the position of these photos on the roll(s) fitted with them ascending and making camp on the ridge on Feb 1? He even guessed the time?
* Ivanov was satisfied that the hand written entries in the diaries (particularly Igor's concern about camping on the ridge) were genuine.
* Zinaida's facial injuries don't fit.
* Ditto Rustem's head injuries on both sides of the head don't really fit.
* The stove burnt YuriK's leg, charred one half of one toe and YuriD's hands and singed his hair?
* This red hot stove badly burns YuriK through his trousers and socks but magically doesn't even singe the tent?
* The dark hands and faces are just ignored because there is no explanation within this narrative?
* The rest of the story about creating the campsite, positioning the bodies on the slope and creating the footsteps is just bonkers imo. Why not just pack everything up, dress them, strap them into their backpacks and skis and put them in the river under the ice? If they were ever found at all in such a remote region there's an easy explanation that they fell through weak ice and the fish did the rest.
* After the last four were found and defection concerns were satisfied,  Urakov travelled from Moscow to Sverdlovsk to shut the case down? Urakov's boss sat at the same table with Khrushchev and he's protecting some goons in Ivdel? Most unlikely.As said before there were 75 theories, now there are 76. Sorry.

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Teddy on February 21, 2021, 01:44:40 AM ---Ivanov apologized 30 years after the fact that he didn't do his job.

--- End quote ---
Where did he say that?
Whilst i'm waiting for an answer i'll have to breath in and out a few times... quiet1

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: GKM on February 21, 2021, 04:49:17 AM ---I could not be silent on this matter. There are many on this forum who do not want this case solved. There are many that want a supernatural explanation for what happened. A ufo, yeti, and, of course, there is the ball lightening theory, and many more completely incomprehensible theories. Refusal to accept that it was a tragic accident is to refuse reality. The disbelief that it would be covered up in the way it was is completely understandable something the Soviets were masters of and still are to this day. A perfect example of this was the sinking of the Kursk, another tragic accident that was covered up by high ranking military. No one wanted to be the bearer of bad news because heads rolled when news arrived that no one wanted to hear and absolutely nothing got done to try and help those poor sailors trapped within that submarine until Putin was alerted to exactly how bad it was by the intelligence of countries such as America, England, and Norway, only then did his people have to come forward with the entire truth and heads did roll over it and he finally ordered his navy to accept international help. That is a perfect example of how things work in Russia. How can a sensible, thinking person not see how the DPI played out? And how can any reasonably intelligent person believe the group camped on that exposed ridge? This forum has turned into a mockery and that is very unfortunate because those nine people deserve better.

--- End quote ---
It's spelt ball lightning and it's an accepted physical phenomena, attracting theories from many highly regarded scientists.

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Nigel Evans on February 21, 2021, 04:43:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Teddy on February 21, 2021, 01:44:40 AM ---Ivanov apologized 30 years after the fact that he didn't do his job.

--- End quote ---
Where did he say that?
Whilst i'm waiting for an answer i'll have to breath in and out a few times... quiet1

--- End quote ---
"I asked the correspondent to publish my apologies to the relatives of the victims for distorting the truth, to hide the truth from them, and since there were no places for this in the four issues of the newspaper, I bring this publication to the families of the victims, especially to apologize to the relatives of Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov."
https://dyatlovpass.com/lev-ivanov

Are you sticking our your tongue out to me? This is a joke for you?

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 21, 2021, 07:48:32 AM ---I miss the "old" Nigel. The one who offered intriguing and well-considered ideas in the forum. Especially ideas about the military exercise/exploded missile scenario or the ball lightning scenario. Pointing out someone's spelling error contributes nothing. Or criticizing others without providing alternate ideas.

--- End quote ---

One things for sure the old nigel is even older. I've provided many alternate ideas enough to fill several books.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version