Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Nigel's thoughts on the book

<< < (2/10) > >>

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Teddy on February 21, 2021, 08:50:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nigel Evans on February 21, 2021, 04:43:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Teddy on February 21, 2021, 01:44:40 AM ---Ivanov apologized 30 years after the fact that he didn't do his job.

--- End quote ---
Where did he say that?
Whilst i'm waiting for an answer i'll have to breath in and out a few times... quiet1

--- End quote ---
"I asked the correspondent to publish my apologies to the relatives of the victims for distorting the truth, to hide the truth from them, and since there were no places for this in the four issues of the newspaper, I bring this publication to the families of the victims, especially to apologize to the relatives of Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov."
https://dyatlovpass.com/lev-ivanov

Are you sticking our your tongue out to me? This is a joke for you?

--- End quote ---

He's apologising to the relatives for having to obey orders and front a coverup of death by freezing face to face with irate parents something Okishev admitted gave him sleepless nights. Ivanov hints at the consequences of disobedience with "Beria was gone but his methods remained" and quickly adds that all orders were obeyed. He's not apologising for being a poor investigator. His first duty was to the hierarchy. Which raises the question why were sverdlovsk officials forced into a coverup?

Apologies for the smiley if it offended, but maybe best not to answer criticism with stuff like "full of hatred" eh?

GKM:
Nigel, what do you believe caused the wounds to Zina's face? I am only curious.I guess I don't understand what sets off the alarm bells. They are rather jagged but I have seen worse. I'm not being flippant merely, like I said, curious.   dunno1

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: GKM on February 21, 2021, 10:20:02 AM ---Nigel, what do you believe caused the wounds to Zina's face? I am only curious.I guess I don't understand what sets off the alarm bells. They are rather jagged but I have seen worse. I'm not being flippant merely, like I said, curious.   dunno1

--- End quote ---

She was found "face in blood" and the pathologist described them as abrasions. So this seems to (strongly?) suggest that she was still alive when she fell. People don't bleed like that when they're dead? She's been cleaned up for the morgue photo. Given that the abrasions include her eye lid it would seem that the agent was wind born. N.B. the young trees at the treeline had their uphill sides stripped of bark. Like sand blasted but with ice? High speed winds? Aggressive chemicals?

Nigel Evans:
https://dyatlovpass.com/labaz?lid=1

I don't think so, try again guys.

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: marieuk on February 22, 2021, 07:45:09 AM ---i think the suggestion in the book, is that the tent was pitched in the woods and the labaz was dug out on the slope as per Igor's original plan.  When they re-staged the scene, they used the dug out labaz on the slope, to pitch the tent there.  So the labaz was not where we thought it was.  hope I've got that right.

--- End quote ---

I don't think so, try again guys...

Dyatlov group diary 31 January 1959
 Weather today is a bit worse – wind (west), snowing (probably from the pines), since the sky is perfectly clear.
 Started relatively early (around 10 am). Got back on the Mansi trail. (Up to now we are following a Mansi trail on which not so long passed a hunter with deer.)
 Yesterday it seems we stumbled upon his resting stop. Deer didn't go any further. The hunter took the beaten trail by himself, we are following in his steps.
 Had a surprisingly good overnight, air is warm and dry, though it’s -18C to -24C. Walking is especially hard today. We can't see the trail, have to grope our way through at times. Can’t do more than 1.52 km (1 mile) per hour.
 Trying out new ways to clear the path. The first in line drops his backpack, skis forward for five minutes, comes back for a 10-15 minute break, then catches up with the group. That’s one way to keep laying ski tracks non-stop. Hard on the second hiker though, who has to follow the new trail with full gear on his back. We gradually leave the Auspiya valley, it’s upwards all the way but goes rather smoothly. Thin birch grove replaces firs. The end of forest is getting closer. Wind is western, warm, piercing, with speed like the draft from airplanes at take off. Firn, open spaces. I can't even think of setting up storage here. It's nearly 4. Have to start looking for a place to pitch the tent. We go south in the Auspiya valley. Seems this place has the deepest snow. Wind not strong, snow 1.22 m deep. We’re exhausted, but start setting up for the night. Firewood is scarce, mostly damp firs. We build the campfire on the logs, too tired to dig a fire pit. Dinner’s in the tent. Nice and warm. Can’t imagine such comfort on the ridge, with howling wind outside, hundreds of kilometers away from human settlements.

It would be madness to setup a storage cache on an exposed ridge with 100mph winds when the forest is less than 60 minutes away downhill. Those winds could scatter your provisions over such a wide area and cover them with feet of wind drift so that you'd never find half of them again. Worst case you could lose the lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version