Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The footprints, the footprints ...

(1/16) > >>

Earthland:
I'm a novice and haven't looked through all the materials. From the outset, what struck me as most telling was that "footprints left by the group everyone seemed to descent with relative ease." It struck me, because from a psychological point of view, cutting the tent from inside and leaving it without proper clothes, and then strolling away with relative ease, are completely at odds with each other.

What does the "relative ease" mean exactly, and how can one deduce it from the footsteps? Does it mean that no-one had trouble with walking - ie, no-one was badly injured - or does it mean that there was no rushing away in panic, as if they were just talking a walk in a park?

If the latter is really true (and not only seemingly so, let's say, because the weather conditions were such that it was impossible to move in a different manner), that really leaves only two options in my view. Someone either forced them to leave and kept them under gunpoint, or there was some sort of group lunacy taking place.

KFinn:
Welcome to the forum!!

The footprints are largely interpreted as showing a controlled descent; they don't appear to be running or rushing, no one appeared injured or incapacitated to the point of dragging their legs or limping.  Although there are some hand prints believed to be seen in the photos, there didn't seem to be a lot of stumbling or falling in the area where the footprints were present. 

The fact that a controlled descent is at odds with a panicked exit from the tent is a key part of the mystery.  There are those who question whether the tent was cut by the Dyatlov group, whether they were forced down the ridge by others, whether they were under the influence of intended or unintended substances. 

Welcome to the Dyatlov incident!!!  I hope that you are able to find answers or, at the vey least, find valuable discussion!!

Teddy:
Welcome to the forum.
The footprints are very easy to explain if they are not left by Dyatlov group.
I have requested professional opinion (I paid for it dearly) from an independent forensic expert whose sworn conclusion is that the footprints are left by shod feet (wearing shoes).
His expert opinion is 20 something pages long. Here is the gist: https://dyatlovpass.com/1079#chapter23

P.S. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lyudmil Georgiev is forensic expert traceologist who knows nothing about Dyatlov case.

Investigator:
Here is an old post of mine:

"These incidents are not uncommon.  One guy wrote a series of books on the subject ("Missing 411," though "Off the Wall: Death in Yosemite" was better).  Have you read about the Chivrauy incident  (about a dozen years later)?  To me that is an example of even worse decision-making in a similar situation.  The Dyatlov tent began to collapse (probably due to ice/heavy snow buildup), or they though it would collapse, so they cut themselves out, secured the tent so it wouldn't blow away (along with all their stuff), and calmly walked down to the tree line, thinking they could survive with a fire (the fire in fact was said to be quite robust, lasting an hour or two).  One interesting question is if the idea of digging the "den" was the original plan or some sort of secondary one (the two guys who were dressed fairly well could have dug the den while the others started and got warmed up by the fire).  The problem is that when you do a lot of work in the cold (with minimal clothing), then stop to warm up, you're going to do a lot of sweating, and then if your heat source can't be maintained or isn't sufficient, you are in deep trouble!"

neni_cesty_zpet:
Thanks to Teddy and traceologist, Dr. Lyudmil Georgiev, we know that traces were made with shod feet (wearing shoes).
There is no indication for hurry descent.

If they were camping on slope and not staying there for long time than I'd expect traces of similar appearance going up, made by the Dyatlov group.
Could they be overlooked on crime scene?  dunno1

This looks like properly clothed persons were dropped off by a single helicopter for whatever reason and walk down in normal pace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version