April 27, 2024, 09:46:43 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Press Conference video  (Read 4844 times)

February 10, 2023, 04:25:31 PM
Read 4844 times

amashilu

Global Moderator
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=1389.0

Press Conference video from the conference just added by Teddy today. Whew, I had an interesting time trying to follow those distinguished, fast-talking Russians! But what I was able to glean was:

One of them specializes in document study, document retrieval, document searching. He repeated two things over and over: 1) that this was a "case without a number," which he found quite significant; and 2) the extraordinary number of military men involved in the search and afterwards. He also talked at great length about the histological samples going missing. He seemed to accept that this case was a man-made accident, that the authorities had done all they could to destroy or hide the documentation, including not giving the case a number, and "losing" the histological reports.

Another one talked about this being a rocket launch gone wrong. Actually, I think he said 2 or 3 rockets that were launched and went wrong all together. (?) He noted that the footprints do not start at the tent and that this was significant because the failed rockets began to  drop nitric acid, peppering the tent and causing the hikers to have trouble breathing, and then the rockets swerved and dropped the nitric acid into the snow at a certain distance from the tent, which had the effect of making the footprints "harden" -- it was the nitric acid that made this happen. He also later said we should not be too hard on the Russian state for this terrible accident because, well, basically, accidents happen when you are inventing things.

Please correct me where I have misunderstood! Fascinating. Thanks, Teddy.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 04:49:02 PM by amashilu »

February 10, 2023, 06:55:25 PM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

What's significant about a case without a number? How many military men were involved? Why would you not use military men in the search? Why was there so many students, Mansi  locals used in the search???

My point being, if it was something "so bad" or a "cover up" . Why let people that are nothing to do with be on site?

Surely if the "military " or" powers that be "would just do the search and keep any potential of a cover up or Discovery away from random comrade's ?

February 10, 2023, 06:58:34 PM
Reply #2

Ziljoe

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=1389.0

Press Conference video from the conference just added by Teddy today. Whew, I had an interesting time trying to follow those distinguished, fast-talking Russians! But what I was able to glean was:

One of them specializes in document study, document retrieval, document searching. He repeated two things over and over: 1) that this was a "case without a number," which he found quite significant; and 2) the extraordinary number of military men involved in the search and afterwards. He also talked at great length about the histological samples going missing. He seemed to accept that this case was a man-made accident, that the authorities had done all they could to destroy or hide the documentation, including not giving the case a number, and "losing" the histological reports.

Another one talked about this being a rocket launch gone wrong. Actually, I think he said 2 or 3 rockets that were launched and went wrong all together. (?) He noted that the footprints do not start at the tent and that this was significant because the failed rockets began to  drop nitric acid, peppering the tent and causing the hikers to have trouble breathing, and then the rockets swerved and dropped the nitric acid into the snow at a certain distance from the tent, which had the effect of making the footprints "harden" -- it was the nitric acid that made this happen. He also later said we should not be too hard on the Russian state for this terrible accident because, well, basically, accidents happen when you are inventing things.

Please correct me where I have misunderstood! Fascinating. Thanks, Teddy.

People are just making money out of it. Sorry..

The following users thanked this post: Почемучка

February 10, 2023, 07:32:36 PM
Reply #3

amashilu

Global Moderator
I guess, if someone is interested, s/he will just have to watch the video and decide for oneself. They didn't seem to me like sensationalists ....

February 10, 2023, 07:50:28 PM
Reply #4

GlennM

Nitric acid on tent, rocket debris in area, I'd like to see the physical evidence. BTW, how does rocket propulsion work with nitric acid?
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

February 10, 2023, 07:50:48 PM
Reply #5

Ziljoe

Like a trout to the flea , you have me hooked. I'll give it a watch. .my thinking is , if the case is without a number, what cases are with a number? What denotes a case with a number and one without?

If a case number is important, then there must be examples, murder, keeping secrets from the west etc etc.

February 11, 2023, 02:12:40 AM
Reply #6

eurocentric

Wouldn't nitric acid, a highly corrosive substance, have damaged the tent, at least stained it, and this been observed by the rescuers and the forensic scientist who set it up indoors for examination.

It's not uncommon for the military in any country to become involved in a major search & rescue operation, simply because they have the numbers and can be told to do so rather than reliance on recruiting volunteers.

The lack of case numbers is intriguing and may be part of the reason why some histological reports went missing, as in they became misfiled and unidentifiable. But there are reports for the first five available:

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-358-361?rbid=17743

My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

February 11, 2023, 06:06:01 AM
Reply #7

amashilu

Global Moderator
I am trying to relay what was in the press conference video for those who don't want to sit through it themselves. I hope I am interpreting it accurately. It is definitely best that, if you are interested, you watch it yourself/ves.

Case without a number
It is my understanding that this is the only criminal case that was filed away without a number. All other cases have numbers. This is what made it so extraordinary and why the document researcher was so struck by it and kept commenting on it. Why no case number?

Military men
Ziljoe asks about the military men. It is my understanding from the video that the sheer number of these guys called in to help with the search and work afterwards was astounding-- again, far outside of the norm, so the presenter was astonished. Why so many military?

Nitric acid
According to a google search, nitric acid is colorless, and can be used for producing explosives such as nitroglycerin and TNT. The presenter who talks about this in the press conference says that he and some colleagues were once accidentally exposed to it in a lab and it was horrible, they couldn't breathe.

February 11, 2023, 06:23:59 AM
Reply #8

GlennM

Nitric acid
According to a google search, nitric acid is colorless, and can be used for producing explosives such as nitroglycerin and TNT. The presenter who talks about this in the press conference says that he and some colleagues were once accidentally exposed to it in a lab and it was horrible, they couldn't breathe.

I agree, nitric acid is very corrosive.  If it was indeed a part of the situation. Then future searchers might do well to survey the region upwind of the tent. If the pungency of a wolverine could drive people from a tent, certainly acid vapor carried on the wind would be a significant irritant.

I am reminded that nitric acid against the fingers an orange color when it contacts skin.

The following users thanked this post: amashilu

February 11, 2023, 02:52:45 PM
Reply #9

eurocentric

Nitric acid

I agree, nitric acid is very corrosive.  If it was indeed a part of the situation. Then future searchers might do well to survey the region upwind of the tent. If the pungency of a wolverine could drive people from a tent, certainly acid vapor carried on the wind would be a significant irritant.

I am reminded that nitric acid against the fingers an orange color when it contacts skin.

We are invited to imagine just how bad a wolverine's anal glands can smell, there appears to be no evidence that it would drive humans to their deaths and prevent them even wiping down a wood axe needed for survival elsewhere. In reality humans will swim through a sewer and ingest if that is what it takes to survive, the survival instinct is ultimately the most powerful driving force.

The orange skin colour seems mainly to be an observation at the public funerals, and someone will have been tasked with rebuilding the hikers faces, particularly the ravine 4, with modelling clay and paint/make-up, ready for an open casket, and I suspect not getting that right is what explains the orangey colour.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

February 11, 2023, 06:34:08 PM
Reply #10

Ziljoe

Case without a number
It is my understanding that this is the only criminal case that was filed away without a number. All other cases have numbers. This is what made it so extraordinary and why the document researcher was so struck by it and kept commenting on it. Why no case number?

Military men
Ziljoe asks about the military men. It is my understanding from the video that the sheer number of these guys called in to help with the search and work afterwards was astounding-- again, far outside of the norm, so the presenter was astonished. Why so many military?

b]Case without a number[/b]
For me the question to ask, is why have some documents have a case number. What's in documents with a case number?  Is it murder, is the government being up to no good? Are there files that the government take responsibility?.

If the files with a case number say that everything is fine , then we must question the opposite. If the powers that be, can write what they want  and bend truths, why couldn't they write a case file for the dyatlov case. Why do we have so much open exposure to the case, that's people involved at the time and half the world question the dyatlov case. If it was that secret and the Russian bad people were weaving and exercising  their all empowering control , how the heck are we privaliged to know so much about , which is basically 9 young people dying in the outdoors on a extended , rudimentary common activity.

What's the big secret?  The KGB  are a bit dodgy?

I pose the the point that if it was that much of an issue, no students, Mansi , friend, average Joe would have been let near the site of the incident. It makes no sense. The number of military personnel has nothing to do with anything "if you were trying to hide something" . If you have random locals , students and friends involved . The crux of the matter is 9 students were reported missing after not meeting their deadline for communication of their safety. Yep, send out helicopters , search planes, students, Mansi .....where's the conspiracy? .

February 11, 2023, 07:43:10 PM
Reply #11

GlennM

Having a case without a number is one thing, having a case at all is another....and far more important,  yes?

February 11, 2023, 08:08:19 PM
Reply #12

Ziljoe

Having a case without a number is one thing, having a case at all is another....and far more important,  yes?

I don't know if you're asking me GlennM, I have no problem if your are. I just don't know the point of the dp9 not having a case file number? . I'm assuming that the argument being put forth was there was something malicious about there being no case file number.

February 11, 2023, 08:52:28 PM
Reply #13

GlennM

Hi Ziljoe, it certainly appears that a lot of things were done sort of left of center during the investigation. By today's standards, heads would roll for such half baked work. Yet, for what was done, it appears that there was sincere effort, honesty and transparency for much of what we take as canon for the incident.

If this case had to be hand stamped as opposed to using prestamped forms, I'd allow for just plain oversight. If documents were "lost" or otherwise suppressed, that is something different, in my opinion.

Hi eurocentric,
The comment about orange skin on the hikers would be disturbing to someone unprepared for an open casket viewing of badly damaged bodies. I agree. Nitric acid will turn skin a yellowish color and it dries the skin. I shudder to think what a mist of concentrated HNo3 would do. It would be agony to the eyes, respiratory system and skin.

I've maintained that the tent was always on 1079 and a slab slip precipitated the clearing of the tent.  I have a problem with a rocket going 900 miles in the wrong direction. That said, the last photo of the blurry light, the injuries of the hikers ( if they were dosed in the eyes and lungs with nitric acid) adds up. What does not add up is the tent itself lasted much longer than I'd expect if it were misted with acid vapor. Some parts, not all were protected with ice.

The following users thanked this post: Ziljoe, Почемучка

February 11, 2023, 09:54:15 PM
Reply #14

Ziljoe

Thanks GlennM.

There seems to be transparency and a sincere effort to understand what happened by those investigating . This is probably what confuses me most.

Because it's so transparent  and files are available , even to the west!? .

In some respects ,it's so well documented, statements, photos, all people involved etc, it certainly looks genuine. And not a cover up.

Although many of the witnesses at the time contradict each other, to me it is acceptable on the minor details of what was in or around the tent at its first discovery. That's just human nature and I don't think anyone was documenting it as a murder scene in the first instance.

For those searchers that first came upon the tent, it was a search and rescue , not a crime scene. From their perspective , no foul play had occurred , the lack of precise documentation suggests that.

I do wonder if the later interviews with witnesses and media speculation influenced the witnesses recollection of event's. Everyone is just over thinking so to speak.

If it had been some kind of cover up regarding the KGB getting things wrong about them leaving the country , Mansi, escaped prisoners, or they were sympathisers to the west, then far more heads would have rolled or been killed , or whatever the paranoid argument is.

As I write this now , I now think about if it was the loggers that tried to stage the scene. Would the powers that be , when they found out , that resources, fuel/ helicopters  and time been used up to cover the deaths of loyal Soviet intellectual youth and then take no action? With some commentators on the forum of the nature of  the brutal regime of USSR, why would this brutal regime not kill the people that covered up the death of the loyal students ?.

To add, if it was an inoccent falling of a tree, through a storm or whatever, and the loggers staged the scene in fear of getting blamed. Then why on earth would the USSR or today's russian government continue to cover it up? Theres no secret to protect. No payout to families, no guilt and no blame. It's just one of those things?

The following users thanked this post: GlennM, Почемучка

February 13, 2023, 07:04:44 AM
Reply #15

GlennM

Ziljoe, you hammered that nail perfectly! All behavior is motivated, and that is what is lacking with regards to criminality hypotheses. I agree that from the outset,  it was rescue, not recovery on the slope. Then, the bureaucracy gets involved. Next, political finger pointing ensues.  This is Murphys Law of thermodynamics.  " Things get worse under pressure."

The following users thanked this post: RMK